Sign in to follow this  
Matn

What to wish for christmas/holidays?

Well, here is my first topic on this forum. "Hooray" X-D

Here you can ask which set you should buy if you don't know which to chose. Then other members can give you advice and commentary. I will start with my difficult choises.

For Christmas and NewYear (yes, it's early) should I ask money? Or:

- Marked Street or - Spongebob sets or - Some Castle sets

I just can't choose...

You can't choose between some sets? Post it here!

Edit Bonaparte: Merged the threads of Matn and MasterKenobi.

Edit by Hinckley: and I merged those with Trudop561's thread...

Edit by Hinckley: and again with axle's thread...

Edit by Hinckley: " Calvin's thread...

Well you dont give us much information on what sort of person you are?

Well we can get around that, are you more of a adventurer and child like person or a Battle Raged King?

You decide! *sweet*

8-| I'm a bit of everything?

From the Castle sets I would buy that set with the princess and evil lord. From the Spongebob sets I would buy Krusty Crab. Oh, my parents just sayed that I will get money (so I can buy what I want) or perhaps the Marked Street.

And now: others who can't choose?

The Krusty Krab is great,with LOTS of cool little details and accesories, as well as the castle sets. I dont know about market street though. So i guess its up to you!

DP8 (75th Post!)

Edited by darthperson8

Market street is GREAT, but if you really want the Princess ( *wub* ) and the evil Wizard, you should get the skellie tower before it's discontinued! ;-)

I got the skellie tower, it's great, although the drawbridge didn't work as well as I'd hoped. It all depends on what you do with the set. Assuming you want to display it, you just need to decide whether you want a Spongebob scene, or a Knight-rescuing-damsel-in-distress thing. I'd only buy Market Street to add to my Lego town, but since I don't have a Lego town, I personally would go for Castle sets.

Also, I have a dilemma myself.

For Christmas, my Dad's gonna give me some money. Now, I can either get Dwarfs Mining, and have some money left over, to save for '08 or get some Crossbow Attacks before they run out. Or I can spend it all multiples of '07 Castle sets, for army building. Or I can save it for '08. What do you guys reckon?

~Peace

EDIT: Or I could save up some more and get the Castle Chess set...

Edited by iamded

I'd say finish off you Vikings collection. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself for having an incomplete collection, and no way to complete unless you buy it overpriced on eBay or something.

I think I'll stock up on sets, I don't really need some bishops and reapers, or a shipping fee half the price of the set itself, so I'll pass on the Chess set.

I dont think you will have to worry about the first wave disappearing until the second one comes around. Even then they will be on S@H for a while. Hope this helps.

DP8

I got the skellie tower, it's great, although the drawbridge didn't work as well as I'd hoped. It all depends on what you do with the set. Assuming you want to display it, you just need to decide whether you want a Spongebob scene, or a Knight-rescuing-damsel-in-distress thing. I'd only buy Market Street to add to my Lego town, but since I don't have a Lego town, I personally would go for Castle sets.

For Christmas, my Dad's gonna give me some money. Now, I can either get Dwarfs Mining, and have some money left over, to save for '08 or get some Crossbow Attacks before they run out. Or I can spend it all multiples of '07 Castle sets, for army building. Or I can save it for '08. What do you guys reckon?

~Peace

If i was you id buy the dwarfs mine. Because one: its really cool. two: that means you will have money for 2008 and beleive me, having no money when new sets come out is mentaly and physically horrible. :'-( (it happened to me at the start of this year)

~Peace

If i was you I would get the Dwarf's Mining. I think it is better to get only 1 of each set in a theme than have multiples of some but miss out on a great set. Hope this helps! :-)

I'd say finish off you Vikings collection. Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself for having an incomplete collection, and no way to complete unless you buy it overpriced on eBay or something.

I think I'll stock up on sets, I don't really need some bishops and reapers, or a shipping fee half the price of the set itself, so I'll pass on the Chess set.

Thanks, I'll do that then *sweet* . Batman can wait, I already have three good sets and it would be better to have one complete collection than have a heap of themes that I can't finish.

Good choice on the Castle Chess set, coming from a Tasmanian (which is near you), the shipping costs suck |-/ . I might get it eventually, but ultimately the sets are more worth it.

When you say stock up on sets do you mean multiples? Or the Dwarf's Mining? Or have you yet to decide?

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

~Peace

I think you should definitely get the Dwarf Mine Set, as it has those cool new Dwarfs, with their helmets and beards, and because I said so, so there! :-P Honestly though, that Dwarf set is cool, just look at Hinkley's review and you will be convinced. But if you don't like it, then wait for the other sets next year!

Thanks guys. I did love Hinckley's review. So I'll get Dwarfs Mine. hollisbreick, I know what you mean. The new Castle sets came out, and I had no money. I returned a game I recently bought just to get them. X-D

Dwarfs Mine ON!

~Peace

Thanks guys. I did love Hinckley's review. So I'll get Dwarfs Mine. hollisbreick, I know what you mean. The new Castle sets came out, and I had no money. I returned a game I recently bought just to get them. X-D

Dwarfs Mine ON!

~Peace

You won't regret it. It's awesome. There are so many new pieces!! *wub*

Well, I need some one or more sets for 50$ USD or less. At my TRU in Michigan. What should I buy? I am so confused! *wacko* There is so much to get!

Okay guys, it's almost "Sinterklaas" in our country, a cousy and more relegious version of christmas. Every 5 December it will be that day, and every year i can debate with my parents about what i will get on that day. The maximum of price is around

Edited by RupeeClock

Err, so what is the question?

If you are asking which set is best, than I would say 7991 Rubbish Lorry. It is a very good set, one fo the best small town sets for many a year, and a very neat colour scheme too!!

I'm wishing for the Skeleton Tower, Skeleton Ship and the new Townhouse.

Steve