SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

The latest CMF images are up:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99525&st=575

lego-minifiguren-serie13.jpg

Much like the new wizard hat mold from the last series, this new batch has some far-reaching possibilities for new molds in castle and other historic themes.

Perhaps we're finally done with the old kings crown mold (good riddance), and the Egyptian warrior appears to have a new elongated shield mold that would adapt nicely to a new castle theme. What do you think?

Personaly, it makes me hopeful for future castle themes.

Edited by SirBlake

I will definitely be looking for the orc. Awesome figure.

The King (cape in particular), wizard, and Cyclops will be a few adds for me too.

The Egyptian, cowboy and the lady Samurai are also clearly history- maybe even the snake charmer-

8 of 16 figures have fantasy/history ties. Really nice.

They just couldn't help giving that ugly yatagan to a goblin. Ugh.

But otherwise, the series is very interesting and even if we don't get any castle related themes anytime soon, it's nice to see some new medievalesque accesories at least this way.

Well, if they don't give us any History sets, they have give the figs at least. I'm just really tired of all this Chima, Ninjago, Friends etc. stuff they are pushing into the market ...

I can only agree with kabel a new history series or at least a proper Castle series would be great.

The minifigs are interesting too, I really love the Goblin minifig it's a great addition to the LotR Orcs.

Maybe I will buy a few of them and create some kitbash minifigs with them.

The king is also great, I really love the new cape, the beard and the crown.

Edited by Wat Tambor

The new CMF wave is great. I was really surprised seeing so many Historic minifigures. Especially the King and the Goblin are great figs and pretty usefull. The Goblin is definitely a great addition for the (Moria) Orcs although a tan Goblin would be a bit more usefull for combining the torso with one from the Mordor Orcs....

Edited by Balbo

I just can't wait to see how all of these new molds effect the next castle theme.

New kings crown

New wizard hat

New princess hat

New shield

And lest we forget, the new sword first appeared in the highlander CMF.

All of this applied to a new theme with decent heraldry (please no more lions vs. dragons) would be great.

Ooh, some nice minifigs in this wave. I'll for sure be picking up multiples of the goblin, as well as the king, snake charmer, and egyptian warrior. Not sure about the lady cyclops though... Otherwise, lots of great parts and moc-potential in them.

Really a lot of good minifigs here. Love the mage, but he is missing a hat ;) or hairs...

Wow, this is an excellent series. At least 8 figures i like immediately. 4, maybe 5 are usefull for historical of fantasy MOC's. I'd definitely want a few of that goblins.

And though I don't like the head of the lady cyclops, I guess it'd be easily replaced (colour I mean).

Edited by Tuinman

From a historical perspective, for me, the most interesting figure is the builder.

Not so much for the minifigure but what he's holding. What gets used a lot of in Medieval building? CMFs always come with printed parts.

Good point, Cook. I figured if I ever joined GoH, my character would be a boat builder who seeks revenge after his family is killed. A saw would be great for that.

I plan on getting one of each of these, except the space guys and the Lady Cyclops. I will army build the goblins, samurai, and Egyptian warriors though. The king is wonderful though am on the fence with the evil wizard. He is okay I guess.

The king looks great, but I hope his crown mold won't replace the current one (same with the carpenter's hard hat). Including hats and hair in one mold really limits their MOCing potential.

Looking forward to:

The Burger King king (crown is awesome <3)

The Egyptian warrior (maybe I'll BL the pharaoh and "Cleopatra")

Lord Helix (at least according to this: https://fbcdn-sphoto...970bd43ec1538f2 the paleontologist has a fossil)

The samurai armour! Why didn't they give her a helmet? </3 Are women too beautiful to protect themselves?

The goblin/orc is great too.

Unfortunately:

The wizard lacks a hat

The female cyclops isn't that cool...

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

I was lucky enough to find the King and goblin at Target. I put the Kings crown, head and cape on the kingdoms king and he looks fantastic! I think it's fair to expect that the next castle theme will use some of these parts and will be cooler because of it.

So, these are the recent Castle-related CMF. All of them introduced new pieces with the exception of the S12Jester

19683347813_b5f8597b89_b.jpg

Given the rumors around the next Castle theme, I'd say the Goblin and Classic King headpieces are the only ones we could see in the next Castle line

Edited by Robert8

I still count BOTH ghost as a castle also a Spider lady because it's almost like updated WIlla the Witch. I'm really happy with new series!

For piece usage I'm sure we will see Horns and wings in green used for Dragon folk!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I think the king, wizard, and possibly the princess head gear are likely. Although the princess one might go to a minidoll Princess. But don't forget the new shield with the Eqyptian warrior. Hopefully they will put some nice new heraldry on it.

The goblin one was really made for the Juniors Green Goblin. Even if the new Big Bang has goblins, I doubt they will use it.

I think think that the gargoyle us destined for a Midular building though.

Edited by Blakstone

I wonder if the new spectre and basher leg pieces will replace the cute iconic ghost of the old times.

I don't think so because, as you said, that piece is way too iconic.

The queen looks excellent and I am anxiously awaiting for the scary / evil knight. The Kendo and possible winged warrior are also exciting.

The queen looks excellent and I am anxiously awaiting for the scary / evil knight. The Kendo and possible winged warrior are also exciting.

Agreed. These are the most appealing to Castle fans. Little by little we are getting things.

I can't wait for a nice medieval Castle series to use all of these recent pieces. The image above by Robert8 left out the Egyptian. I'd like to see that shield in use as well.