Legogal

Your favorite snack while LEGOing? Shhhhhh!

Yup, we all all know you are not supposed to eat while building with your LEGO. But if many of us followed that rule, we would collapse now and then from long building sessions without fuel. So this is the place to describe the less messy (forget pizza and popcorn...okay!) foods you snack on while building.

My favorite is to munch on carrot sticks (or little carrots) because they are not sugary or greasy. Second place is a ginger snap from Sweden made by Nyakers. Unfortunately they are not as healthy as carrots and are hard to find in US stores. But they surely are tasty!

Yup, we all all know you are not supposed to eat while building with your LEGO. But if many of us followed that rule, we would collapse now and then from long building sessions without fuel. So this is the place to describe the less messy (forget pizza and popcorn...okay!) foods you snack on while building.

NO! DON'T EAT WHILE BUILDING! YOU'RE GONNA GREASE UP THE PIECES AND GET CRUMBS ON YOU'RE BUILDING TABLE! :grin:

Okay, well, that's what I think. Good idea with the carrots, as they are not very messy and incredibly healthy. I would take a minute break in between long building session and quickly pour and drink orange juice, as it fuels me up. I also don't mind shoving cookies down my throat in that break. Heck, I'm such a clean freak for when building that I don't like to touch my computer keyboard to check Eurobricks. :laugh:

Just...,

Remind me to buy used bricks from you; it sounds as if they would be clean enough to eat off of!

OJ is a great drink if you can keep it far enough away from your bricks, but I would hate to knock that glass over in my LEGO room! ( I only drink unsweetened iced tea or water in that room. )

I'm definitely in the food and LEGO don't mix camp. With a 6 y.o running around, I'm forever saying, "Get those sticky fingers away from the LEGO!!".

Just...,

Remind me to buy used bricks from you; it sounds as if they would be clean enough to eat off of!

OJ is a great drink if you can keep it far enough away from your bricks, but I would hate to knock that glass over in my LEGO room! ( I only drink unsweetened iced tea or water in that room. )

:grin:

Oh yes, I usually drink the orange juice in the kitchen, but when I do bring it to my LEGO desk (which doubles as a computer desk) it usually falls over. My luck. Thankfully, I have only ever brought it there when there isn't LEGO on the desk, and I quickly clean up any spills I make with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes (now available at your local Target store! :tongue: ).

Chocolate bars or any kind of food I can eat without having to fully remove it from the wrapper so my hands stay clean; and also just about any drink I can find in the fridge or make (tea, coffee, pop, etc.).

I usually get so engrossed in my building that I forget to eat and the cup of tea I made myself beforehand grows cold and ignored.

Same thing when I read books, too, sometimes.

I don't snack when I'm building LEGO. I usually plan ahead and eat before I build. But if I get really hungry, my OCD kicks in and I'll make myself finish the number bag that I'm on, and then I'll get a sandwich or some cheese and crackers or something. Then I wash my hands with hot water to get all the salt off of them! I will drink, though, when building LEGO. It's usually just water, the worst thing I drank was a milkshake. Good thing it had a lid! But my sister's LEGO, oh my gosh. They're so greasy and sometimes I even see a crumb in between bricks :P.

I tend to eat cheez itz because they don't seem to make my hands very greasy. As for drinks I generally drink whatever's around be it juice, soda, iced tea...sometimes I'll even drink a beer...or 2, or 3...you get it.

parks: Wowzer! Hope you don't spill that "good Scotch" on the bricks!

spock: Is "air" the new fad diet? It may work if you wire your mouth totally shut and just inhale through your nose. Good luck!

All: Ice cream does not work around LEGO because you get so into the build that your forget to eat the ice cream before it melts. Then you get a real mess slurping melted ice cream with a spoon...all over your bricks, computer, and whatever else is on your desk. Uh oh!~))

My family bought me a quarter of cola pips (hard round candy).

I had them on my desk during one Historica build, unfortunately I was also using a bag of 1x1 round plates at the time too. Somewhere along the line there was a disconnect between my muscle memory and what my brain told my hand to pick up. :look:

I'll eat anything that can be spooned/forked into my gaping maw that will stop my stomac from singing, (though it sounds more like an endless growling), yet another refrain of 'The Rains of Castamere.' Although keeping that ravenous little veloci-shark-raptor kitten known as Loki away from it proves quite difficult...

spock: Is "air" the new fad diet? It may work if you wire your mouth totally shut and just inhale through your nose. Good luck!

Air is low in calories. It keeps me thin. :classic: I don't eat while building but I may have a cup of tea.