Captain Green Hair

MOC: Joe's Garage

indexed.gif B-OV-25B, and V-LV-57C & V-LV-57D

Hi folks, I present my first building for Greenville.

This is Joe's Garage, for fuel, tires, customizing, tune ups and more...

First a few shots of the building itself:

6822764385_49c091275b_b.jpg

The front, I quite like it.

6822764643_20c536baa7_b.jpg

The side, nothing really special.

6822764921_34e647c865_b.jpg

The back, I might add some things when I integrate it into the layout of Greenville.

6822765237_39664b422d_b.jpg

The roof with a nice skylight. I'm debating on putting black tape behind the sign, but it isn't very lego-ish I suppose.

Now meet Joe and his wife Anna;

6822765623_255825026a_b.jpg

Hello!

Here you can see how the garage door works, it slides over the white rails and can be opened with the roof closed.

6822765955_53d800426d_b.jpg

Inside the shop, Anna runs the counter and most of the Fuel sales:

6822766243_9dac33a658_b.jpg

Of course they sell motor oil as well. (Had to show my vintage Shell bricks hehe)

6822766425_87d753620f_b.jpg

Behind the counter is a small office with a kitchen, fridge, table, woodburner for heating, a telephone and yes, Pizza!

6822766745_a571d9f733_b.jpg

The hart of the shop is of course the workplace. Joe loves old signs, so the shop is literally full of them.

6822768457_195f60a3ba_b.jpg

Ah, there we have a customer! ''Fill 'r up sir?'' ''No, I need a new tire I think.''

6822768733_02aa6e8abb_b.jpg

No problem for an experienced greaser like Joe;

6822767079_85155ae549_b.jpg

Look who's rolling into the street, it's Captain Green Hair on his new chopper!

6822767331_97427625d1_b.jpg

''Fuel sir?'' ''Yes and you woman!''

6822767623_bb2e2eff2d_b.jpg

''Hihi, OK!''

6822768137_483f5ddba4_b.jpg

And there they blast off into sunset, leaving poor Joe to himself...

This is the first building I've made for my upcoming city layout, I will name it Greenville. (Said that a few times now I guess) This isn't a very complicated building, but it is nice to have a bit of learning experience into my journey of buildings.

Credits for the hotrod go to Misterzumbi, it was mainly inspired by his wonderful Hotrods.

Credits for the chopper go to Mijasper. I just wanted a fat rear tire and a bag to bring clean socks. :grin:

That is all folks, I hope you enjoyed it!

A very nice MOC CGH! :thumbup:

I love the 'Joes Garage' sign, and the way you've made the brick walls with both bricks and plates. It adds an "old brick" feeling to the building. I really like your garage door, and how "messy" you've made the tools look, just like a real garage.

The vehicles are nicely designed, too.

Overall, it's a very nicely done MOC. :thumbup:

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

Nice Garage! Your life-like garage gives me a feeling of being in a real garage! :thumbup:

the flooring is more than apt!

The lettering in your sign is very good, and I like all of the little touches, like the fuel cans, and the drawer of tools, and the chain.

Brilliant work; it would look great in any town layout. :thumbup:

There's so much to like here - I think it's the best Lego garage I've seen!

The brick-built sign is very nice, especially the light blue shading on the letters (shame about the R, which is the one letter that doesn't really work...). Maybe, instead of taping the back, you could add some 1x4x3 panels to the back? That way, you'll cover up the mirrored letters without making the sign two bricks deep.

The building itself is lovely, even though it's simple. The different-coloured plates in between the bricks really add a realistic touch to it, and the colours work so well together - the dark green windows suit the brown walls perfectly. And I'm very impressed by that garage door, that's a neat way to do it.

The interior is great, too, and very authentic with all those signs. I'd make one little modification to the oilcans: I'd remove the 1x1 plate and the 1x1 tile and replace them with one of these - they work perfectly for oil can tops.

And that hot rod is superb :)

What's not to like? If this is just the first of several buildings, I'll be very much looking forward to what comes next!

Edited by L@go

Aaah! What a great MOC!

Just in my taste! I love everything about it! The garage door, the brick work on the outside, the windows... the only thing I could wish for is some more "dirt" in the work shop, but that's just me. :blush:

The female minifig is perfect! She reminds me of a character in "Pulp Fiction", by the way...

Great build!! :cry_happy::thumbup:

(I also have been staring me blind on Misterzumbis choppers and motorcycles for quite some time now... they're masterpieces.)

Edited by RedGiant

Excellent garage 'CGH'! The exterior is very detailed and the sign is fantastic! I really like the garage door you made. It look like a great solution for a wide door. Finally great job on the rat rod and chopper too default_classic.gif

Brilliant! I love the sign and the use of 1x2 plates in the brick work to remove the blandness of a single colour. Nice interior too! :thumbup:

I think this is the first time I have ever been blown away by a garage! Excellence work, both inside and out. The sign is very clever in the way you used two colors of blue, and the brick-built door looks great too.

Really a great MOC with wonderful details. It's colorful, but in a very convincing, harmonic and lively way. That door is really epic!

It's also very nice to see the fantastic verhicles of mijasper and Misterzumbi (IMHO two of the best vehicle builders you can find at this scale) in such a stylish surrounding - they add still more coolness than it already has.

Awesome Garage, I like it a lot!

This is a great fun creation. I particularly like the colour variation in the brickwork and all the Interior details of the garage.

Really impressive.

AWESOME garage, AWESOME detailing and that door really works ? *oh2*

Excellent job there 'Captain Green Hair'....raising the bar eh ? :wink: (Let me see what a tiger can knock up. :wink: )

First building in your town, I wait now for your next....Brick On 'Captain Green Hair' ! :grin:

Great MOC! :thumbup: the sign looks awesome and the brickwork looks great, especially combined with the dark green doors and windows. I'd love to see that garage door in action.

Fantastic MOC! I was just looking for a garage moc for inspiration (did a search because i missed it somehow on the front page) for the new series 6 grease mechanic. Im blown away by your moc!

I am totally speechless. This garage simply wows me with all of the amazing details from both the exterior and interior. The flooring and the road are totally well-integrated. And, I got to admit that this scene was one of my favourite. Very realistic indeed. :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing! By the way, nice ride. :grin:

Wow, wow, wow! Everything about this is great. That sign is awesome, love the "shading" on the letters. The garage itself, inside and out, looks like something out of the 50's. That hot rod :wub: ! If ever there was a MOC in need of the CMF Mechanic, this is it!

Edited by Legocrazy81

Great work CGH. There are lots of little details to enjoy. It really has an old garage feel (I like that you've done the interior walls in white, for example). The relatively simple solution for the garage door seems to work well too.