Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O-F04] This Revolution Will Be Televised

"...and the Revolution will be brought to you by Octan and with brief Commercial Interruptions."

The Invasive Species: Part 7. Finale.
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Interlude

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (Finale)

Tags: Military Land Vehicle, Civil Structures

28142894131_6468eef427_z.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Gongen Empire's capital.

29271773876_34dfa23598_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"They are at the gates, my Queen. Duchess Qui Zil 'Ing gave them the keys. It is over, and they have won... But you must live on. The hope of our people rests in you. Take the concubine's tunnels below the castle. Escape to the East River Tribe. They will harbour you."

"But what of you, Bishop. Will you not go with me?"

"I cannot. I must stay behind and misdirect them if I can. Vile though they may be, I don't think they'll hurt an old woman like myself too badly. Flee, my Queen."

In the Streets....

29039728310_0445592dca_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Broadcast in Oni-Ren Language: "Citizens. Rejoice. We come not as conquerors, but as liberators. The Queen has the cure to the Black-eye and she wants to watch us suffer. Join the resistance! Let us put an end to her tyranny!.... Citizens. Rejoice!...."

29248437931_34e1133d7c_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

29251143371_51138f3dd9_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

later, Within the Palace...

29271755756_e815cb1094_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

General: "Lord President, We have captured the bishop. There is no sign of the Queen, but the bishop has been... very talkative."

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "And what has she said?"

General: "She told us everything. The Queen left for the West Lava Canyon Tribe days ago."

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Good. If she's told us everything she knows, then there's no reason to keep her alive. Now, let's get this place in order for when Octan comes. They informed me they'll be here at week's end to ensure a peaceful transition of power."

Later that week....

29219075982_f8d82dbe33_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Long: "We need to inform Ba'al Ba'al to invest in paved roads."

Jebediah: "Maybe we shouldn't have walked."

Meanwhile...

29305651985_e8b6f7e377_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"My Friends, today is a glorious day! We have successfully liberated the Gongen Empire from the oppression of Queen Bowa San! We stand now at the window of opportunity. I look out that window and I see a brighter future for all of us. No longer shall we be restrained in darkness to serve the Queen and her lackeys. Now we walk freely together into the future. Under Queen Bowa San, Onix was made a laughingstock. The Aliens from other planets looked down at us and they chuckled, for they saw a sad backward little people. The Queens refused to let us interact with the aliens, share their secrets. Instead she forced us to suffer illness and famine... War, and bloodshed. But that ends today. Today we have removed our shackles, and we may enter the galaxy at large. Now is our time to step forward together into the glow of not one, but one thousand suns! Together, we will make this planet great again! Once the votes are cast, I will be your new president, Ba'al Ba'al Jinks, and no longer will we be the Gongen empire, no. I am pleased to declare that starting today, we are now the Liberated Democratic Republic of Unified Onix! Together, we shall work together, in the name of peace and progress, and we will earn our brighter future!"

*Crowd cheers*

Later....

28683955994_295d4d9d16_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Youssa remember dat youssa say the Copper youssa need be under dah "Hunting Grounds" right?"

Dr. Long: "That is correct."

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Well, Messa be havin' a present for you. This golden tooth comes from there. See, themsa biggun bigguns with the big moneys, they was hunting for the Steam swamp dragons there. The Steam Swamp dragon is a fiercish predator. Always eating. Theyssa say that the dragon is the smartest of all the animals on our world... but not smarter than wessa Oni-Ren. The way themsa be huntin' the dragon is they get a captive Oni-ren, and dey make the Dragon go huntin' dissun. The Dragon will stop at nothing to capture itssa prey. There is a legend. This legend say that the reason the dragon hunt us Oni-Ren so hard is that theysa be jealous of our smarts... that theyssa thinksin' theyssa can be stealing ourssa smarts from us if theyssa catches us. But youssa and messa... Wessa smart'uns. Wessa know that legends are all fake fake. She's just a predator, and all shessa be wantin' is to consume."

Dr. Long: "How fascinating. What a barbaric practice."

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Thissun' is the last golden toothwe'll be huntin' for. Now on the huntin' Grounds is the Minin' Grounds. "

Dr. Long: "Excellent. That is our prefered method for you to pay off your debt to us for the army and equipment."

29305645145_a10f962a72_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Jebediah: "Dr. Long. I'm getting intell that there's a gathering of protesters in the streets. They are armed. We may need to form a defensive perimeter to ensure the safety of our Octan personnel."

Dr. Long: "Damnit Jinks, I thought you said you had the capital under control."

Ba'al Ba'al Jinks: "Messa do.... wait just a moment."

