noreha

Star Wars Lego 3D Art

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hey guys, not sure if you have seen much of this sort of stuff, but I have started doing some 3d renders of star wars Lego, it's a little time consuming - seeing as I work and have 2 small kids (both love playing with Lego so it's alright), hope you enjoy it and please don't hesitate to flick me some C & C.

4558701929_77c5f68750_o.jpg

Awesome work :thumbup:

May I suggest deeplinked pics instead?

Otherwise you'll run out of space soon.

Like this:

[img=http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads//1272221407/gallery_101_23_43501.jpg]

And it'll look like this to the rest of us:

gallery_101_23_43501.jpg

If in doubt, check the link in my signature to the Tutorial Index.

Wow, those look very good. I've done some work using MLCad and POV-Ray, but nothing has ever turned out that good.

I'm curious how you got the stickered elements to work in a rendering program. Some details about that part would be very helpful, at least to me.

I couldn't help but notice you're new around here. Feel free to pop over to this forum and introduce yourself.

thanks guys for the compliments, it's a long process to go through, but I use Newtek's Lightwave for the modelling and rendering, I model each piece (I have about 3-400 individual pieces) and then by using the instructions I am then able to construct each set. I have been able to model most pieces but it is difficult when I don't have it in front of me, I have to use image searches on the net to try and get as much info as possible and some have been made purely on assumptions. I have been modelling in Lightwave as a hobby for the last 5 or so years, but have only been doing the Lego sets for the last few months, I have completed a lego castle and some others, but I am finding the Star Wars stuff the most enjoyable. I have started a flickr set so I will be including some of my WIP there... I only found this forum when searching for some example textures for the clone troopers, but it is awesome!!!

Here is the latest image I have completed using rayman and agi2007 custom RGS nose decals THANKS GUYS!!!

4559378160_1f4c5b5cab_o.jpg

Looking great! May I ask about your material and rendering setup?

I've been working on a 3d lego project myself, the UCS X-wing. (Click here to see) I do agree that it's very hard to model a piece without having it right in front of you. I just modeled the canopy piece yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I have to change it a bit still. Anyway, looks awesome, keep up the good work.

Wow they are truly fantastic! You really have an amazing skill there I hope we see more of this from you :cry_happy:

Edited by Roncanator

Please keep posting more of those 3d renderings.

And if other members are keen on trying this out, then post your pics here and we'll turn this topic into the same thing as the RGS sticker topic and the Star Wars photography topic.

I love this place :wub:

Wow, Aramor that's friggin awesome work.

I sense that this topic will soon have a new title and be part of the Forum Index.

Wow, thats some amazing work! Can only begin to imagine the time it must take to make these renders. Loving the ones posted so far, cant wait to see more :classic:

Thought id share this image with you- i'll preface it by saying its NOT mine-

99190114_e9c10ec95b_o.jpg

The image has been kicking around for ages, i remember coming across it over 5 years ago now. Had it saved on my hard drive, but lost it and could never find it again... But then came across it on flickr recently (though its not posted by the original creater). Been trying to recreate it with my photography for years :wink:

Thought it would be apt to post it here, anyone know who the original artist is? Or any other info about it?

Thought it would be apt to post it here, anyone know who the original artist is? Or any other info about it?

Well they are Sand troopers on what I think is Tatooine... But I doubt that is what you meant... :grin:

I had to do it

^^^^ very funny!

Just noticed that it says copyright Fendrik Peter in the corner.... one quick google search later-

Here's a link to the original :classic:

Brick Patrol

he he anakin is bald

Uh oh! :sceptic:

Great comment, that really was useful...

:vader:

Have almost finished the main model for the gunship, just have to add a couple of details - including the minifigs - incidentally does anyone have a nice clear scan of the clone trooper's torso that I may be able to use? or even a nice front on and side angle photo of the helmet? I need to model that and it is almost complete... then I might try my hand at some animation!

4565078997_d848fc9efe_o.jpg

4565221505_7482305abc_o.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am! Keep up the good work folks!

Edited by noreha

Those look seriously awesome. How long did it take to model them?

Would these do?

4567942661_a075c0f14b_o.jpg

4568578584_b878f58d78_o.jpg

4568578614_0e95d7551f_o.jpg

4567942775_a541bbd316_o.jpg

Also do you need a clone trooper face?

Cause here's one I've already made.

4558488858_c4dceb341a_o.png

Edited by Dutch

Made a Mini TIE Fighter:

minitie_2.jpg

Now I'm gonna model the 30051 Mini X-Wing.

Edit: done.

minis.jpg

Edited by Aramor

Seriously, I'm very interested in what you guys are doing here. Those models are simply perfect. And now I ask me, which program you use and if its possible to get a free version. I think I'm not untalented und I ever wanted to try this, so I would be appreciated if one of you could tell me about the "magic program" you use. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

Lion

Aramour - that is awesome stuff, keep going!

Darth Lion - I use a program called Lightwave to model and render my images (it ain't free, but you can get it in certain places if you need it - one program you can use that is free is blender, check it out)

Been working a bit more on some models, had some major issue with my net connection (that hopefully have been sorted) so it has been a while since I last posted anything... but here are the latest

4602262679_97b5564625_o.jpg

4602262695_4dcdd4b070_b.jpg