Sign in to follow this  
Legeaux

Lateen Rigged Corsair 'Adroit Main'

thindexedgif.gif 29a

Ahoy all,

A new vessel in the waters of Port Brique... and not a friendly one this time!

The lateen rigged corsair, the Adroit Main, has been raiding merchant shipping...

adroitmain00.jpg

More pics here, post moderation.

A bit of an experiment with the 10-wide hull sections, a traditional style on a small vessel, an exotic rig, and a pair of dragon wings as sails!

As always, happy for any comment or suggestions.

(This one definitely doesn't float ;-) )

Ahoy all,

A new vessel in the waters of Port Brique... and not a friendly one this time!

The lateen rigged corsair, the Adroit Main, has been raiding merchant shipping...

adroitmain00.jpg

More pics here, post moderation.

A bit of an experiment with the 10-wide hull sections, a traditional style on a small vessel, an exotic rig, and a pair of dragon wings as sails!

As always, happy for any comment or suggestions.

(This one definitely doesn't float ;-) )

Nice little ship, and good coloring!

Niece little ship, although somehow I don't like the green colour of the sails... But that's just me.

I have a few of these 10-wide sections stocked somewhere myself, I purchased them to use in a Pirate MOC some day, but they are not my top priority right now so they'll have to wait a bit longer (the same goes for my 6-wide hull sections BTW).

Ahhhhhh a brick build hull! Well to a certain degree.

Are you going to keep all these ships Mr Legeaux? Or are the build, photograph, then scuttle?

Ahhhhhh a brick build hull! Well to a certain degree.

Are you going to keep all these ships Mr Legeaux? Or are the build, photograph, then scuttle?

Keep them until the urge overtakes me to build something new with the parts. The oldest vessel in Port Brique is about five years old now... but some don't last nearly that long.

Very nice for such a small ship!

But I have to agree with Mr Dreamweb, I also don't really like the green coloured sails.

Don't you think the back windows of the cabin are a bit too big? Maybe it looks better if you use the windows you also used on the sides, and give it a nice frame...

And finally, I have a question about the steering wheel: Is it LEGO? It reminds me of Knex somehow...

Very cool!

Mr Tiber

A very nice little ship, with a good color scheme and an interesting rigging. *sweet*

I also have some plans for using these cool CREATOR dragon wings for a

small sailing vessel, and maybe those sails from the SW Sail Barge would

be nice for a river barge in a more fantasy-based layout....

Very nice, the window on the sterncastle (?) has to be my favourite part. And I think I have mentioned it some five times earlier but I love that cannon design :-$

I

What a nice little ship.. like the cannon and the cabin windows on the sides.. but as mr Tiber wrote; the window in th back is a little to big for such a little boat.

And a thing that struck me; isn't the boat a little overpopulated? Think there's quite many pirates onboard :-$

Nice ship *y*

I don't mind the green sails. I think if TLC were to make this ship, they'd have have colored sails. :)

I also in agreement about the back squar windows being too big. Maybe some lattice could be used there as windows.

What piece is that steering wheel?

I've never seen that before.

I like the smaller cannons and the swivel guns. *y* *y*

Added them to the Cannon Index too

P

I like those green sails and the "big" windows.

Well, this proves that a ship doesn't have to be big to look good.

And a good color scheme can do a lot.

And a thing that struck me; isn't the boat a little overpopulated? Think there's quite many pirates onboard :-$

Pirates often used small ships that were populated by a large crew to have enough manpower to board larger ships.

Haven't you played Sid Meier's Pirates Mr oDDerFisken? Before attacking a larger ship you stock up on crew beforehand because the number gets "culled" during the attack and you also need additional crew to man the new ship - unless you decide to sink it.

Haven't you played Sid Meier's Pirates Mr oDDerFisken? Before attacking a larger ship you stock up on crew beforehand because the number gets "culled" during the attack and you also need additional crew to man the new ship - unless you decide to sink it.

AHH... Sid Meier's pirates... my favorite pirate game of all time. You probably shouldn't sink ships if they are holding spice, goods, etc., or if the ship is badly. I'd still keep it, fix it up, upgrade it, then sell. I assume you recently aquired this wonderful game? Because you made a reference to the item "Set of Balanced Swords" in the Pirate Captain thread...

Now, on topic, this ship looks very nice, and I like the green sails. But I don't recall the slopes on that cannon being in any green except light green.

Actually I acquired Sid Meirer's Pirates back in 2004 not long after it came out. I haven't played it in ages... Haven't had the time :'-(

Hello Legeaux.

I really like this creation. It has some nice colors, and overall is a nicely built ship. That's a neat cannon design, too.

The sails are well made too, although I don't really like the choice of green for them.

Thanks for sharing. *sweet*

Green is quite a different colour for sails...

What made you decide on green Mr Legeaux? Was it to go with the cannon base? X-D

Green is quite a different colour for sails...

What made you decide on green Mr Legeaux? Was it to go with the cannon base? X-D

That's the colour they come in! 8-(

(From the 4894 creator dragon set)

From this set?

[image of set]

And I thought they were customs.

You did? From my first post in this thread: