Saberscorpsr

[MOC] Sea Serpent's Wake (and my introduction!)

Hi everyone, I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea if I'm doing this right, but here we go!

So I created a MOC for Australia's Premier LEGO Convention, and it kinda blew up a lot more than I expected. My MOC won second place at the convention out of about 500 exhibits, I met Tim Johnson (the Editor for Bricks magazine) and I ended up getting a professional photo shoot and printed in Bricks Issue 12 (The exact same issue Guilds of Historica appears in!)

So in light of recieving the recent issue, I set up a very dodgy and amateur photo shoot area, and decided to make a Flickr, which led my MOC to appear on Brother's Brick and BrickVault, and spanning across various Facebook groups. Someone on Flickr mentioned this site to me, and here I am!

So here I am, linking my Flickr and introducing myself to the Internet! Tips and tricks are very much appreciated!

So here it is, Sea Serpent's Wake, my first large scale MOC, first creature, first water effects and first -real- build I've ever done!

Firstly, Welcome to Eurobricks! It's a great place for AFoLs from around the world to discuss their projects, purchases, and passions! If you want to make another introduction post, there's an entire subforum dedicated to that. But that's also totally optional. I never did when I joined nearly seven years ago.

Wow. That is a stunning MoC! I absolutely love it! The serpent's head is perfectly crafted, and looks massive and menacing! I love the little touches, too, like the netting stuck in its teeth, and the myriad of harpoons stuck in its scaly hide! :grin:

The castle is also spectacular as well! A gorgeous diorama all-round, and certainly befitting its place in the Bricks Magazine!

IF you want help deeplinking the picture, Flickr has a "Share" button (shaped like and arrow on the bottom right corner of the picture) and you can select "BBCode" which will give you a string of code for insertion in forums such as ours. Be sure to select the size as medium or smaller, since the forum has a commonsense limit on Image size. Once you've done that, If copied and pasted directly into your post, it'll look like this.

27449271600_b47cd60b4a_z.jpgSea Serpent's Wake by Timothy Jones, on Flickr

Awesome MoC, and again, Welcome to EB!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Looks like you've made quite a splash! (See what I did there?)

Awesome MOC for sure. Not only is the sea serpent scale and design fantastic, but I really like the details in the custom fig parts combinations and furniture.

Welcome!

That's pretty spectacular! Very impressive build :classic::thumbup:

I hope to see and read more of you here (hint hint) :wink:

Welcome to EB!

As I said on Flickr, very amazing job! Have you considered joining GoH? Your builds would fit right in. :wink:

Edited by BrickCurve

Now that is impressive! Your sea serpent is simply massive (The extra pair of eyes are a nice touch), and the castle is also very well done in every department.

Welcome to the boards!

This is really cool. I love the scale of that sea serpent, it's magnificent. The castle itself is a really nice build, too. Great stone work, water, and minifigures. It all tells such a compelling story in pictures, with plenty of little details throughout.

Great job!

Well that is one $#%& of an introduction. Love the serpent.

Steve