Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Ewok

What would happen if people discovered

Is your hobbie a secret, tell us about you're experiences with it... all that good stuff

My hobbie is unknown to all but my two closest friends (Little Green Man being one of them) who are both lego fans as well. My parents know, but NO ONE ELSE! And I like it that way, I would be teased to death if people at school found out... ;)

Once though I was opening my school e-mail account for a powerpoint presentation (it was being projected up on the board) Everyone could see as I opened e-mail, and there was a Bricklink order invoice there! :-D I quickly deleted it before anyone could read the title though... :)

Well, in my case, no-one knows. ;)

No-one, that is except my best friend, whom they, too, love those colorful little plastic blocks!!

But if everyone knew, then I wouldn't be here right now! ;) :P

Well, in my case, no-one knows. ;)

No-one, that is except my best friend, whom they, too, love those colorful little plastic blocks!!

But if everyone knew, then I wouldn't be here right now! ;) :P

I meant besides here ;)

Everyone knows..Al my friends even the not soo close ones...Im not scared to tell people, they dont bother. In class we have laptops and I was on this site and stuff and some girls like...Your looking at LEGO's? ha... I just said: Hmm..Yah I like them. Shes like OK... And I showed them some of my MOC's and they were like WOW those are cool! Showed my teachers and all my friends and all of them think its really cool! DOnt be afraid because in the bottom of their hearts everyone loves LEGO's

Well, I don't hide it, but I don't go out of my way to tell people either...sorta like most of my hobbies. If someone comes over, and I have some bricks laying around, I don't go and hide 'em. So some people know, just not the more oblivious ones ;)

Like Starwars4J, I don't try to hide it, but I also don't make a point of telling people. I'm home schooled, so I don't have anyone teasing me about it.

Most of my friends end up knowing about it somehow, and while some of them think I'm a little wierd for still liking these plastic bricks, they don't mind. Two of my friends actually like LEGO themselves. :oD

well considering I keep changing the MOC's on my desk at work, I think everyone I know knows... if they dont' I tell them soon enough. :-D

i will say that as a teenager I didnt advertise it, but all my friends knew and were cool with it. they thought I was a bit weird, but then.. the lego had nothing to do with that.

I wish I could not hide it. Once this one kid learned about it and teased me for WEEKS! :(

I don't hide bricks when others come over. I'm kinda like starwars4j

I don't tell anyone, but if they ask or see the bricks at my house I will tell them...

The main reason I don't tell people is because after 9 years at this school (started in kindergarten, almost done with 8th) I have been kinda established as the "outcast" I'm just left alone, I'm the smart kid in the corner who is good for nothing but answers. If I told people I would be King of the Nerds and seem even weirder then I already am! :-D

You guys have given me some confidence though, maybe I will not be so shy about it. *satis*

Mostly all of my friends did somehow find out about me liking Lego. Some of them at the very least when we passed by a toystore in Stuttgart (city in germany...) last friday and I started sermonizing about the Lego sculpture-display (nice nativity scene...I forgot to take pics though :( ) in the window. One of my friends is particularly alienated every time we visit a toystore by the way I know prices off my head and start calculating price/brick-ratios... ;) . Sometimes my family is very helpful in the matter and bring discounted Lego from vacations or shove me in the right direction during to-buy-or-not-to-buy situations (as happened last week, when I found the last copy of Vladek's Dark Fortress for sensational 69.95

Like a majority of you, I don't hide it but I'm not coming forward saying "hey guys, I'm a Lego addict" !!!

Btw, is there an anoymous Lego addict club around here ?? :D :P

I'm definitly not discussing my hobby at work ;)

The only problem is that a vast majority of my friends and nearly all my familly think its stupid for a 30 years old adult like myself to spend so much time and money over a toy. Oh well, I can live with that ;)

I only let everyone know I like Lego,

that way I dont have to tidy it away when my friends come over...

Why should I hide my hobby when it is something I enjoy?

Like a majority of you, I don't hide it but I'm not coming forward saying "hey guys, I'm a Lego addict" !!!

Btw, is there an anoymous Lego addict club around here ?? :D :P

I'm definitly not discussing my hobby at work ;)

The only problem is that a vast majority of my friends and nearly all my familly think its stupid for a 30 years old adult like myself to spend so much time and money over a toy. Oh well, I can live with that ;)

You said it Yoda. Don't hide and don't yell it out ;)

Proud to be an AFOL

KimT

Well see for me its not so bad considering im 14...And lego is still a reaonable toy for me. Although people dont make fun of you when you play x-box so why do they with LEGO? Anyways I have no problem with it but I understand that when ill be 30...Like xwingyoda and some of you other guys its a different story.... And I respect that you dont talk about it at that time.

Well, being 18, I'm just that age where you prefer not telling. Took me years to convice my parents to actually let me buy it. I did it without telling them for years *twisted*. Still, my best friends know I collect it (not that I occasionally MOC too though), but only me parents and my best friend (girls understand it better :P ) know the full story :)

Everyone knows.

Having two kids in school like I have speads the word ;)

And I have had a lot of parents over to look :-D

Mostly the reactions where positive *satis*

Men are usualy envious. Having a room with toys and no acces for wifes. A mans dream. :P

Men are usualy envious. Having a room with toys and no acces for wifes. A mans dream.

They know, and they don't care...

I WANT ATTENTION!!!!! :oD :oD :oD BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!BWOO!

*ahem*

As long as they help me hang my TIEs on the ceiling, we'll be ok.

Men are usualy envious. Having a room with toys and no acces for wifes. A mans dream.

I wish I could not hide it. Once this one kid learned about it and teased me for WEEKS! :(

I don't tell anyone, but if they ask or see the bricks at my house I will tell them...

The main reason I don't tell people is because after 9 years at this school (started in kindergarten, almost done with 8th) I have been kinda established as the "outcast" I'm just left alone, I'm the smart kid in the corner who is good for nothing but answers. If I told people I would be King of the Nerds and seem even weirder then I already am! :-D

You guys have given me some confidence though, maybe I will not be so shy about it. *satis*

I had the same experience, excpet the fact that I'm now older and that all the guys who were megablock me off ahve crapy jobs, low level of studies and basically ruined their lives... Don't worry, they'll get the change one day or another ;)

I wish I could not hide it. Once this one kid learned about it and teased me for WEEKS!  :(

You guys have given me some confidence though, maybe I will not be so shy about it.  *satis*

I had the same experience, excpet the fact that I'm now older and that all the guys who were megablock me off ahve crapy jobs, low level of studies and basically ruined their lives... Don't worry, they'll get the change one day or another ;)

I noticed the EXACT same thing with me! There are about 4 kids (me included) who actually LEARN in school. I guess when I have a good job I will be able to buy TONS of lego *satis*