Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eight

redscaremysterybanner.png

It was around one in the morning. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore could be distantly heard. The wind howled, and the bushes rustled. A gunshot and a scream, followed by a crash could be heard, but then the town was silent again. There was a chill in the air. One lone soldier stood guard outside of the General Store.

img_0459.jpg

He was oblivious to the figure approaching from behind him.

img_0460.jpg

With one swift stroke, the figure slit the neck of the soldier. He crumpled instantly, dead. The figure then pushed open the doors to the General Store, and crawled into the tunnels. About fifteen minutes later, alarms and sirens went off all over Alabatha. Gunfire pierced the night. The doors of the townspeople were knocked on, and the townspeople were assembled in the center of Alabatha. All except for one.

img_0461.jpg

Dr. Simon Lloyd was slain, his neck slit.

img_0462.jpg

A man in army fatigues stepped onto the back of an army car. A tank rolled into the center of town. Soldiers surrounded the townspeople. A few wondered if this was truly the end, and X-K2P was beginning. The man began to speak.

"Hello. My name is General Alvin Stanley. I am the National Guard General in charge of blockading Alabatha. About a half hour ago, someone infiltrated and broke into Project Wolf. This person killed two of my soldiers, and stole intelligence from the United States Government. This is treason. You're all being punished. You have two more days to root out the communists, or I will have no choice but to enact X-K2P."

The townspeople shared nervous looks.

"Joining your group is Captain Pete Garrison. He will help you."

img_0463.jpg

"Hello there." he said simply.

A second vehicle pulled up, it carried the Congressman and another person in it. They moved towards the group.

img_0464.jpg

"Hello. This is my assistant Maxwell. He will as well be joining you."

img_0465.jpg

A third figure entered the mix.

"Krista!" an excited Alan Simmons said. "Where have you been?"

"I've been hiding with Brenda the lifeguard, but she disappeared so I came out to look for her." she explained.

As the National Guard troops left the center, Inspector Liebenston took center stage.

"Right. Let's figure out where we'd like to investigate. We have a long day ahead of us."

-------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Arrivals

captted.jpg

Ted Harding (Captain of the Lakota) Played by Capt.JohnPaul

shiphand.jpg

Frankie Daly (Deckhand) Played by Captain Genero

img_0455.jpg

Maxwell Touns (Congressional Aide) Played by Mrlegoninja

img_0456.jpg

Captain Pete Garrison (National Guard Captain) Played by Lord Arjay

img_0457.jpg

Krista Halle (Farmer) Played by Peanuts

Deceased

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

captwife.jpg

Jackie Harding (Ted's Wife) Played by Captain Becker

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

Voted Out

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

Good luck, you'll need it from this point on.

I know some of you are likely worrying about those gun shots last night, but I can clear them up. Last night a murder broke into our house, and fired a shot either myself or Dolores. It missed us both, and smashed a nearby lamp. I'm not sure if the fact the mysterious figure entered the tunnel relates to the gunshots; they would've used their knife against me/Dolores, instead of their gun.

Secondly, I'd like to welcome the three newcomers, and say how sorry I am to see Dr. Lloyd taken from us.

Any news on the loyalties of the Doctor, the Chief, Mrs. Jenkins or Mrs. Harding?

Any one have any preference as to where to search today? No that you've all searched my home, I have no where I'd prefer to go.

Good morning.

As you have been told, my name is Pete Garrison. I have been instructed by my superiors to aid you in finding these communists, due to how badly you've been doing up to this point. I'm informed of what has happened so far, so there's no need to tell me.

Do any of you have any ideas about where you want to head next?

I know some of you are likely worrying about those gun shots last night, but I can clear them up. Last night a murder broke into our house, and fired a shot either myself or Dolores. It missed us both, and smashed a nearby lamp. I'm not sure if the fact the mysterious figure entered the tunnel relates to the gunshots; they would've used their knife against me/Dolores, instead of their gun.

Oh my God, Patrick! Are you and Delores okay? Did you see who the murderer was?

Do not worry, Ralph, me and Dolly are fine. Shaken, but fine. But regrettably no, we did not get a look at our would-be killer.

First Valerie, and then I almost lost one of my dear neighbors? :cry_sad:

Well, I'm glad that you two are fine. I'm sorry this had to happen to you though, you're some of the nicest people I've ever met.

"I've been hiding with Brenda the lifeguard, but she disappeared so I came out to look for her." she explained.

Where were you hiding?

I think we should figure out where this lifeguard has got to. People don't just dissapear. Unless someone has a better idea to propose?

Any news on the loyalties of the Doctor, the Chief, Mrs. Jenkins or Mrs. Harding?

"Not yet. Director Hoffman will be returning later this morning." General Stanley says.

Where were you hiding?

I think we should figure out where this lifeguard has got to. People don't just dissapear. Unless someone has a better idea to propose?

"Inside the beach house of course." Krista explains.

Hm...

Well, I think we have 2 killers. One with the knife, who killed our noble doctor, or at least, I hope he's noble. The other apparently had the gun, and attacked Dolores and Patrick. If anyone else has any news, please, come forward.

Whew, I feel lucky to be alive, that bullet whizzed by my head, and took out the lamp I got at Macys' two summers ago during our trip to New York. It really tied the room together.

I need another glass of wine!

Hm...

Well, I think we have 2 killers. One with the knife, who killed our noble doctor, or at least, I hope he's noble. The other apparently had the gun, and attacked Dolores and Patrick. If anyone else has any news, please, come forward.

I think you are absolutely correct.

Alright people, we have two days to get things wrapped up. Any ideas on where to go next? Were we satisfied with the investigation of teh Jefferson's, or do we need to return and finish up?

I think you are absolutely correct.

Alright people, we have two days to get things wrapped up. Any ideas on where to go next? Were we satisfied with the investigation of teh Jefferson's, or do we need to return and finish up?

I think we should go the the Farmers house.

Oh my, another murder. What has become of this town? I still have no idea who of us could be a Communist. We can't exactly go and search the boat now. I'm at a loss.

I don't know about you but I would like to take another look at the tunnels. Something is down there and I would like to know what it is. Mabey our "friend" droped something down there any ways.

Also, does anyone find it odd that we find a crate with USSR written on it then a national guard truck is blown up by a crate? Just wondering if anyone has any insight.

Finally, was the cheif a commie? Have you heard anything senator?

Oh boy, what kind of blockade is that... :hmpf: The guards can't even protect themselves, let alone protect us.

I'm so glad to see you back Krista, I was afraid something happened to you! :cry_happy: But hmm... have we met before? :look::grin: Maybe you should tell us a bit more about your life here!

I think we should start moving quickly, with two days left before X2KP there's no time to waste. We haven't investigated my house yet, nor the Fire Station and the Hospital. Are there any other buildings we should also cover? The Hospital seems like a place where we could learn a few things, but I'm also eager for you to check out my farm, maybe there's something over there that can help prove my loyalty.

I'm glad that attempts to kill some of us failed, but:

This is treason. You're all being punished. You have two more days to root out the communists, or I will have no choice but to enact X-K2P.

What??!!? :angry: We're all being punished? That sounds a lot like we are being treated as a whole, commy turd. I thought we are innocent until proven guilty! Who are you?

So where should we go?

Well let's get the ball rollin'. We have a lot to do in the next 2 days so here are our options.

-Hotel

-Alabatha Department Store

-Fire Department

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Jefferson Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Parker Residence

-Town Hall/Police Station

-Seaport

I really don't want to go to a personal residence since there is little suspicion against one person so I say either fire department or seaport.

Well let's get the ball rollin'. We have a lot to do in the next 2 days so here are our options.

-Hotel

-Alabatha Department Store

-Fire Department

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Jefferson Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Parker Residence

-Town Hall/Police Station

-Seaport

I really don't want to go to a personal residence since there is little suspicion against one person so I say either fire department or seaport.

I would like to go to the Fire Station, to follow up on the last details of the suspicious death. With the flare up between the chief and I yesterday, the mayor's supposition, and the murder attempt at my house yesterday, I wonder why my family seems to be caught in the middle of this. :oh:

Ok people, we got two days before the Government destroys us, I suggest we start at the fire station.

I did actually, and I need to go talk to someone before I disclose it...

Blasted government. Their terrible guards failed their job and they blame it on us- so predictable.

I say we head to the fire station.

I'm all for the fire station. That seems to be the best place to start, in my opinion.

I did actually, and I need to go talk to someone before I disclose it...

What?! If you saw who tried to shoot your parents, why aren't you telling us straight away? This is madness. :wacko: