This is pretty self-explanatory. This thread is like the one where you suggest ideas for new Licensed themes. So... what would you like to see?

Jungle theme with tribes/natives aztec kinda style, plenty of plant/tree pieces maybe some new ones, new weapons like these and figs like these and Spanish conquistadors, bringing back the old helmets, but have the new sword holders from potc.

Sets could be like, River Ambush, City of Gold (just a part of a building but with a handful of gold bricks), Conquistador Raid, Jungle Trek.

You could say this is more historical then action but it could bridge the gap of historical/action/pirates, I don't know how popular this would be. We'd have to look at upcoming movies and see if Lego would jump on the bandwagon of some of them.

Hmm the only one I've found looking at 2013 is the Lone Ranger, TLG could do a Licensed western theme...or unlicensed :tongue:

Not really going to happen, but I would like to see action themes with more than 2 factions... you know, like World of Warcraft where there's the Alliance, the Horde and (IIRC) an undead faction and a demonic faction.

Not counting WoW which would be a licensed theme, I'd like to see something based on elements, such as fire, water, earth, air, ice, lightning... same idea already used in NinjaGo, but each element (not necessarily all of them... pick 3 for a start) developed into a faction with its own creatures and stuff.

Jungle theme with tribes/natives aztec kinda style, plenty of plant/tree pieces maybe some new ones, new weapons like these and figs like these and Spanish conquistadors, bringing back the old helmets, but have the new sword holders from potc.

Sets could be like, River Ambush, City of Gold (just a part of a building but with a handful of gold bricks), Conquistador Raid, Jungle Trek.

You could say this is more historical then action but it could bridge the gap of historical/action/pirates, I don't know how popular this would be. We'd have to look at upcoming movies and see if Lego would jump on the bandwagon of some of them.

Good idea. This could be the basis for a Jake Rains theme.

-A Steampunk theme. Lots of clockwork robot monsters and nifty imaginative vehicles, and a blimp base for the good guys! Lots browns and golds, with a primary color or two for the kids. Minifigs that look like the rocketeer and vehicles that look like the giant spider from Wild Wild West(yeah yeah, I know, not the best example).

-A Retro Robots attack line! Think Iron Giant or Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. World War fighters vs classic robots! We win no matter what.

-Trojan War: Self explanatory, the sets practically make themselves. Could easily be a wave out of the ..

-MYTHOLOGY LINE! Everyone wants it and it's just a matter of time before we get one. I just hope it's not some lame single wave theme like everything else these days. One request- Keep the Gods and Monsters in it! Might seem like a given but with half the movies that come out about these things trying to go "real" it would suck to not have much of what makes them so great.

-A Retro Robots attack line! Think Iron Giant or Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. World War fighters vs classic robots! We win no matter what.

I like this idea. Take Alien Conquest to the next level; less about slimy green aliens and more about big, city destroying space robots. Some of the robot minis from the mystery packs have been really cool, and larger versions with 50's looking building kits like the movie theater from City Plan would be killer.

I like this idea. Take Alien Conquest to the next level; less about slimy green aliens and more about big, city destroying space robots. Some of the robot minis from the mystery packs have been really cool, and larger versions with 50's looking building kits like the movie theater from City Plan would be killer.

Sounds to me like Transformers. :laugh:

Sounds to me like Transformers. :laugh:

Not at all. Sky Captain or Iron Giant or the whole 50's Sci-Fi theme would looking nothing like Transformers. It would actually look cool instead.

Edited by LegoBrickSteve

I would love a futuristic Mech line, in the vein of Exo-Force but with a western style instead of that godawful anime crap. Something along the lines of Mechwarrior would be a dream come true.

It's probably a little too war-like for LEGO, but still, a guy can dream.

How about turn-of-the-century Arctic Exploration? You could have ice cutters, shotguns, snow beasts, huskies, and even a Victorian campsite. Fresh take on the Adventurers. :classic:

Edited by Napoleon53

Those suggestions in the last few posts (steampunk, retro robots, 1900 explorers) would be absolutely fantastic for AFOLs, but I'm highly skeptical they would work as an "action theme", which is always targeted at KFOL. Old sci-fi and exploration don't have almost any appeal to the current generation of kids*, unless there is a movie or TV series around them (like Indiana Jones), in which case they would be licensed themes. Personally I think Pharaoh's Quest was as far as they can go back in time for an action theme, and apparently it's not been a huge success.

*edit: I don't know you guys, but I was a kid in the 80s and even then we all hated those old sci-fi concepts because they felt terribly outdated. Only as an adult I was able to give them some appreciation

Edited by Legoist

Those suggestions in the last few posts (steampunk, retro robots, 1900 explorers) would be absolutely fantastic for AFOLs, but I'm highly skeptical they would work as an "action theme", which is always targeted at KFOL. Old sci-fi and exploration don't have almost any appeal to the current generation of kids*, unless there is a movie or TV series around them (like Indiana Jones), in which case they would be licensed themes. Personally I think Pharaoh's Quest was as far as they can go back in time for an action theme, and apparently it's not been a huge success.

