Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Game and Index

mcbanner2.png

EDIT: With the growth in threads, I have decided to add a helpful index to this post, to help you find all th threads. Hope it helps! :sweet:

Introduction Thread - Setting, rules and confirmation.

Day Threads

Day 1 - The game begins!

Day 2 - Hanging by a thread.

Day 3 - Crushed by potatoes...

Day 4 - Celebration and Despair.

Day 5 - A Grim Night...

Day 6 - A deadly mistake...

Day 7 - Weird Statues Indeed...

Day 8 - A leap of faith...

Day 9 - Ragnir as prosecutor...

Day 10 - A need for action...

Day 11 - Anew face... or not.

Day 12 - Locked In...

Day 13 - Dragon Lord in Storage

The Conclusion - All good things must come to an end...

Building Challenge

Discussion Thread - Discussion of the challenge.

Entries Thread - Post your entries here!

Voting Thread - Come vote for your favourite entry!

Caption Challenge

Entries Thread - Posting those hilarious entries.

(Discussion in main thread)

Other

Behind the Scenes - A flashback of all the scenes.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hear ye, hear ye! :sing:

Lords and Ladies, after collaboration with some very helpful Admins, I am honoured to announce the beginning of a new interactive game on EB. Many of you will have played the Roman Mafia and it's predecessor the Western Mafia; this game is to take this style of play to a whole new level! It will involve puzzles, mystery, a crazy old wizard, and pictorial content!

So now, it is up to you, the EB community, to decide if this game is to be a success. :sweet:

Right, enough of the town-crier talk, on to the good stuff. After the now extended pause of the Roman Mafia, I have felt a big hole in the EB community, and that is an interactive game! So after talking with some admins, I present to you this one, I hope that there will be enough interest to get it off the ground! :grin: I am looking for a minimum of 12 players with a maximum of around 20 (although this could be up for change, but that is your decision). If you are interested then it may take around a week to get all sorted as there is a lot of plot work as well as MOCing to go into it. I want to know if there will be enough interest first however, before I go to the trouble of doing all the work! :wink:

Here is an exert from the starting story post:

The castle of Dragons Keep has for years been ruled by King Dracus, a wizened old man, slightly cuckoo, who really is not up to ruling the castle, let alone the kingdom. Last night, the king was murdered in his bed by a group of activists who want to take control of the keep for themselves. Lord Dragonator, fearing for the lives of the people of the kingdom, wants the traitors found and executed as quickly as possible. As an act of quick thinking he has locked down the castle so nobody can enter or leave until either the traitors are found and executed or the loyalists are outnumbered and defeated. He has decided that as nobody can trust anyone else, voting will occur to try and find who is guilty. The future of the kingdom is in your hands!

Right, so that is the basic setting. There will be two groups of player, mainly to avoid confusion. They are the Loyalists and the Traitors (aptly named :tongue: ). Participants will be randomly assigned to one of these groups, and will receive a specific character, with more information in the starting thread. For those of you unfamiliar with these games, the idea is to vote on a person to be executed that day. The aim, depending on your side, is to defeat the other team (specifics later). No member will know another members role unless they stupidly give it away.

IMPORTANT: Please only show your interest if you are actually serious about committing yourself to posting in the game, otherwise it is unfair on the other participants. I do not like people who say they will do something and then don't stick to their commitment. If you do sign up and don't post, don't be surprised when a dragon comes to call.

More on the general rules, characters, and other info will come later. If you have any comments, criticism or questions, then please, post away! :sweet:

This will be a learning experience for me as well, I just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! :tongue: I look forward to your feedback and if you don't sign up then I will set a dragon or two on you.

~Dragonator

EDIT: Please note that all names are for MC purposes only and are in no way intended to be interpreted as those characters, either alive or dead, seen in other games (especially the EB RP :grin:). Some slight resemblances may be seen however. :wink:

Indeed, sounds very interesting. Sign me up! :sweet:

It's great to see that there's such interest in these mafia games. Perhaps it is time to start a mafia index. So far there seems to be Western, Roman, Mystery Castle and Flatfoot Thomsen's game. I have another game planned myself :blush:

I'm new in the forum, but count me in.

Where I can see the "rules" so I can learn how to play? : :wacko:

Crazy old wizard, eh? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I know a bit about them. I guess I'll have to join in. :knight:

I had never take part in any "mafia" games at all. Heard its full of fun. I won't mind to join in the fun too. However, you might want to brief me on this new game. I am not very familar with it. :tongue:

I'm interested... but pre-assigned characters? No offence, but I'd rather not be forced to play a certain role etc. But if it's a Mystery Castle Game you want, I'm in!

~ :pirate:

Thanks for all the replies guys! I appreciate your interest! :sweet:

I'm new in the forum, but count me in.

Where I can see the "rules" so I can learn how to play? : :wacko:

These games have a tradition of not having extrememly clear rules. That kind of helps the fun of it. :wink: I will put up some rules and guidelines at a later date. :classic:

Crazy old wizard, eh? :hmpf_bad:

Well, I know a bit about them. I guess I'll have to join in. :knight:

Oh yes. :grin: But it's OK, your a different sort of crazy old wizard. :tongue:

I'm interested... but pre-assigned characters? No offence, but I'd rather not be forced to play a certain role etc. But if it's a Mystery Castle Game you want, I'm in!

~ :pirate:

Thanks for your interest! :sweet: When I say pre-assigned characters, I mean it in exactly the same way it has been done in all the other games. You are given a position, a name, and if applicable a night action, with some small description with it. The rest is entirely up to your interpretation! So you are not 'forced' to play a role, but you are given a certain side and character to play as, however that characters decisions and personality etc are entirely up to you. If you could just do what you liked and pick your side, then this wouldn't really work. :wacko: Basically I mean it in the same way it has been done in the other two games.

By the way, if anyone wants an idea on how to play, they can check out the other two games by doing a quick search. :classic: This game will have some differences, but those other games will give you a good idea on where to begin. :thumbup:

I'm game! I was a fan of the Roman Mafia, so... waitaminute... what ever happened to that? Ah well, I'm in for this! :sweet:

~Peace

I'm game! I was a fan of the Roman Mafia, so... waitaminute... what ever happened to that? Ah well, I'm in for this! :sweet:

~Peace

That's unfortunately been paused for a few months my friend... :cry_sad: Which is why there is no reason people can't join this!

Well it looks like there is going to be lots of support, so I will start work on the setting/characters/plot etc. Lots of work for me! :grin:

We will need some more players still however, so keep showing your interest people!

Im down for some Mystery Castle shenanigans! Count me in! though i haven't done this before, i will search thru the other threads for a basis.

Cheers ISC :skull:

To offer some help, when I make the confirmation thread I shall post the opening storyline, some general rules so you don't all get confused, and a list of characters. Whether you want to keep your identity a secret in the game will be entirely up to you! (although past players suggest that the fastest way to be convicted is to give away your role... :wink: )

We still need at the least 6 more players, with a maximum of 10 more. After that, I'm sorry to anyone who missed out. So sign up now people! Once there is enough interest I will post the conformation thread. :sweet:

I'm so in! Man, I'll never pass on a good mafia game >=D

(And I too have plans to make one sometime in the near future :blush: ...I'll wait til there's a lack of mafia-ing, though; don't want to over-saturate the forums just yet. And for the record; this time it won't be in history...but that's all I'm saying. ^.^)

~Trexxen

Edited by Trexxen

Last spring term exam tomorrow, and after that I'm pretty much stuck in front of the computer for the coming months, so count me in :grin:

Thanks for all the interest! :sweet:

For this to run proberly though, we still need at least 3 more players, and preferably 7 more. So go tell your mates! :grin:

I am getting there with the first day's initial ideas, I just need to finish typing out everyone's character description. Man this takes a lot of work. :tongue: Once we have enough interest, I will send you a PM asking you to post your conformation in the conformstion thread. Once you have confirmed you will be sent your character. The game will begin once everyone has confirmed!

For those of you that are new to this game, I will post some guidelines as well as the story in the first day's thread.

Thanks once again, and I look forward to the start of the game!

Edited by dragonator

For those of you that are new to thi game, I will post some guidelines as well as the story in the rules and conformation thread.

Haha, I am new to this game. So take note of my stupid questions in the future. :tongue:

Hope I can understand this game quickly. :sweet:

Edited by WhiteFang

Haha, I am new to this game. So take note of my stupid questions in the future. :tongue:

Hope I can understand this game quickly. :sweet:

I'm sure you will, it's not all that hard to play. The hardest bit is not giving to much away! :grin:

Keep those interest posts coming! :sweet: Please?... :look:

Keep those interest posts coming! :sweet: Please?... :look:

Interested :tongue:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Interested :tongue:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the interest! :tongue:

We still need a minimum of 2 more people, although preferably 4, and a maximum of 6. :sweet: First in first served. :wink:

Right, it seems we are still short a few players, but I will let this go ahead anyway. I originally designed it for 20 players, so I'm going to have to cut out some fun plot twists and things... :sceptic: Oh well. You know I had hoped Hinckley might play... (hint hint :wink: ).

I will leave it one more day and then I'll send out the conformation PMs. Please confirm that you are playing by replying in the conformation thread. Once you have done this I will send you your character.

If there are still people out there who want to play, you will be warmly welcomed, but please contact me ASAP!

Thanks everyone. :sweet:

Maybe you can show us a list on who's in at the moment? So we will know who is in or out?

What do you think? :sweet:

Maybe you can show us a list on who's in at the moment? So we will know who is in or out?

What do you think? :sweet:

Well I assume everyone who has posted in this thread is going to play... :look:

But anyway, here's my list of people I'll be PMing:

1. Inertia

2. TinyPiesRUs

3. Hyphos

4. imperialshadows

5. WhiteFang

6. Lt. Veers

7. sdpirate

8. iamded

9. stash2sixx

10. I Scream Clone

11. Pencoin

12. Trexxen

13. Quarryman

14. Batbrick

Could somebody please nag Hinckley into playing? :tongue: Then we only need 5 more...