Sign in to follow this  
Lankygit

Howdy

Hello!

I am a 35 years young AFOL from the UK. Like many others, I grew up with the plastic bricks through the 80's and 90's. I now have four young children of my own, who have have quite frankly, acquired an obscence amount of Lego over the last 5 years. I have always enjoyed 'playing Lego with the kids', which must have been noticed as I was given the Modular Pet Shop set for Christmas by 'Santa'.

Having always admired the Modular MOC's and sets I am totally in love with the Pet Shop and the concept. Next I discovered the other 9 official sets and decided I MUST have them, well as many as I can lay my hands on, seeing as the older ones are rather pricey! Fortunatly I have a large collection of Model Railway stock I had been buying over many years, in the hope of building some huge model railway in the garage. Sadly it never happened - its always cold out there! So I have spent the last few days flogging it on Fleabay. Those Model Railway guys have money to burn as I have made enough already to buy up five other sets, with another on hold for my impending birthday in a few weeks. I am one happy chappy. Once i have built these I plan to invest in lots of those lovely coloured bricks and parts and start designing and building my own.

Looking forward to being part of your community.

Cheers

Good to have You with us :thumbup:

You'll surely find a lot of interesting stuff, discussions and help :blush:

Enjou!

"an obscence amount of Lego" no no, that can never be.

It is never enough. You might have the wrong bricks but some are always missing.

What I meant to say was: Welcome to Eurobricks!

Welcome aboard. Model railroading can more more expensive than LEGO if you get into hand made brass locomotives. What scale did you model?

Thanks for the welcomes :)

dr_spock I was modelling 00 Gauge, that's HO over your side of the pond :)