Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia - Confirmation and Discussion

25326637855_c577fb671f_z.jpg

Please confirm your participation and receipt of a Role PM here. IF YOU SIGNED UP TO PLAY AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED A ROLE PM PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY!

Beyond that, this thread can be used as a general discussion thread, whether you are playing in the game or not. (For example, complimenting me on my wonderful characters and pictures you may see in the Day threads :blush:) If you're dead, discuss the game mechanics on the deadboard, not here. That ruins the game for everyone else. :hmpf_bad:

Host (1)

24952547249_8224c045d8_t.jpg

Nick Fury, played by mediumsnowman

The director of SHIELD, Fury is a no-nonsense leader toughened by bouts of intense conflict with the Red Skull and the villainous forces of HYDRA. Beware. He can and will mod-kill you.

NPC’s (2)

25321594575_7301903a8c_t.jpg

Phil Coulson, NPC

Despite dying during the events of the first Avengers movie, Phil is still here. Nobody’s complaining though- what would Director Fury do without his right hand man?

24689608104_bc4e2d911f_t.jpg

Maria Hill, NPC

A tough and independent woman, Maria Hill has not died yet. Her levelheaded-ness and logical thinking have carried her and the crew of the Helicarrier through many difficult times.

Players (16)

24952550799_1b3d7a175d_t.jpg

Daniel Bartell, played by mostlytechnic

Daniel is a top-ranking executive, visiting the Helicarrier with his coworkers Margaret and William for a top-secret meeting with Director Fury. He’s very proud of his intense mustache. Don’t say anything about his mustache, as Daniel is known to have a fiery temper.

25025971180_f69be60cb8_t.jpg

James Cunningham, played by Bob

James is the leader of SHIELD’s elite tactical squadron. He’s rather laid-back, but he’s the best of the best out in the field and has led several successful missions. Some have speculated he may secretly be a werewolf, as he refuses to run missions in the full moon, but nobody has been able to prove it.

25228473801_2fd040a784_t.jpg

Eugene Lawson, played by Forresto

Eugene is a technician and whiz with computers. If something is broken, Director Fury can rely on him to fix it. Eugene is fairly quiet, but when he does open his mouth, people listen. The secret to his success- yellow work gloves and a seemingly magical screwdriver given to him by a certain Dr. Wynn, whom he met long ago on a mountain far, far away.

24694819693_f703700082_t.jpg

Jafar Masrani, played by JackJonespaw

Jafar is the ships cook. He can make anything, anytime, for anyone – the very definition of a short order chef. He is secretly jealous of his wildly successful cousin, who used to own an amusement park. It could have been him with the riches, but instead, he’s stuck flipping patties for a top-secret government organization.

25293984906_5f975ec817_t.jpg

Hailey Coleman, played by Comrade Commander

Hailey is a research scientist for SHIELD’s R&D department. She worked closely with Dr. Banner before he… well, you know. People keep telling her to tie her hair back (apparently it’s some sort of fire hazard in the lab) but in her own words, “I’m a strong independent woman who ain’t gonna listen to the haters.” Nobody argued, probably because she was holding a flask of potentially dangerous chemicals at the time.

24689613054_f2fef4905c_t.jpg

Todd Castillo, played by Tariq j

Todd used to be a run-of-the-mill guard at a SHIELD warehouse, until he saw something he shouldn’t have and Fury was forced to either silence him or keep him closer. Being the kind and generous soul that Fury is, Castillo got a job on the Helicarrier. He’s a bit of an alcoholic, and is rumored to be descended from the legendary Upswich clan.

25228471161_a449d11d4c_t.jpg

Jasper Heinz, played by PirateDave84

Jasper is another technician, and close friends with Eugene. While Eugene specializes in the electronic side of things, Jasper can fix just about anything else, from jet planes to the economy, with the help of his trusty wrench and glorious beard.

25295554446_67089a1260_t.jpg

Cecilia Reed, played by Darkdragon

Cecilia is a flight technician and part-time pilot. Though normally a focused and hard-working individual who lets nothing come between her and success, she has recently developed a bit of a crush on Jeffrey, another flight technician and wannabe pilot. She’s also an avid X-Men fan, even though they don’t technically exist in this universe.

24693459473_a7b0eda908_t.jpg

Jeffrey Brown, played by Dragonfire

Jeffrey is a flight technician who aspires to soar through the air in a fighter jet. He’s a spunky and energetic young individual, who’s sense of humor has helped him through many hard times on his career path. He’s also completely oblivious to his co-worker Cecilia’s feelings for him.

25320218295_52a5bae8a1_t.jpg

Walter Williams, played by jluck

Walter is another executive visiting the Helicarrier for an inspection and meeting with Director Fury. He is by far the oldest on the board, and has an obnoxious tendency to refer to everyone else as “youngsters.” He tends to start every other sentence with “Back in my day…”

24689610104_2808dd1a95_t.jpg

Robert Thorn, played by Umbra-Manis

Robert is a middle-aged man full of ambition. He has played second-fiddle to James all his life, and is poised to take over the leadership position when he eventually retires. Despite his harsh exterior, Robert is actually a pretty nice guy at heart. He donates to and volunteers at several charity organizations, in honor of the wife and son he lost when the Chitauri attacked New York.

