Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

Hells Gate watch tower

General Grimm's out post is the gate way to the East, Hells Gate is a narrow pass that is well guarded by Grimm and his troops.

If the guild colours are not enough to make you turn tail perhaps the heads of your countrymen upon pikes will change your mind.

This is still a WIP and may change over the next month depending on what advice my fellow dark ones give on improving the defences of Hells Gate.

EDIT: Now with lava fall!

6360366157_33a7cbfb21_z.jpg

6360366395_2122095796_b.jpg

6360366669_f9feacbb1c_b.jpg

6360366939_2f23bd8318_z.jpg

Original:

6336603394_137c8d7206_z.jpg

Wow...you built this really quickly!

You also did a beautiful job building it. The different colors and textures in the tower wall give it a really nice effect. The rock parts are also well done, but my favorite detail is the heads on spikes.

Thraxus' architects are currently working on plans for the Minotaurs' tower outside the Kelra Labyrinth...

Indeed! amazingly fast building! Remind me never go against you in a speed build You're like a Tasmanian... something :laugh:

The spikes are particularly well done... as is the waterfall!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hell's gate is impressive my second in charge! I for one would love to see some lava spewing forth rather than water, but it is pretty close to neutral ground, so maybe not likely. Rakath mountains are after all a little way away from the edge of our guild land.

Taz, this looks great, even if the waterfall is just water, I love the technique you used, it really shows the white water bubbling at the top of the fall. The mountain side is great as well, very nice rock work.

Hell's gate is impressive my second in charge! I for one would love to see some lava spewing forth rather than water, but it is pretty close to neutral ground, so maybe not likely. Rakath mountains are after all a little way away from the edge of our guild land.

A lava fall was on the cards but like you said this is the gateway to our kingdom and I wanted to depict the transition from grassy plains to barren waste land. Fear not there will be plenty of lava rivers to come. :thumbup:

Is there any thing my guild brothers/sisters feel is missing or could do with a tweak? I've got plenty of time to rework elements of this build. :wink:

A lava fall was on the cards but like you said this is the gateway to our kingdom and I wanted to depict the transition from grassy plains to barren waste land. Fear not there will be plenty of lava rivers to come. :thumbup:

Is there any thing my guild brothers/sisters feel is missing or could do with a tweak? I've got plenty of time to rework elements of this build. :wink:

Water is certainly good for transition. But I would like to see some more blood. Like blood dripping down the spikes and dying part of the river red :devil: I'm evil, am I?

The narrow pass through the rocks combined with the tower guarded by undead archers makes for a menacing sight. I really like the colours you picked for the Nocturnus lands, dark gray and dark tan. Great build Taz. :classic:

maybe put up some bars and chains and spears, to make it look like the other guilds blocked the path.

General, might I suggest adjusting the bottom of the tower so that a balcony juts out slightly over the pass - for the obvious purpose of pouring boiling oil over our pathetic enemies attempting to make a dash for it. Your men on ground could stand around the corner ready to attack should the oil run out, or some lucky spell neutralise its potency.

It may even benefit if we were to deliberately cause the ground on the approach to be difficult to traverse. Makes "advancing" armies easy pickings for archers at the top of the tower. We could place obstacles for horses, siege weapons etc or muddy the ground to bog down their heavy knights.

Now I just need to get a decent photo of it....black is such a bitch to shoot.

Now I just need to get a decent photo of it....black is such a bitch to shoot.

now you know my troubles :) add red color, and you ahve a nightmair :)

Excuse me, but my first impression was "Cool, a blood-fall!". Of course because Nocturnus has slain so many foes. Or the tower guards have HELL of a problem concerning nose-bleeding. Or... are there any women...? Bah, never mind... looks definitely awesome anyway!

Edited by Quichybo

The lava is certainly more fitting to Nocturnus, but I also liked the transition/border feel of the previous version. Wouldn't trans-orange be more fitting for lava?

The little bridge is a nice addition. So now you have victims from every guild? :devil: