Sign in to follow this  
The Cobra

Dual review: 7267 vs. 4936

On a scale 1 to 5  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the 7267: Paramedic?

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you rate the 4936: Doc & Patient?

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  3. 3. So, what do you like the most?

• 7267: Paramedic
    • 4936: Doc & Patient
    • Either / don't know / don't tell / don't ask me

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Doctor doctor, please - Oh, the mess I'm in... (U.F.O. - Doctor doctor)

Set data:

7267: Paramedic / Promotional set

Year: 2005

Theme: City

Subtheme: Emergency / Hospital

Pieces: 13 (plus 2 extra pieces)

Price: N/A (free promo set)

Building time: less than 5 minutes

MISB on review: Yes

More info: Brickset - Peeron - Bricklink

Note: "Promotional release with Dr. Oetker's puddings in Czech Republic and also available with kids' meals at LEGOLand Windsor." (source: Brickset)

4936: Doc & Patient / Medic and patient

Year: 2007

Theme: City

Subtheme: Emergency / Hospital

Pieces: 18 (plus 2 extra pieces)

Price: 3 US$ * / ?? Euros / ?? UKP (* once available on S@H)

Building time: less than 5 minutes

MISB on review: Yes

More info: Brickset - Peeron - Bricklink

Official description: Doctor, doctor! Help the sick patient get well with the LEGO City doctor. Includes 2 minifigures and exam table!

Polybags front: while Doc & patient is only suitable for 5 to 12 years old, Paramedic is for ages 5 to infinity.

7267-01.jpg

Polybags rear: Different layout, same content.

7267-02.jpg

Polybags content: Paramedic comes with his head on his torso, Doc and patient need some more building.

7267-03.jpg

Paramedic instructions? Not really, just a double sided promo poster (click pics to enlarge)

7267-04b.jpg 7267-05b.jpg

Doc & patient instructions: with emergency and airport overview on the rear. (click promo poster to enlarge)

7267-06.jpg7267-07b.jpg

Minifigs: Paramedic wears gloves (dark grey, like some contructions minifigs'), female doc works bare-handed, patient has a sick face.

7267-08.jpg

Complete sets and leftovers: Don't tell me you expected in-build pics!

7267-09.jpg

7267-10.jpg

Review:

Paramedic was a promo only, Doc and patient was a US S@H exclusive (and maybe a promo too? It's hard to keep up with these details). That explains why the former is so rare and the latter is still around.

7267 is a basic set with a minifig and some tools; the good ol' stretcher that has been around since 1989 (my first and only ambulance set so far) is highlighted with a printed 2x2 tile, which only appeared in an Arctic set before. The oxygen dispenser (or whatever it is) looks a lot like a fire extinguisher in different colors, with the addition of another printed tile, which helps making it look more like a medical thing (I know, real fire extinguishers have something like that too). Briefcase is empty, some might want to put the extra pieces in there and use them to build another medical tool. Face piece is quite common (while rare in flesh color), torso is not so common, totalling 5 sets (including a minifig collection, a Studio set where the MFC crazy doctor was taken from, a Spongebob set and the outstanding Coast watch HQ).

4936 is a really cheap set, with two minifigs, and one of the two is female. That would nearly be enough to rate this set outstanding, but let's look deeper. Nurse (sorry, I have to admit I always thought of her as a nurse before reading the official set name) has really ordinary hair and a quite common face (common amongs the not so common female figs). Torso appears in 5 sets only. Patient has a hair piece that I only liked in the Alpha Team sets (and has been abused in horrific colors in recent Agents sets), and a face that is so ugly that 11 ever is way too much. His blue plaid shirt is far from rare.

Set also includes a bed with a tile as pillow and a panel as a footer(?), with a cup and a stand with intravenous drip (or whatever your imagination tells you that trans green round brick is).

Both these sets could have been good sellers and fall in the "Why, TLC, why?" category because of their rarity. While we wait for a decent hospital (last one looked horrific to me, but you might want to read this article by TheBrickster to find out more), why not grab at least one of these to treat your Lego town patients?

Rating:

Color scheme:

7267: 4/5. I'm not totally enthusiast of the man's black legs.

4936: 5/5. A lot of colors for such a few pieces, but well used.

Minifigs and accessories:

7267: 5/5. Full hands, and a strecher too!

4936: 5/5. A cheap set with two minifigs, and one of the two is a female! Did you read it? A female!

Pieces:

7267: 4,5/5. A small set that comes a piece short. The "thing that looks like an odd-colored fire extinguisher with a dial patterned tile"is too heavy to stand up on its own, so another plate with horizontal clip would have made it perfect. But a nearly exclusive printed piece is a plus.

4936: 4/5. Nothing unusual or uncommon, but this set is a must-own for the minifigs alone.

Playability:

7267: 4/5. Set lacks a patient.

4936: 5/5. Set has it all!

Design:

7267: 4/5. A good support set.

4936: 4,5/5. Great as a stand alone, excellent as support.

Overall rating:

7267: 4/5. Hardly available + the wrong trousers (Wallace and Gromit anyone?) + one piece short = Not oustanding

4936: 5/5. Hardly available + awful male hairpiece and male face = Who cares! I love it!

The final words: They are still available on the net (4936 is more popular than 7267). Are you going to miss them?

Edited by Rick
Indexed

As far as I know these never reached Australia, so if I want them - I must MOC them.

Anyway, 7267 is good, but of course missing a patient. I think the idea was an add on for the fire/police or even racers theme (like attending the scene of a crash) where minifigs are already supplied.

The 4936 is good just the same, but I feel missing a patient monitor screen attached to the IV pole for their heart rate or BP.

That would not be hard to add though to do with a printed computer screen 2x2 tile, modified 2x2 plate with holes and a pair of half Technic pins. Think I might just MOC my hospital bed design, the wheels are turning inside my head as I type.

Thanks 'The Cobra' for the review. :thumbup:

Awesome "reviews" :thumbup: The doctor set is better than the paramedic, because of the figs, but they are both good for promos :thumbup:

Thanks The Cobra for doing both of these reviews together in this detailed comparison. :thumbup:

For myself, I do own both of them but I do prefer the 4936 over the 7267 mainly because there is female doctor and an extra minifig for me to use, unlike the 7267 which merely provides a paramedic and a strencher. I can understand that hospital facilities will need to have more stretchers at the bay, but paying almost equal amount for both polybags in my case, doesn't make logical sense to underdeem the 4936. Well, at least the 7267 provides a very nice printed medical symbol inside. Other than that, the 4936 is the one for me.

This dual review has been featured in Classic-Town.net.