Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrain

Arctic display

Last weekend we had a brickshow in Christchurch, one of my displays was the Arctic sets for 2014. The highlight for me of the show was being able to meet the designer of these sets, Henrik. p7130076.jpg

I also displayed the Dino sets, the display is to the right, and the Lone Ranger sets as well as Technic.

Love the gradual snow slopes and the orange/white contrast! What did you glean from speaking with Henrik; perhaps the inspiration for the set designs?

Love the gradual snow slopes and the orange/white contrast! What did you glean from speaking with Henrik; perhaps the inspiration for the set designs?

I love the colours also, another of my favorites was Mars mission, with the same colours.

Not a lot about these sets in particular, he did explain to the AFOL group how the sets progress from ideas to the finished set, which was very interesting. Also new part design and the process of getting them into production was interesting.

We talked a lot about real and model trucks and a bit about skiing. I did ask if he looked at brickshelf or other sites, which he said he doesnt but some of the designers do but it can cause problems as people can accuse them of stealing ideas. Personally I wish they would steal some of mine. I did ask why we havent had train doors in LBG yet, they do check BL prices on rare items and see which they can use.

Nice display and I love the MOC that looks very similar to a V22 Osprey.

Thanks. The plane is the set, the base is the only part of mine.

Why didn't you joined the basecamp with other "tunnels" from the other sets! I think they are made as extensions!

Otherwise, this is a nice display for theese sets!

Edited by Zed_43

That makes me fume a bit we had Bricktopia in Adelaide and got just the Sandcrawler.......the theme of the show was transport.

Anyway, it looks like a great display.....still doesn't change my mind on the sub-theme though.

That makes me fume a bit we had Bricktopia in Adelaide and got just the Sandcrawler.......the theme of the show was transport.

Anyway, it looks like a great display.....still doesn't change my mind on the sub-theme though.

I am not sure what you mean, These are sets I got from S@H, except the small plane polybag set which I got from BL.

Personally I think it is a great theme that could have just as easily been a standalone series.

It wsnt much of a display, just a few spare parts to highlight the sets, but thanks.