Hi all.

Just over a year ago I got back into building Lego Technic after being away from it for 15 years. It all started off when I brought the Compact Excavator (8047) thinking it would be cool to play around with on my desk, I now own 19 sets!

I’ve just moved house so once I unpack the sets I will post a photo of my collection so far.

Tim

Hi Technic Gearhead.

Hightlights of my collection so far would be 8421 and 8043 sets.

Next on my list is 8109 which i'm saving up for.

Edited by TimH

That sounds familiar. :classic:

Hi, same story happens to me... go for the 8043 the best technic set in my opinion...

Hi Technic Gearhead.

Hightlights of my collection so far would be 8421 and 8043 sets.

Next on my list is 8109 which i'm saving up for.

Very nice! I have around the same amount and among them are those three. I received set 8063 as a gift and that got me back into Lego Technic after many years away. It has been fun so far catching up!

Nice collection you've got going. I'v just recently got back into Lego after a few years off.

This thread got me thinking, who has the biggest collection on here?

Edited by dandexter

Welcome!

Your story sounds familiar. I just got back into LEGO about 2.5 years ago.

It's nice to see another Technic builder on the forum! :thumbup:

Welcome!

Your story sounds familiar. I just got back into LEGO about 2.5 years ago.

It's nice to see another Technic builder on the forum! :thumbup:

Thankyou for the welcome guys.

dhc6twinotter i see your from the USA, I'm in North Carolina. Is there many Technic Builders from the USA on Here?

Tim

Thankyou for the welcome guys.

dhc6twinotter i see your from the USA, I'm in North Carolina. Is there many Technic Builders from the USA on Here?

Tim

Well, awesome! I'm from NC too....I'm down in Fayetteville. I think there are about 7 or 8 Technic builders from the USA on this forum. Check this thread for more info. I don't know of any other Technic builders in NC.

There is a big LEGO show in Raleigh on May 17th-20th. www.brickmagic.org Paul Boratko, another Technic builder from PA, will be attending and has some fantastic MOCs that will be on display.

We also have a North Carolina LUG, NCLUG, that meets once a month at the Cameron Village Library in Raleigh. Next meeting is on Saturday, April 14th.

This thread got me thinking, who has the biggest collection on here?

That would be Blakbird (a.k.a. Eric Albrecht, the "Technic Angel of Retribution" :cry_happy: ) -- he owns EVERY Lego Technic set every released! His Blakbird's Technicopedia website is a great reference.

logo.gif

Yet another Tim on the forums? :wink:

Nice technic story, i haven't gone through the inevitable dark ages yet!

tim

That would be Blakbird (a.k.a. Eric Albrecht, the "Technic Angel of Retribution" :cry_happy: ) -- he owns EVERY Lego Technic set every released! His Blakbird's Technicopedia website is a great reference.

logo.gif

I had a feeling it was him, didn't realize he had every technic set though. Also great website.

Yet another Tim on the forums? :wink:

Nice technic story, i haven't gone through the inevitable dark ages yet!

tim

I've been wondering: What exactly are the dark ages? Times you have like no time to design legos or what? :wacko:

I've been wondering: What exactly are the dark ages? Times you have like no time to design legos or what? :wacko:

From what i have heard, it is usually when the entire colelction is either sold or packed up into moms attick while the young adults grow up. After some time later, possibly when they even have kids, they rediscover the magic of legos and either buy back a collection or rescue it from their moms attic :wink: .

tim

I'm in Fuquay Varina. Thanks Daniel for the dates for the LEGO show, i look forward to attending.

From what i have heard, it is usually when the entire colelction is either sold or packed up into moms attick while the young adults grow up. After some time later, possibly when they even have kids, they rediscover the magic of legos and either buy back a collection or rescue it from their moms attic :wink: .

tim

Ugh. Nope, I'll never do that. :laugh: Right now is all I buy is Lego technic sets, I'm planning all these for sometime soon, that is if I can rack up enough money: 8258 Crane Truck, 8110 Unimog, 8069 Backhoe Loader, 8043 Motorized Excavator, and the 8109 Flatbed Trailer.

We tim's are slowly taking over the forum! :laugh:

Haha... :D Don't worry the other's will definitely take the charge. By the way I am Max and and love Lego's. I recently got the Summer Olympic Special of the Minifigures Series and the boxer is amazing.

Haha... :D Don't worry the other's will definitely take the charge. By the way I am Max and and love Lego's. I recently got the Summer Olympic Special of the Minifigures Series and the boxer is amazing.

Hi Max, Welcome to the community. I have a few minifigures from Star Wars and series 6. :classic: