sdrnet

MOC: Winter School

The Winter School

We are entering summer but I'm still working to complete all the new Winter Village will be presented in July 2014!

This moc is my third and last building for the new Winter Village 2014. Having done in the past the church and the town hall in the village could not miss school.

14459145024_bc5cdcd767_c.jpg

I had a good number of brick in dark blue that I wanted to use for a building that occupies a certain importance, and so I decided that the building more suited to this color was the school. The result is a simple but elegant and minimalist building, with large windows and white with a dark roof built a system a little bit different but more technical than the other buildings.

The interior is not great unfortunately, but I still managed to get two classrooms (almost identical) are not very large but still essential, and also the room of the Presidency of the school.

In the room of the headmaster is also a light pressure (hidden in the roof) that allows you to better illuminate the desk of the Headmaster.

The building is made with respect to the last two (Farm and Cottage) is perhaps slightly less detailed but its elegance does justice to himself and makes her look good along with all the other buildings around the village square.

Even this building (as for others) will be combined with two Baseplates with many minifigs (especially a series of children with a backpack while out of school) and various accessories such as a bus stop and a yellow bus to transport the children .

The design of the bus I was inspired by this moc (https://www.flickr.c...ppie/8558813647) found on the net. Inspired by this, I redid the bus making it smaller and making some changes to make it a bit more European. The result is a nice bus with 8 seats + driver ... for a small village should be enough! : D

Thank you all for watching and for your comments. :)

Sandro

Other images:

Lateral view

14437158166_80a407b2c6_c.jpg

The rear view

14273669398_0f063586c5_c.jpg

Interior details

14273671898_9e6dff920c_c.jpg

Room of the headmaster

14273673148_a10442f6f1_c.jpg

Roof detail

14273670500_36ce9df9eb_c.jpg

The school-bus

14459141014_a961919ba0_c.jpg

Complete gallery of images:

https://www.flickr.c...57644843600990/

Edited by sdrnet

Really well done!!! I like the colors.. this building would look great in the original Winter Village and also the schoolbus is a great addition!!! Your other moc are great too by the way....!!

The best part of your AWESOME work..........is the school bus......I want to make one !!!

Brick On 'sdrnet' ! :grin:

Nice! The building has a great colour scheme and I like how you've done the roof. I think it achieves the status as a building of importance that you were seeking. The school bus is fantastic too!

Nice! The building has a great colour scheme and I like how you've done the roof. I think it achieves the status as a building of importance that you were seeking. The school bus is fantastic too!

I second this! Seeing your other winter modulars on your Flickr account I'm impressed with your work so far. Keep it up!

WOW! This is great. The attention to detail of the school is fantastic and your bus is superb.

First off, amazing work. I love the idea of a school, even though the whole point of a winter village (in my eyes) is winter break, meaning away from school :tongue: . But this really fits in well. I love the dark blue. The colors contrast well.

I love the classrooms. The desks are really neat.

I personally don't care for the roof. I think the snow should continue like previous versions and have them textured/raised compared to being the same tiles mixed in. It doesn't look as authentic to me. But that is just one man's opinion.

I love the school bus too. I may have to borrow some ideas here. Our next LUG show is going to be a Winter Village themed one, so I may want to build some more buildings for that.

Wow, this is fantastic looking! What a details and nice interior also.

I personaly love winter village, en you should put this on bricklink MOC shop!

And offcourse love the bus!

That bus is fantastic. The navy against the yellow is very striking.

As you said, it's not really the season for that kind of MOC but your school is awesome! Really beautifull and reallistic! Well done!

The flloor of the classrooms is really nice! And also the rest of the interior. Maybe a bit of snow on the schoolbus?

Great job! Interesting thought through the roof. I like it.

Following the advice of some Italian friends, I decided to redo the roof of the school and this is the result.

Now the lines are no longer horizontal but vertical that are more in line with reality.

Even if you can not define perfect, this new version I like much more than that

original. Let me know what you think. Bye!

14411627199_5176884a8d_c.jpg

14594923851_bf849c03fc_c.jpg

Other images:

If the white part of the roof is supposed to be snow, than maybe tiles instead of plates would be better. As for the whole build, its' fantastic! The dark blue works really good, and the details everywhere (the golden spots, the eaves, the windows on the ceiling of the classrooms) all look amazing!

Nice MOC, though the students should be wearing coats. I really like how you made the bus too.

I'm in love with it! Very nice interior! Gives me the inspiration I need to build a school of my own ^_^

Great looking school. I like the colour scheme of Dark blue with the white! I wonder how your roof would look if you had the snow plates horizontal like the original tiles as think the snow is better as plates. Also the bus is a classic!

I like this creation. Perhaps it would be better a wider white baseplate (but not a wider building), I mean that it seemed to me a bit cropped in the left and right sides. But it is a very serious building and a very clever creation. Congratulations.

Edited by Lepralego