Sign in to follow this  
Navy Trooper Fenson

Buying parts from the Customer service

That buying parts through the customer service is now finally possible is a great change LEGO made, but I still have some rather huge problems with the system:

1. Why aren´t all the parts in the lists? For example, the haunted house has every part for the figs except the butlers´ head. Why is that one missing? It´s not like it´s simply not available at the moment in that case they write "not available" directly below the pic. The part is simply missing as if it weren´t in there. Does that mean LEGO can´t even import their own parts lists into their system without missing slots?

2. If you aren´t allowed to sell licensed parts, why do you have them in the lists for buyable parts? When I searched the Batmobile set they gave me a list that had Batmans cape, the heads of Two-faces goons and all parts of Two-Face except his hair because it wasn´t in stock. I ordered some of them with Monster Fighter parts and got an E-Mail a day later that said I couldn´t get the Batman parts because they are licensed. You would think if they know they aren´t allowed to sell them they simply wouldn´t be in the lists like other licensed parts like for example Batmans mask and torso.

3. Why do I have to PHONE the customer service to get the stuff shipped? I searched parts on the internet, put them in the basket on the internet and got an E-Mail that I have to call the service to give the order on the internet. I guess it´s because some of the parts were taken out of my order because of problem Nr.2 but why can´t they just direct me to a new page with a new basket with the pieces I can actually buy, let me click on "confirm" and all is good? Who uses the telephone to order stuff in this day and age anyway? I know some people do it but you have a choice in that matter normally.

I'm guessing that this is still more or less geared towards replacement parts. The fact that it is easier to buy specific parts from then pick a brick is probably an unintended consequence, and that's where you are seeing fractions. Customer service is not intending to be your bulk brick ordering point.

As far as the butlers head. That makes sense. Lego CS has always had issues with the Chinese made soft minifig parts that come in their individual bags. CS does not have those in their warehouse.

This is an option now? Where?

https://service.lego.com/de-de/replacementparts/#BasicInfo

I'm guessing that this is still more or less geared towards replacement parts. The fact that it is easier to buy specific parts from then pick a brick is probably an unintended consequence, and that's where you are seeing fractions. Customer service is not intending to be your bulk brick ordering point.

Well, the icon is a shopping cart with a big rectangular shape in it. It could be clarified by LEGO if it is true.

As far as the butlers head. That makes sense. Lego CS has always had issues with the Chinese made soft minifig parts that come in their individual bags. CS does not have those in their warehouse.

I meant the regular head not the elongated piece.

I believe the intent is probably to only provide a handful of replacement parts to a set you already own.

Lego should really clarify exactly what this can and can't be used for though. I've seen confusion and arguements about it on 3 different Lego fan forums.

If you have to call it's pretty obvious what it's intended for IMO. Otherwise they'd have it fully functional in something like pick a brick.

I've contacted them before and they only can handle a limited number of pieces they told me. So I think it is designed to help replace lost/broken pieces in existing sets that you own so you can continue to enjoy them/build them as intended. They may replace existing bricks, but no specifically licensed figures/pieces.

And they do try to direct you to pick a brick, because that is where TLG is set up to sell actual pieces to the public.

So I agree, it is intended for a specific purpose. Hopefully too many people don't bug them about it wanting it the other way because I'd hate to lose out on such good customer service options.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I have used this service as an alternative to find in-production parts not available through pick-a-brick and/or at a lower cost than bricklink. Customer service will place a limit on quantities as they are directed; the limit is normally 200 bricks per lot, but that was lowered to 50 during the holiday season.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

The link shown is simply to acquire those parts that may be missing or broken from a set & are limited to the amount of pieces that are actually in the set. The items are sent free of charge, but I'm sure if you asked for a lot of parts they would question the order.

Are you saying there is a way that getting in contact by telephone, the customer service team will in fact supply non Pick-a-Brick parts at a charge?

They list the rare shields from Tower Bridge, Town Hall and Kingdoms Joust as available parts. My interest is what kind of pricing and shipping rates.

Are you saying there is a way that getting in contact by telephone, the customer service team will in fact supply non Pick-a-Brick parts at a charge?

Yes. Submit the web form, and get a receipt. A few days later, customer service will email you whether the queried parts are available. Then, call them by phone to place the order.

Yes. Submit the web form, and get a receipt. A few days later, customer service will email you whether the queried parts are available. Then, call them by phone to place the order.

Nevermind, answered my own question..

Edited by Notorious Guf

They list the rare shields from Tower Bridge, Town Hall and Kingdoms Joust as available parts. My interest is what kind of pricing and shipping rates.

Probably non existent. By all accounts those are CS's replacement parts stock in order to make good on damaged or defective parts to the purchasers of those sets. They will not wish to be depleting those on the open market or allowing parts poaching to buy from them in order to flip hem on the aftermarket. If you are polite they will probably be willing to sell or send out a small number of them for a special project (probably low single digits), but there is no way any CS manager with any brains would permit bulk orders out of his replacement stock.

Probably non existent. By all accounts those are CS's replacement parts stock in order to make good on damaged or defective parts to the purchasers of those sets. They will not wish to be depleting those on the open market or allowing parts poaching to buy from them in order to flip hem on the aftermarket. If you are polite they will probably be willing to sell or send out a small number of them for a special project (probably low single digits), but there is no way any CS manager with any brains would permit bulk orders out of his replacement stock.

I am talking about the page two selection of "To buy a piece", which looks to be direct purchase of specific parts. I am a builder, not a reseller, but I can see where TLG could be taken advantage of without a stop-gap measure. I am just wondering how much I should budget for the types of pieces I need. I like to pre-plan, and have my money ready before ordering.

I am talking about the page two selection of "To buy a piece", which looks to be direct purchase of specific parts. I am a builder, not a reseller, but I can see where TLG could be taken advantage of without a stop-gap measure. I am just wondering how much I should budget for the types of pieces I need. I like to pre-plan, and have my money ready before ordering.

The prices are roughly similar to pick-a-brick. Filling out the form is not an obligation to purchase. They'll send you a quote. That said, it's better to try for yourself than listen to speculation on a message board.