*discusses with general*

Okeyday! Problem solved! Now is bein' a time of celebration!"

29018368080_4d3d02a5e1_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Peace!"

After the ceremony, and discussing finance, The Octan officials pile out of the Presidential Palace, and begin making their way back through the war torn streets to find an unpleasant surprise.

28706421683_fc79b4cdab_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"So this is what she meant when she said everything was under control. I'm beginning to have my doubts as to whether or not Ba'al Ba'al Jinks is a fit ruler of this planet. We'll have to ensure strict civil rights policy adherence... By the stars..."

29327262245_b074f70de2_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Help... messa."

29327238735_f830619d83_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

29218987762_c64eb84112_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"Hey. It'll come out. I always use Octan's 'Out Damned Spot' brand laundry detergent. It does the trick every time."

Later.....

29017792700_a6d78b7a78_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

"PR called. They said we should have the employees here take some footage. They're going to cobble together some kind of Public Relations video to ease this all over."

"Great."

29271808706_738743bae5_z.jpgThis Revolution Will Be Televised by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

PR Video (and reason why I place the build on Illustria) In spoiler!

28686772233_b83ca18375_z.jpg

29273723946_89f955d5e2_z.jpg

29199448072_db9c515908_z.jpg

29199495432_4183a23d19_z.jpg

29273683146_838659ccfa_z.jpg

29017738800_3927297120_z.jpg

29273908766_a25476f0a6_z.jpg

28687070313_745a03737d_z.jpg

Meanwhile.... In a dark coloured spaceship, orbiting Illustria....

29218955602_47fb9279b3_z.jpg

29218961002_a0cf98fcf6_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

try to ignore any squicky implications, those of you who get it.

There you have it, the exciting conclusion of "The Invasive Species"

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Pictures updated.

29039557540_1e9b5a60bb_z.jpgInto the Light of One Thousand Suns. by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Comments and criticisms are most appreciated. This will likely be my last build for a while, as there's been a loss in the family, and I'm moving off to college. Additional pictures of the "Obstacle Removal drone, type: Kickboxer" or, "ORK" an Octan Heavy Drone, sold to the Oni-Ren Freedom Fighters and utilizing its adaptable camouflage, might pop up later in the week, or at least on my Flickr.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I love the details all throughout the build, especially the bulk of the heavy drone.

Sorry about your loss, good luck to you and your family. AG will (probably) be around when you get back.

Another great story and build. I really like the ORK Hovertank. Great conclusion to the story too.

Sorry for your loss, and I hope college goes good for you.

Great conclusion (just finished reading the whole saga again). I wonder if we'll see more of the Oni-Ren or the queen in the future. :classic:

Again, sorry for your loss. All the strength to you and your family!

I love the details all throughout the build, especially the bulk of the heavy drone.

Sorry about your loss, good luck to you and your family. AG will (probably) be around when you get back.

Thank you. :classic:

It better be! I've still got so many plans. So many stories yet to tell. So many worlds yet to see.

Another great story and build. I really like the ORK Hovertank. Great conclusion to the story too.

Sorry for your loss, and I hope college goes good for you.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Ditto on the college front.

Great conclusion (just finished reading the whole saga again). I wonder if we'll see more of the Oni-Ren or the queen in the future. :classic:

Again, sorry for your loss. All the strength to you and your family!

Thanks! Wow, you reread the whole thing? That's a lot if words! (and probably more than a few typos.)

Part of the reason I made this Arc was so that Kawashita could write the rest, or at least, continue the story. But if Kawa doesn't bite, I wouldn't mind continuing it. My brother, a true lover of Star Wars, actually inspired this arc with his talks of how Phantom Menace should have gone down. That coupled by the fact that We're alien invaders in this galaxy, and I hadn't seen all that many builds that make this dynamic explicit. Consider it done. :wink: It's up to Kawashita (or Octan collabers) to figure out how best to deal with the banana republic of Onix now. :devil: (PM me if you want to colab.)

Thank you all for your sympathy. :sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Great story. Hat's off.

Thanks! :grin: Glad you liked it!

The judges awarded you 5 points.

Thank you! :wub:

Awesome conclusion to the story! I really like that hover tank, it looks very unique and powerful!

Thanks! That was what I was aiming for, so I'm glad you feel I achieved it!

Thanks all for the feedback. I'm glad my first real cohesive story arc since returning went as smoothly as it did.

Curious to see if anyone noticed this.

Remember these guys?

29765114136_3e592a3d29.jpg

Anyone see Waldo here?

29173134894_68fce89a7d.jpg

29174994773_acf499886d.jpg

:look::sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs