Steinkopf

MOC: Hi Rail Unimog

Hello Everyone

Here are some Hi Rail Unimogs that I have built for my Legodtenstein Bundes Bahn, the first vehicle is a standard work truck that is used by track gangs for general maintenance work, the second vehicle is fitted with a cherry picker and is used for work on overhead wiring as well as repairs to signals and lighting, the trucks are inspired by the Mercedes Benz 437 series/ U2150 Unimogs.

6191664815_e6cf47dac6_z.jpg

6192170834_5695dba42c_z.jpg

6191644683_036c4cb6fd_z.jpg

6203375864_5f456e5f17_z.jpg

Here is a version of the OTM Tracker (from RailBricks #6) that I modified. I made it so the Hi-Rails will tuck up inside the frame of the truck (without dragging). This allows for the use of the couplers on the front and rear of the truck.

6703098543_a46c27f14a.jpg

The full EB thread is here.

Nice work, all 3 look they could be sets from LEGO.

I don't agree, those are way better than the LEGO versions ;) although I like the old 9V version rail vehicles.

Excellent work 'Steinkopf' on both models, plans for any others for your railway ? :wink:

Anyway, good job and Brick On 'Steinkopf' ! :classic:

I've been a huge fan of all kinds of hi-rail equipment, rail trucks, rail inspection cars, etc. ever since I got this set back in the day, so it's always a pleasure to see something like that. Besides, it's a Unimog - and we all love Unimogs! :thumbup: