CM4Sci

LEGO The Hobbit Videogame

As interesting as it looks, I'm going to pass on it. All the TT games seem the same, it's just about jumping on things and hoping studs come out of them.

I am thinking this game is coming out in December 2014, to coincide with Part 3 of The Hobbit, so that gives them enough time to publish Lego Star Wars IV in-between Lego Movie Game and Lego Lord of the Rings 2: The Video Game.

OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEA! I totally called this! Little sooner than I expected, but that just means less waiting! I wonder if it will expand on the LOTR hub with Mirkwood and Erebor or just do Hobbit locations.

Man this is going to be SWEET! I don't see why they would release it earlier than the film though, they haven't done that since LEGO Star Wars 1.

But why are the names of AUJ and TABA in the corner, and not DOS?

^ Because DOS was originally never supposed to happen :wink:

I might actually pre-order this... Cant wait to see which minifigure they chose to give it :cry_happy:

My guess is Bilbo or one of the Dwarves in their Laketown/Erebor Clothes or Armour

^ Because DOS was originally never supposed to happen :wink:

I might actually pre-order this... Cant wait to see which minifigure they chose to give it :cry_happy:

My guess is Bilbo or one of the Dwarves in their Laketown/Erebor Clothes or Armour

Actually, the three-film split was done way back in July 2012... there's no way they started the game that early. Maybe the Pre-order minifig is old Bilbo, since I think we'll see Bilbo in his blue outfit in the TABA wave of sets.

...and Lego Lord of the Rings 2: The Video Game.

Why would they make that? They already covered the whole movie trilogy in the 2012 game... :look:

I'm really curious when this is going to be released. I don't know if they could do a release before the film trilogy finishes in December, as the dialogue is most likely straight from the films. And these games usually release in November, May/June, and March. They may release it a few days before the film, but that would be really unusual.

Actually, the three-film split was done way back in July 2012... there's no way they started the game that early. Maybe the Pre-order minifig is old Bilbo, since I think we'll see Bilbo in his blue outfit in the TABA wave of sets.

That is true...... Was just an saying :tongue:

Imagine if they ended up putting this and the LOTR game together to make a

LEGO The Adventures of Middle Earth Video Game :cry_happy:

Edited by SandMirror38

That is true...... Was just an saying :tongue:

Imagine if they ended up putting this and the LOTR game together to make a

LEGO The Adventures of Middle Earth Video Game :cry_happy:

I think The Hobbit game will share most of the locations and some characters of the LOTR one.

Do you guys think the video game image that he posted is fake, there's no logo for the PS4 or Xbox One.

If you think its fake then you obviously don't know Sci.

He posts a lot of things about upcoming products, and they have always been true. I don't know why he'd post a fake one anyway, because there's nothing to gain from it.

He posts a lot of things about upcoming products, and they have always been true. I don't know why he'd post a fake one anyway, because there's nothing to gain from it.

Well, to be fair, the image originated on Brickset Forums by 'siderssd', who scanned it himself. The picture is straight from The Hobbit instructions.

Should be quite good, another chance to free roam in Middle-Earth is great. Hopefully they'll have a great preorder fig, like Old Bilbo, King Thror, or Thrain.

As interesting as it looks, I'm going to pass on it. All the TT games seem the same, it's just about jumping on things and hoping studs come out of them.

If you're going to boil all games down to their mechanics, they all sound dull and samey.

They may release it a few days before the film, but that would be really unusual.

But not unheard of; correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all Lego games with release dates that have been deliberately coincided with their source materials release date been released before they came out? The first Lego Star Wars game was released before RotS was released, and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean was similarly released before Stranger Tides. All others were either released well after their license's last film (Original Trilogy, Complete Saga, Indian Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings) or have been separate stories (Batman, Marvel). LSW III is the exception here, as it was released in the middle of the series run, and doesn't fall into any of the categories.

Haha, thanks. :laugh:

I never got the LotR game, though a cousin did it and we finished Story Mode in a few days during a holiday. It was really cool exploring Middle-Earth because there were so many places, much more than LEGO Batman 2. I'm not sure if I'll get this. I still have to get LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!

-Sci

I'm not at all surprised. I've been expecting this since LEGO LotR's release. Not sure if I'll get it or not, it may be interesting.

If you're going to boil all games down to their mechanics, they all sound dull and samey.

But getting studs is one of the main aims of the game, and achieving it by jumping on stuff isn't for me. And not all games sound dull and samey when boiled down to the core. For example when talking about FIFA, you could say it is just repeatedly playing football matches over and over again, but that sounds fun to me. And GTA could boil down to 'You make money by committing crimes', but that also sounds fun. Jumping on things to make money isn't.

I'm really excited for this, although it worries me that they're releasing it before the trilogy is done.

Hopefully the pre-order has some great fig. Perhaps Galadriel?

But getting studs is one of the main aims of the game, and achieving it by jumping on stuff isn't for me. And not all games sound dull and samey when boiled down to the core. For example when talking about FIFA, you could say it is just repeatedly playing football matches over and over again, but that sounds fun to me. And GTA could boil down to 'You make money by committing crimes', but that also sounds fun. Jumping on things to make money isn't.

I think you're a tad confused. Playing football and committing crimes is the story of Fifa/GTA. Fifa's gameplay mechanic (the part of Lego games you say you have a problem with) is running from side-to-side occasionally pressing a button to kick the ball, whereas GTA's most frequent mechanic is the driving and shooting. For instance, the story of Lego Marvel is an original story set in the Marvel universe, which has heroes from the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four and others collect various shards of the Silver Surfers board to discern why he's come to Earth. The gameplay mechanic is destroying the enemies, collecting studs and puzzle solving.

I must admit, I personally can't quite fathom how the comparatively varied gameplay of a Lego game can be described as less enjoyable than a Fifa game. Perhaps there is something more than the mechanics that you don't like. :shrug_confused:

^I can agree with the Professor there, Lego games are always different!

The thing i like the most about the Lego games is that you always find Brick-Built Structures

i always try to build them myself :P See what i mean? the Lego Games are fantastic when it comes to Building, Breaking, and Characters!

As far as i've expirienced i've never "Jumped" on things... you "Hit" them

For me they can just lay FIFA and GTA in a burning pile of ash and let the fire delete all the data from those disc's!

and mostly FIFA! everyone is talking about it every year again!

*o.m.g the new FIFA is coming!* Who the hell cares...

Now let's get serious again...

So in the case of the Lego Games i say: Yes. We. Want!

and i agree with Flitwick.

So after the teaser from the instructions have been around for a while, today WB announced the game proper.

It will be released in spring 2014 and incclude content from the first 2 movies.

That is great cause it means we'll proapbly get another game for the 3rd movie, perhaps some lotr/full hobbit game collection.(speculation)

Wich in return means 2 more exlcusive minifigures, one for each game preorder/special edition! (speculation)

legohobbit.png

legohobbit1.png

legohobbit2.png

Only the first two films? Drat. Hope they'll release a second game soon. Still cool we're getting one for the first two films. :classic:

Yeah, we have a thread for the game already. Feel free to post these there! They look great!

-Sci