Matti

[MoC] Norweigan Shack

Hello dear Brickfriends!

I would like to show you all my latest MoC "Norweigan Shack"

Its inspired by many of the chunky architectural tiny-house things going on at the moment.. The "Live in a box" theme, which I'm quite fascinated by. Actually, i am planning to build one myself, out there in the real world, but for now, this sketch has to suffice!

Other inspiration sources are the Juvet landscape hotel in Norway, and the Eames house. Check them out, if you haven't already. They are marvelous! :)

I tried to work in all the little details, so it would actually be 100% livable by a minifig.. ;) Only thing missing is a toilet, but lets dig a hole, shall we?

Norway-House1_zps60570820.jpg

The river

Vand_zpsb4263d00.jpg

Gas and water

DSC_0258_zps096c54f6.jpg

"Solid wall" on 2 sides..

vinduer_zps5b865407.jpg

And the interior witch features Kitchen with Stove and oven, sink, coffee machine (very important!) fridge, bookcase, computer table, armchair and bed which folds under the floor for the day time.. :)

DSC_0268kopi_zps9ae528f0.jpg

DSC_0276_zps4176add4.jpg

Interioslashr_zps0ab79597.jpg

interioslashr2_zps2541bc28.jpg

DSC_0287_zps52d81b91.jpg

I hope you like it! Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.c...re/15312451123/

Cheers, and brick on!

-Matti

Edited by Matti

Simply put... I want to live in such a house! I always loved big see through houses and this one even is above ground for that extra view. Love all the small detials, they liven up the already great model.

Quite the intriguing little microhouse. Lots of neat details and aside from the toilet, fully set up. I like how it blends into the natural surroundings too. A very well thought out build!

Isn't it good, Norwegian wood... :wink:

What a great little MOC. I like the interior, the furniture - but the landscape is most stunning.

Brave use of colours, great rockwork and a very very well done river (and building something watery is always a challenge).

Hats off to you!

:sweet:

Cheers you guys!

I feel like making another one already, as i like the puzzle of the tiny house concept :)

-Mat

I've been away from these parts of Eurobricks for a while, and upon coming back this is definitely one of the builds I just had to comment on. The building is very neatly designed and so well packaged, the furniture is lovely (although that's a very shallow refrigerator...) and the colour combinations work very well. And then you've topped the whole thing off with a superbly detailed landscape - wonderful! Very well done.

My only critique would have to be that you've spelled Norwegian wrong :)

Super nice one, love the furniture and kitchen! Is it true that a skyscraper is called "shack on shack on shack on shack......" In Norwegian :p