Here's my latest creation, and yes it's another sports car. Yay!

I wanted to have another go at building a small RC Sports Car, but this time loosely based around a 2009 corvette. This car is wide and low so I was expecting it to be a challenge. I also wanted to use some of the ideas from my other models, such as the L motor setup in the Mini Truck.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Features

- 2x L motors at 1:3

- 1x Servo

- functional doors, boot & hood

- battery access under dashboard

- working front lights

- 36Lx17Wx10H (chassis, in studs)

- 804g

005.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Like the mini truck, the two L motors make this car move! The extra width seems to give it some extra traction as well. Design wise it isn't perfect, but I did the best with what I had available.

008.jpg

015.jpg

Hope you like it.

EDIT:

Video is up!

Edited by Chade

This topic is worthless without video

So photos are worthless? Funny, but I don't share your opinion.

Getting back on topic, the car looks awesome, I love the gap-less design and the way you put the engines, great job :)

Wow, very sleek bodywork, and great photos. :thumbup:

Knowing the MOCs of Chade, "worthless" is a bit strong, right? I am sure, it works like charm as usual, just a bit patience needed yet. :wink:

This looks awesome! Great bodywork and full of functions considering the small scale. I really like the compactness of this little beauty.

Only the wheels look just a fraction to small to me. Also I am not a fan of the all black colour choice. I wonder how this beast would look like using other colours.

But don't get me wrong: This is still a masterpiece!

Thanks everyone for the comments!

As the pictures are doing nothing for this topic, I whipped up a video! (see first post)

This looks awesome! Great bodywork and full of functions considering the small scale. I really like the compactness of this little beauty.

Only the wheels look just a fraction to small to me. Also I am not a fan of the all black colour choice. I wonder how this beast would look like using other colours.

But don't get me wrong: This is still a masterpiece!

I thought the wheels looked a bit small too, but it's the right size. I think it's because the tyres are thicker than they should be.

The real devil is this thing for me.

Absolutely great performance in such a smal scale. I like this fuly black color design of the car and with red seats.

Realy a litle devil.

So photos are worthless? Funny, but I don't share your opinion.

Getting back on topic, the car looks awesome, I love the gap-less design and the way you put the engines, great job :)

Take life easyer and dont be so serious :wink:

Very nice car. I would make front lights smaller (Just two plates thick), and slightly changed the shilouette, but it is just my personal preference. You did great job.

Take life easyer and dont be so serious :wink:

Funny. That's exactly how I took @braker23's comments towards YOU......lol...

Anyways, lets not let that distract from this great little build. I love the compact size, looks and performance. Job well done!

I never venture into the Technic side of the forum but what an awesome car. Seeing the video really makes me wish that Lego would do something like this so non-technic people could also get one.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

With regards to colour, I personally dislike one colour tone throughout a build, but it just seemed to work with this car. I tried different colours but it didn't look as good.

Very nice car. I would make front lights smaller (Just two plates thick), and slightly changed the shilouette, but it is just my personal preference. You did great job.

I thought about smaller lights but I needed them bigger to 'fill' the space a bit and to cover the LED lights (the LEDs are on an angle)

This is an awesome build and great performance. Reminds me of Baracade. :thumbup:

What's Baracade? I looked it up on google but I couldn't find anything.

Edited by Chade

Google "baracade transformer"

Thanks nerdsforprez, it does look a bit like this car from the front.

Thanks for the comments.

The car is now on rebrickable if anyone is interested. http://rebrickable.com/mocs/Chade/black-devil

Looks great! Maybe a couple white or blue stripes on the hood and roof? Great job though!

Stripes might work, but I'd want it over the back as well. That would be difficult.

Nice shapes and technic style of this car! But the hood...is very interesting :classic:

I hope that's 'good' interesting ☺