Sign in to follow this  
gui45

frigate with sails now added

thindexedgif.gif 19d

I added sails to my frigate, so if someone is interested in seeing the difference, here it is

my frigate with sails

Edit by Phred: Changed link to back up folder.

However, this appears to be the version with brick-built sails instead of the custom paper sails. :pir-sceptic:

Feel free to check out gui45's current B-S folder or the thread he made for the latest version of this frigate!

It says the folder is not yet public so I can't see! I wanna SEEEEEEE!!!

hello everybody,

I have added a pic so it may not be viewable anymore for the moment

I'm still looking for a name... I can't find one ! I like "La Confiance" (Confidence) but it was a real ship, I'd like to find one on my own.

Oh no It can be in English as well.

Do you know how often Brickshelf is updated?

Oh no It can be in English as well.

Do you know how often Brickshelf is updated?

Brickshelf moderatoin can vary from almost instantaneous (only had that once!) to more then 8 hours if something needs to be refered to a higher moderator! Most of the time I find if I go away and do something else for 2 hours it's public!

Cool ship by the way, much better with sails!

Mark.

The Brickshelf folder must have been moderated because I can see what's inside now and this is my instant reaction: IS THIS THE SAME SHIP???

I'm not sure about everyone else but I think the sails make the ship look a lot better! What were they made from? Just paper?

I made the sails with two sheets of paper glued together, surprisingly to me these sails look good and are strong.

I based myself on the Lego patterns except for the higher sails and the rear one that I made myself.

amazing, it looks like a whole new ship

keep up the good work ;-)

nice hippie tablecloth :-P

Good looking ship. A little blocky perhaps but that is to be expected with this type of vessel I think. The sails a simple and effective and the inside of the ship is looking good also.

The lack of rails on the main deck worry me though as sitting water would be a large concern I think. It has no way to drain off the deck which could prove to be very bad for the ship. Also the lack of any supporting pillars in the lower deck makes me wonder two things what holds up the deck above and how is the mast weight possibly supported?

With some touch ups and a few small details added in this ship could go from nice to good to great even in no time. Keep up the good work.

MOC on matey!

Ha yes these sails is much better than those of bricks for it looks more ship like now. Next you could try using a hull piece rather than how you have those bricks stacked in a step like arrangement. This would remove the blockiness of the hull but perhaps not be wide enough for your purposes.

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad to see people like it better now.

What do you mean by "a hull piece" Captain Ironhook? To me the hull pieces are the brown bases.

My guess would be he's referring to a piece like this:

6051c01.1072061812.jpg

Although there probably isn't one wide enough to suit this ship.

Yes this is the piece of that I speak and if you were not knowing you can get middle and end pieces so you can have a complete hull. Gui45 would you ever try such a thing as to convert your whole ship to one that uses hull pieces?

Yes this is the piece of that I speak and if you were not knowing you can get middle and end pieces so you can have a complete hull. Gui45 would you ever try such a thing as to convert your whole ship to one that uses hull pieces?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, are you talking about my ship in progress or about the frigate of this thread, because the latter has a all Lego hull.

Yes, I talk of this frigate in this thread for I had no knowing of you creating a new ship which is in progress. You never said anything to let me know you were creating a new ship you see. So I only talk of the one in this thread.

Well, it looks much better with these sails! The overall look improved by 100% or more.

Looking at this picture makes me wonder - is the upper deck placed on hinges or is it just loosely lying on the lower deck and can be removed entirely from the ship? I think it's on hinges, but I can't see it clearly.

Well, it looks much better with these sails! The overall look improved by 100% or more.

Looking at this picture makes me wonder - is the upper deck placed on hinges or is it just loosely lying on the lower deck and can be removed entirely from the ship? I think it's on hinges, but I can't see it clearly.

The deck is on 4x4 plates with hinges. There are ten of them.

I'm currently working on the ship, it has now three masts, wheeled cannons and I have added some new details on the deck, I'm waiting for some parts I have ordered to finish it and post new pictures.

The deck is on 4x4 plates with hinges. There are ten of them.

That's what I suspected... Well, let us know when the new pictures are ready...

the ship definitely looks good with sails, altho it didnt look too shabby without them. I thought using the bricks for rolled up sails was pretty creative.

Thats a nice job with the hull too, seeing as you didnt use the parts most people do. For the sails, did you just glue around the border of the paper?

the ship definitely looks good with sails, altho it didnt look too shabby without them. I thought using the bricks for rolled up sails was pretty creative.

Thats a nice job with the hull too, seeing as you didnt use the parts most people do. For the sails, did you just glue around the border of the paper?

I glued two sheets of paper (only the border before, now everywhere) together and then I cut with paper scissors, that's easily made, I even used a screwdriver to make the holes !

Mr Gui45, now that this thread has recieved a decent response may I suggest that you upload the Pirate LEGO Forum's promotional image to each of your Brickshelf Pirate folders?

__discuss.jpg

This will enable somoene browsing your Brickshelf folders to find this forum and you'll be able to get even more responses to your MOCs!

Excellent work! You deserve to be rewarded for your efforts! When you eventually make them that is!