25025980300_9a88dc114f_t.jpg

David Leffel, played by fhomess

Leffel is a member of SHIELD’s extraction team. His sole job is to get other agents out of sticky spots. No one is sure if they’ve ever actually heard him speak. He’s gained a reputation as a “passive participator” or more accurately an “active non-participator.” No one is quite sure what to make of him; he’s a bit of an enigma.

24690961074_9c026db157_t.jpg

Steven Schram, played by Khscarymovie4

Steven spends all day in the Helicarrier workout room, which has led to the well-defined muscles on his plastic torso. Either that or the host stole his torso from a more comic-book figure. No one is quite sure. He is quite fond of scary movies, particularly Scary Movie.

24694820423_f875b43e7c_t.jpg

Alyssa Turner, played by CallMePie

Alyssa works in the Helicarrier medbay and has saved the lives of countless agents. Optimistic and cheerful, Alyssa is always smiling. It’s almost like her face is printed that way. She’s constantly bugging Jafar to make her the one food he can’t master- the taco.

24694824003_b184ceedc4_t.jpg

Kinjobby O’Laughlin, played by Junior Shark

Kinjobby might be the most dedicated pizza delivery man this universe has ever seen. Somebody ordered a pizza from his business in Scotland, and he chartered a private jet to get to New York and the Helicarrier, which was the address given. Yes, the Helicarrier has an address. Kinjobby is an oddball, but he has pizza, so nobody is too off-put by his presence.

25025975350_58497085eb_t.jpg

Margaret Corrigan, played by Lady K

The last of the executives on a trip to Fury’s mobile base, Margaret is stern and uptight. She gets along well with Walter, as they both tend to lean towards the old fashioned way of doing things. When you put Margaret on the job, things get done. No exceptions.

The Rules!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either SHIELD or HYDRA. To win the game, SHIELD must kill off all the HYDRA agents, while HYDRA needs to outnumber SHIELD. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must place a vote each day.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts, unless you are me. Your beloved host often makes typos and will be compelled to correct them.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. There probably aren't clues in the pictures or flavor text. Wildly speculate if you must. It's fun.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first and second offense, and the death of your character on your third offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Let the games begin! :sweet:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Eugene Lawson ready to kick butt...technically fix things but still, ready to also potentially kick butt!

Namaste. I am Jafar Masrani! Very very, I am excited to be providing for all of you. If you have anyting that you will be needing from me, food or not, do not hesitate to ask.

Walter Williams is present, ready to show you young'ns how this is done!

Excellent! Glad to see people reporting for duty. For those of you who don't know me I am Margaret Corrigan, you may refer to me as Chief Executive Corrigan.

Jafar, please get everyone coffee and a healthy snack. I will take a double expresso with a shot of high quality rum, topped with cinnamon and the finest chocolate shavings on this planet. Thank you, that will be all for now.

Jafar, please get everyone coffee and a healthy snack. I will take a double expresso with a shot of high quality rum, topped with cinnamon and the finest chocolate shavings on this planet. Thank you, that will be all for now.

Eyhh...Mr. Director, he says no alcohol on board, ma'am. I can do the expresso with the other ingredients, if you'd like. What would everyone else be liking?

Awoooo! Uh, I mean, Hi!

James Cunningham here!

Eyhh...Mr. Director, he says no alcohol on board, ma'am. I can do the expresso with the other ingredients, if you'd like. What would everyone else be liking?

Ah, well, I'm sure we have some high quality rum around here.....for medicinal purposes of course.

Just add cayenne pepper then, a dash, please.

The 'stache is here.

Edited by mediumsnowman, Today, 01:29 AM.

Glad to see the boss is already taking advantage of being able to write his own rules and making a loophole in rule 8 for himself. :devil:

Glad to see the boss is already taking advantage of being able to write his own rules and making a loophole in rule 8 for himself. :devil:

Of course! You can do those types of things when you're the host. Hey, I just found another typo, and edited it again. :devil_laugh:

Just waiting on confirmation from Comrade Commander, CMP, fhomess, and Junior Shark. Thanks for turning out quickly everybody! The game is nearly ready to begin. :moar:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Tacos for me. I know you're just holding out on me. :sweet:

Alyssa Turner here.

Did some laddies order pizza? Kinjobby O'Laughlin here, with several of ma SHIELD specials for consumption by yours truly!

Tonecht? 'at will impede oan mah doogh rollin' time. It is crucial 'at pizza receife foo body embraces while in its doogh f'rm, ye one-eyed laddie. Ye think it's a coincidence 'at mah pizza is warld famous? It takes time tae gie tae know th' pizza. Ah hae tae introduce th' basil tae th' anchovies, an' th' tomatoes tae th' polyethylene. 'en they aw gie tae know each other in in' rice cooker. Thaur will be guid eatin' tonecht, ye McClaggin laddies!