*edit: I don't know you guys, but I was a kid in the 80s and even then we all hated those old sci-fi concepts because they felt terribly outdated. Only as an adult I was able to give them some appreciation

You have a point...but, I think, if the sets were cool enough, even kids wouldn't be able to deny them. Skew a theme in just the right way and make the kits undeniable; even children wouldn't be able to refrain. Us big kids would be happy too.

I don't know a Sponge Bob from a hole in the wall, but was compelled to buy a particular kit (or 2) simply because I couldn't resist how cool the pieces/parts were. Needed them.

I know this year Lego's going to be knee-deep in DC and Marvel sets, but I'd like to someday see an original Lego Superhero theme - something similar to the Agents sets, but with unique superheroes and villains. I thought the villain characters in the Agents theme were so inspired, but the Agents were too uniform.

Same with the recent Space Police line - great villains, hum-drum, uniform heroes.

So a generic Superhero set that allowed for some equally unique heroes would be great.

I know this year Lego's going to be knee-deep in DC and Marvel sets, but I'd like to someday see an original Lego Superhero theme - something similar to the Agents sets, but with unique superheroes and villains. I thought the villain characters in the Agents theme were so inspired, but the Agents were too uniform.

Same with the recent Space Police line - great villains, hum-drum, uniform heroes.

So a generic Superhero set that allowed for some equally unique heroes would be great.

Better yet...Build-a-Hero/Villain. Just a bunch of interchangeable minifig pieces and parts that allow for the creation of unique, custom characters. Like the Build-a-Mini stations and Lego Stores, but with way more/better options.

Then just buildings like banks to rob, bridges to collapse, speeding locomotives to stop, etc...

Heroes and Villains...choose a side!

They'd never do it though, because it would conflict with licensed themes. Shame.

Space Mechs! They would have jetpacks, lasers, and stuff. :blush:

I'll post some concepts when I get around to it.

Edited by Perry the Platypus

Steampunk would be awesome, though it would appeal more to teens and adults. I haven't heard of many kids into Steampunk.

A mythology line would always be great. As much as I'd like it to be historically accurate, I doubt LEGO is going to do a theme just for adults. So the second-best place is an adventurer's line. I just worry about what adventurers they'll make. I'd stick just to the original mythology with the heroes already presented there, but I doubt LEGO would.

I would love for the Old West to come back. I didn't get any of those sets since I was in my Dark Ages at the time, but I love the look of those.

I think a spy theme would be cool, but I don't know how popular it would be. Have two made-up sides with the good spies versus the bad spies.

When the current DINO line finishes up, a caveman theme could be a cool way to put the dinosaur pieces back out, if not an entirely scientifically accurate one.

A Caveman Tribal Chief, some caveman warriors with spears and clubs and such, dinosaurs with saddles and gear for harvesting crops and stuff, and some evil prehistoric mutants to terrorize the village. Sort of like an action-adventure version of the Flintstones.

Edited by Hobbestimus

LOVE the caveman idea, mostly because I love the concept of dino warriors in any setting(future or past). I also want to say I really dug the elemental factions idea from earliar in the thread.

I don't know why you guys think retro robots or a steampunk themed line wouldn't be a hit with kids... AFOLs would dig the asthetic, sure, but at the end of the day the sets are still boiling down to GIANT ROBOTS! Of which there are plenty of lego sets like that already. I'd argue that basically any brick built animal of the past several years could be transformed into a steampunk version and have the same appeal with kids, because at it's core it's still a big honking animal monster to fight with and eat minifigs.

Mythology also seems like a no brainer.. just look at practically every other lego theme. Castles, Pirates, Old West, Adventures... it's all of them in one theme, but with the potential for every set to have some kind of big honkin' monster.. and monsters sell! Even classical ones this year ;)

I don't foresee a Steampunk theme, as much as I'd like one. Man, that'd be awesome... :cry_happy:

Mythology fans, look away! :oh:

I know a lot of people would like it, and I've heard it suggested often, but I, personally, don't like Greek mythology that much as a theme. Except for the figs and maybe a ship, I can't see the sets being that awesome, or at least not like mythology MOCs I've seen. PoP didn't do that hot from what I've heard, and my TRU and Walmart still have a few sets, and that was about the only Ancient theme ever made. At any rate, when I was a young kid, mythology never interested me. I liked G.I. Joe, Batman, spies, knights, Rome, giant fighting robots, and WWII, and the bizarre combinations of those I came up with at playtime. :laugh: I've never met a young kid obsessed with the adventures of Telemachos, Ulysses, or Zeus. Most kids simply wouldn't be able to relate to that and don't have a clue about the ancient legends, and might not even be able to pronounce set names. Most ancient era movies tend to be R rated, (300, Clash of the Titans or whatever that was called) so I wouldn't expect a license, either. I also can't see a Roman theme, as that would have to be extremely violent, with actual fig representations of Celts vs. Romans, etc, and it obviously can't be peaceful; you'll notice that castle has always been generic for that reason, and it'd be virtually impossible to have "generic" Roman look-a-likes. :sceptic:

In the end, I think kids would ignore them and buy LotR, SW, Ninjago, and Monsters. I know I would've at that age. People our age would buy them, heck yeah, but not kids.

Edited by Napoleon53

oh here are some:

- Caveman Theme

a humorous take for sure, caves and trees and dinosaurs and maybe even Mammoth and Saver Tooth Cat.

- Underwater Theme

less fantasy and more treasure exploration type like Divers.

- Jungle type theme

Hasn't been done since JT and would be amazing.

- African Savannah type theme

poachers against game rangers, imagine all the different animals like maybe the elephant again, zebra, lion etc.

environment scenes like a watering hole and some neat land rover and jeep vehicles also a game reserve lodge as the flagship with holding pens well built and kinda like a resort but African styled.

- Outback type theme

done before very briefly but could use expansion maybe same premises as African theme.

- New Classic Space type theme

Figs like the CM S1 astronaut as well as several colors of suits and scientists and all sorts of cool ships and bases and different planets and space stations.

:wub:

- African Savannah type theme

poachers against game rangers, imagine all the different animals like maybe the elephant again, zebra, lion etc.

environment scenes like a watering hole and some neat land rover and jeep vehicles also a game reserve lodge as the flagship with holding pens well built and kinda like a resort but African styled.

This! :wub: I doubt the poachers would use guns due to Lego's cartoony style, i.e. Dino, but cages could work! You could probably combine this with jungle, too.

Edited by Napoleon53

I don't foresee a Steampunk theme, as much as I'd like one. Man, that'd be awesome... :cry_happy:

Mythology fans, look away! :oh:

I know a lot of people would like it, and I've heard it suggested often, but I, personally, don't like Greek mythology that much as a theme. Except for the figs and maybe a ship, I can't see the sets being that awesome, or at least not like mythology MOCs I've seen. PoP didn't do that hot from what I've heard, and my TRU and Walmart still have a few sets, and that was about the only Ancient theme ever made. At any rate, when I was a young kid, mythology never interested me. I liked G.I. Joe, Batman, spies, knights, Rome, giant fighting robots, and WWII, and the bizarre combinations of those I came up with at playtime. :laugh: I've never met a young kid obsessed with the adventures of Telemachos, Ulysses, or Zeus. Most kids simply wouldn't be able to relate to that and don't have a clue about the ancient legends, and might not even be able to pronounce set names. Most ancient era movies tend to be R rated, (300, Clash of the Titans or whatever that was called) so I wouldn't expect a license, either. I also can't see a Roman theme, as that would have to be extremely violent, with actual fig representations of Celts vs. Romans, etc, and it obviously can't be peaceful; you'll notice that castle has always been generic for that reason, and it'd be virtually impossible to have "generic" Roman look-a-likes. :sceptic:

In the end, I think kids would ignore them and buy LotR, SW, Ninjago, and Monsters. I know I would've at that age. People our age would buy them, heck yeah, but not kids.

I think a Greek look-alike theme with Herakles/Hercules or even made-up heroes (with easy to pronounce names!) battling monsters could work. Think Disney's Hercules movie, or the Hercules series with Kevin Sorbo, though I have no idea whether these were popular with kids.

I agree that a Roman theme would be controversial, though.

I was disappointed when the Adventuteres were discontinued; I wanted them to go places like under then sea (in old-fashioned diving suits - though I would be satisfied by a collectable minifig of such a diver), the savanna (though the poacher idea of Macoco would work as well or better), the Arctic or Antarctica, or Transylvania (though Monster Fighters probably fill this niche). What I'm worried about is that every few years we will get a set of Adventurers stuck in Egypt, like PQ.

But on the whole, I guess I'd like to see a return of the Western theme most.

Edited by Ardelon

I definitely think that we finally need a proper steampunk theme. Steampunk is still very much around, like in movies like Sherlock Holmes or the Miyazaki films, so kids will still get it.

A Crimson Sky type theme with fictional combat aircraft would be interesting too.

I also like Macoco's Safari idea.

@Ardelon: A Disney mythology theme? Now you're on to something. Still, I think it'd be too cartoony. A knock-off of Walt's Hercules might be okay, but it also has the potential for being a disaster like Knight's Kingdom II. :sick:

I, too, followed Orient Expedition and was disappointed there was no diving subtheme. I also missed out on the CMF diver, as my stores didn't get that wave. :cry_sad: My Super Walmart only started carrying them in October...

Huh, I find it hilarious I suggested a Victorian Arctic theme yesterday; today I scored the CMF Eskimo. :laugh: If they made a whole theme...

6506524233_849cf10952.jpg

:wub:

Edited by Napoleon53