Hello, everyone!

I built 4WD off road pickup truck being inspired by the set 42029.

It is not a copy of actual truck, but some details look similar to Ford Raptor and Toyota Tundra which I referred to. :classic:

Weight: 1570g

054%20(1024x576).jpg

Features,

4 wheel drive with 3 differentials

2 XL motors for driving

Servo motor for steering

Working V8 engine

Working front and rear LED lights via power function switch

Suspensions

Front: independent Rear: live axle

Openable hood, doors and glove box:)

Lockable tailgate

Detachable bull bar and roll bar

064%20(1024x576).jpg

062%20(1024x576).jpg

074%20(1024x576).jpg

005%20(1024x576).jpg

006%20(1024x576).jpg

Double wishbone front suspension is the same as 42029.

Which means that front axle has a differential and CV joints without portal hub reduction. They cannot handle much torque for offroad driving.

So I put portal hub on rear axle. Gear ratio is 3 : 1. That can handle enough torque.

This setting enables central differential to act as torque vectoring diff. Front wheels recieve 25% of torque and rear wheels recieve 75%.

Thus this Truck has good offroad capability. Three differentials and pairs of CV joints works smoothly, and they did not break or snap.

058%20(1024x576).jpg

You can change body color, and choose the type of battery box: 8878 or 8881.

075%20(1024x576).jpg

077%20(1024x576).jpg

Video:

Building instructions and more pictures: https://plus.google....64977943/albums

I hope you will like it! :wink:

Edit: I forgot exhaust tailpipe in all pictures. :tongue:

This is the final version!

002%20(1024x576).jpg

Edited by Madoca 1977

Another (pair) of awesome MOC(s). Can you show a bit more in detail how you made the front wheel steering? I'd like to see how you guided the steering arms so they dont colide with the frame/steering rack.

It is insane, but when I imagine the red version with black rims and decals (bumpers, side steps, grill, etc.), I think I won't sleep next night... :D

Edited by Gzzig

First off your an amazing builder !!!!!

I think this is the best looking pickup/Truck that I have seen in pure Technic or even studded .

I look foreword to the instructions , I will make this in red (hope I have all the parts :laugh: ).

So far I have made your AWD SUV MK2 and busy with your corvette C3 stingray that will be in black .

I have also ordered parts to build the tatra 813 and Wing Body Truck , the Truck will have to wait a bit because all those panels are going to be costly .

Your buggy and Buggy 2 where a big inspiration for my buggy . Thank you so much for all the instructions and fund I have had building your M.O.C's.

On a side not would you mind posting a picture of your Lego building area and all your Lego I am always keen to see other peoples setup :classic: . My Lego room

Thanks again !

Great Tundra, Madoca!

Devolro version Wanted!!!:)

Edited by rm8

Another (pair) of awesome MOC(s). Can you show a bit more in detail how you made the front wheel steering? I'd like to see how you guided the steering arms so they dont colide with the frame/steering rack.

These pictures are part of instructions. 5x7 frame is 1 stud under the axle.

640x360.jpg

640x360.jpg

Another work of art, congratulations Madoca 1977 and thank you for sharing your gift to build these wonders with those equal to I do not have such an ability to create these wonders. Forgive me for using a translator ...

Looks absolutely awesome, reminds me of Toyota HiLux modified by Arctic Trucks of Iceland! :thumbup:

It alsways amazes me how you manage to make such beautiful lines on your MOCs!

This is one awesome creation. I get the same feeling looking at this as I had as a little kid looking at the 8858 Rebel Wrecker until I finally got it for my birthday. It looks tough and cool. And loaded with functions. Great job.

Wow... this looks awesome.. complete, full featured.. hats off.

And those proportions..

Edited by Sylvian