My LDD is updating as we speak! For some reason, my brother's isn't, though. Will edit this post once I have some idea of what the update contains!

EDIT: I don't have LDD Manager so I can't tell all of what's new, but so far I have some old Bionicle parts, some new Hero Factory parts, and the Mixels joints!

EDIT 2: New hair galore—Lego Movie, Ninja Turtles, The Hobbit, Disney Princess, and more!

EDIT 3: Headgear too—Hero Factory, Star Wars, Ninjago, Super Heroes, Chima, Lego Movie, Hobbit, maybe others I missed.

EDIT 4: HF Minifig parts! Lego Movie beards and moustaches!

EDIT 5: Accessories—Princess, Lego Movie, Chima, City, and probably more!

EDIT 6: Firing blasters and old magnets!

EDIT 7: Mixels teeth, Unikitty tail, new plants, and Metalbeard's metal beard!

EDIT 8: Loads of new Technic! EV3!

EDIT 9: Juniors parts!

EDIT 10: For Gnac: No new wheels other than the Princess ones to my knowledge, but the Vespa, HF cylinders, and EV3 rubber tread attachments are all in the wheels category.

EDIT 11: Round tiles with holes! Bowls!

EDIT 12: Corner tiles! Cross plates! Juniors bases!

EDIT 13: 2x2x2/3 curved slopes! 4x8x2/3 curved slopes!

EDIT 14: And last but not least, the piece of resistance, 1x4 masonry bricks, and a bunch of large '90s brick bases!

Edited by Lyichir

What's the brickset number?

Also: ARE THERE ANY NEW WHEELS. This is super-important.

What's the brickset number?

Also: ARE THERE ANY NEW WHEELS. This is super-important.

Yes, I have been checking. Part No.15413 - the new realistically treaded technic tire 49.53 * 20/ Fits on the 30 * 20 wheel.

Yes, I have been checking. Part No.15413 - the new realistically treaded technic tire 49.53 * 20/ Fits on the 30 * 20 wheel.

Hot poop! You should post here more often. I occasionally see your cars while browsing the "random" selection on Brickshelf and get inspired to make things, but then I look at my tiny bit bucket and get discouraged. Maybe an onslaught would make me more accustomed to instant noodles so I can afford more parts.

Oh, to stay on-topic: it's 10pm here in Britland, and I don't have an update, wagh.

Okay, one last note on the update. While I'm not sure what sort of new decorations there are and am not about to check every part to find out, I can confirm that all three types of Mixels eyes (1x1 round, 2x2 round, and Bionicle ball joint) are there!

Dumb Q? How do you know you got updated, I don't see anything new on my copy of LDD?

Dumb Q? How do you know you got updated, I don't see anything new on my copy of LDD?

Click on menu: "Help > About", and look below the big blue brick for the "Brick Version: n" part. If "n" is higher than 1264, then I am a bit jealous.

Edited by Gnac

Ok, thanks - its still 1264, and I tried deleting the lb.lif file, and it just downloaded the same one.

The update was about 159MB, so you'll probably notice when it downloads. It's only a new brick version, not new LDD version. The new brick version is 1392.

I got the update. I just kept opening and closing Ldd till the update popped up. I'm glad they finally added the mixels ball joints. I have a lot of ideas to try out that involve them.

Shame there is no "check for updates" option within LDD ive tried several times to open it but dont get any update

OMG THE UPDATE

Perhaps this should be reappropriated into the official thread, since it has been itching for so much from the beginning.

EDIT 10: For Gnac: No new wheels other than the Princess ones to my knowledge, but the Vespa, HF cylinders, and EV3 rubber tread attachments are all in the wheels category.

A bit dissappointing, but still, YOU MAH DAWG. I hope those rubber treads are at least available in a "typical" configuration, since similar things were unuseable in sets such as 4888-1. (They were made "useable" a few updates ago, but no-one updated the sets. BEAT ME IF YOU DARE)

EDIT ZERO: Actually this is pretty excellent, disregard all previous diappointment.

EDIT 1: I have experenced this update in a very much inebriated mode, so forgive all such as typos - aside from the new bits, existing things apear to have been moved around so that they might appear more logical to someone who may not be used to the whole manner of things.

EDIT 2: Most things to do with wheels are now actually in the section in which you may expect to find them: WHEELS. So you can get all yer hubs, specific bearings, rubbery bits, fancy spokes and squidgy bits for trax in that section. This is a pretty good thing that I appreciate, and I daresay, not the limit of what has been improved.

Edited by Gnac

For reference, it's actually the same version of LDD, but a new brick version (1392). I shared this on Facebook and have had to explain why it wasn't working for some people, which was already frustrating because I don't know, and it wasn't helped by my little brother spamming stuff from an old, hacked LDD version that he had glitched out, confusing everyone further. All I can say is I hope the rest of you get it by tomorrow!

Does anyone know if this decoration was added?

http://www.bricklink...?P=973pb1442c01

I don't think so. There aren't a lot of new torso decorations from what I can tell, apart from indexing the CMF decorations to the part so they can be selected in the program. Unless there are new unindexed decorations, but I have no way of knowing that.

I wouldn't hold out for a single-set licensed torso anyway, given the history of new decorations in past updates. I think they try to stick to more universally-applicable designs, and we've only gotten a few licensed decorations at all.

Not working for me, either. I even uninstalled it, and did a fresh download. Still brick version 1264.

I don't think so. There aren't a lot of new torso decorations from what I can tell, apart from indexing the CMF decorations to the part so they can be selected in the program. Unless there are new unindexed decorations, but I have no way of knowing that.

I wouldn't hold out for a single-set licensed torso anyway, given the history of new decorations in past updates. I think they try to stick to more universally-applicable designs, and we've only gotten a few licensed decorations at all.

Could you take pictures of some new pieces?

-Sci

Could you take pictures of some new pieces?

-Sci

Patience: Superkalle will be on it once he's woke up and had a nutritious breakfast. I am not even supposed to be awake right now!

EDIT: And maybe Aanchir / Nachapon. can't forget.

Edited by Gnac

Now I woke up :classic:

OK, based on the list of new bricks that I get from the LDD Team with every release, it seems we've got 162 new bricks this time. A few of them nice oldies that were on our "old bricks most wanted" list (I'll update the "Most wanted" topic after this). LXF and screenshot attached to this post.

One oddity spotted immediately: The 2412 1x2 radiator grill (located in the Plates group) now exists in a new DesingID: 15561 (located in the 1x1 plate with clip on side group). However, if you use the 15561 in a model, save, and then re-open, it gets swapped back to 2412.

The following "oldies" I could see:

1392.lxf

1392.zip

So I got my update today for LDD, still no minidolls for friends i noticed. I find that a bit odd. anyone else? :sceptic:

It's updating now! I'm so excited!

EDIT: That's really weird. It updated, no new bricks. I close it again, reopen, and there's no update. What..?

EDIT 2: Closed again, it's updating again. EDIT - and still didn't give me the installation wizard..

EDIT 3: 159.53/159.53MB, 3993/3993 and it just stops responding, then it responds and just opens it normally. I swear this happened last update, too.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S