Out of the far west comes many things foreign to the average Halosian, things that are rarely seen East of the Molokai Empire. However, in recent times, several vessels have made their way to the Brick Seas, seeking part in the riches rumoured to be in New Terra.

These vessels are of a curious construction and with rigging which baffles even experienced Halosian sea dogs, being so very different from the typical designs. According to scholars in Belson, this type of vessel is known as a junk, a very diverse classification covering everything from small merchant vessels to large armed privateers.

27569799121_1863fae003_c.jpg

This particular example is of the former, and named "The Dozy Dragon". Its capacious hull holds a large cargo space, and armament has been sacrificed to make room for even more. On its sides, orange gunports are painted to, at least at a distance, give the impression of great firepower.

27033811983_10f0e791eb_c.jpg

This is a build that has long been on my shelf (even photographed) - it was fun to experiment with something different, and I quite like how it turned out. However, those sails were a pain to fashion. If I ever return to "junk-building", I will find another technique. She is a class 2T.

C&C is, as always, welcome.

Great sails, and a very interesting hull construction technique. I like it!

Very nice little vessel, Bregir! Your work with those sails really paid off, and the minifigures and color-scheme (except the blue stripe at the bottom, I'm not too sure about that! pir_laugh2.gif) are excellent as well! pirate_satisfied.gif The slope on the hull and the 2x2 tiles work quite nicely, and while I think that a bit of another slope at the bottom would have helped somewhat, I'm really not sure how that could be implemented! Quite a neat job, though, it is great to see such a large variety of ships in the Brick Seas! pirate_wink.gif

I like the shape of this ship and its difference from our normal ships. Great job on the sails even though they are complicated. It looks like this can be a great story in the future. I look forward to more developments.

I love the hull shape and how the sails came out. It's pity you couldn't find a way to attach a large rudder on to the stern though (I stared at what I assume was the identically built bow and nothing came to mind tbh), as it would help identify the front from back more easily.

A nice addition to the brick seas. Well done!