Sign in to follow this  
legoman19892

Do you project people in your life into LEGO minfigures?

Example,

Maybe you were bullied by Bubs in grade school and when you build you make a janitor minifigure and you think to yourself, "Look at you now Bubs you are a janitor A NOBODY!"

I never been so bored or desperate to project people in minifigures never as kid and not even as adult.

But If you ask me if I project real cars or trains to lego moc or official models I say yes for all instances .

I would say that, with some imagination, it is possible to spot some people on my small layout who are projected from the real world. For example a guy with an unfriendly/unhappy face who wants to buy a ticket on a ticket machine but doesn't know how to use it or a railway employee who rather eats an apple than works :grin: I also have a crowded bus as in the rush hour every morning an a waiting passenger who drinks something (it is not allowed to eat or drink in the buses in my town).

I made minifigs of my son and daughter so they would have something personalized for their builds. My son used the police officer minifig from series 11 (I think) as a base for my late father, a retired police officer. The black hairpiece has a part on the left like my dad's and the head has a smirk on it like my dad usually wore in his pics. It's pretty cute.

I've never done anything like that, but I am using CMFs to make people I know in a more positive way (like Colossus). I'm a computer programmer, so the programmer from the CMF series was great - I changed faces and hair to match coworkers and gave them as gifts. I even built a replica of my own desk, complete with computer and everything, and had me sitting at it... on display on my real desk. Then I switched to a different department and gave the desk away (they all looked the same anyway). I also female-ized the Karate guy for one of my son's martial arts teachers (again, using the closest hair possible).

People really seem to love getting a "mini me."

I made copies of the minifigs of the contestants in the Pirates forum's Tournament of Retribution. I did terrible things to the ones who were on the side of the Bluecoats. :laugh:

I have considered doing this in a few scenes. Making them family themed. I just didn't know where to start with it all. haha

I like to make fellow LUG members into figs and place them in humourous vignettes when we do displays. I also add myself and family members just for fun.

I don't think I'd want a minifig that reminded me of somebody I truly hated from real life. That would creep me out. I have helped a friend make a custom minifig of her brother, and I'm working on custom versions of minifigs from fiction; but those are all people I like. (Even the fictional villains are characters that I like some aspect of.)

Woah woah woah, janitors are awesome, some of the coolest people I know are janitors!

Sometimes I may add a fig that reminds me of someone I know in real life to my moc, but it never stretches beyond 1 to 2 people. Though it's fun to sometimes say to them "You know you're in my moc right?" ;P