Release year: 2014

Quantity of bricks: 108szt.

Quantity of minifigures: 1

Quantity of bags with bricks: 2 bags (1 big + 1 small) + 2 tracks chains

Bricklist: BrickLink

Proce: ~15Euro

Brickset

BrickLink

Summer 2014, over 30 degree heat outside, and you need to incorporate into the skin of the Arctic explorer, where it is also 30 degrees, but less than 0, and review the latest edition of the Lego City - Arctic. It's the reactivation of the same subject from the beginning of the millennium. There already appeared snow creepers, scooters and base. I wonder what was the "response from the market"? I'm trying to understand what was the spark for that decision, why Lego decided to return to the monotonous Arctic topic? 2014 Arctic gives us also a banch of snow vehicles and main base. What precisely incldes whole set ?

60032: Arctic Snowmobile

60033: Arctic Ice Crawler

60034: Arctic Helicrane

60035: Arctic Outpost

60036: Arctic Base Camp

60062: Arctic Icebreaker

60064: Arctic Supply Plane

Yes, I remember about 30310 but I do not treat it as a part of whole set. I do not like polybags, at all. Sorry. :-/

Today's set is the second largest, but the least on my personal list of Arctic sets, which I would like to have in my collection. And how in the details presents 60033?

Box:

A small rectangle measuring approximately 20cm x 10cm. Leading blue colors are of course, a spin-off series Arctic City, white and blue as arctic white and orange and blue and shades of gray as the main colors of bricks. Tempted to say that the color has not been drastically altered from the sets of the 2000 ...

FRONT & REAR

01_box_front_small.jpg 02_box_back_small.jpg

TOP & BOTTOM

03_box_top_small.jpg 04_box_bottom_small.jpg

RIGHT & LEFT

05_box_right_small.jpg 06_box_left_small.jpg

Instruction and additionals:

Small 40to page booklet, which describes the 36 steps of the submission of the model. On the last pages advertising the latest sets: Arctic and trains.

inAnd ... big bag of parts (without number) and smaller, cha tracks and a template with labels.

07_instr_small.jpg 08_bags_small.jpg

Minifigure(s):

... but the quality of minifigs, vehicles and proportions of the models stand on a much better level. Good example is the ice crawler's driver. The body has printed a lot of details: 2 x Arctic logos, zippers, pockets, fur and a transmitter? Complemented well as refined pants and blue hood.

09_minifigs_front_small.jpg 10_minifigs_back_small.jpg

Bricks:

Not much new stuff here, which is a strong argument. From my point of view, only these two things, listed below, I treat as "new".

x939.gif Black Tread Small (20 tread 'links')

30157.jpg Light Bluish Gray Plate, Modified 2 x 4 with Pins

Work in progress:

11_model_small.jpg 12_model_small.jpg 13_model_small.jpg

14_model_small.jpg 15_model_small.jpg 16_model_small.jpg

Finished set:

17_model_small.jpg 19_model_small.jpg 20_model_small.jpg 18_model_small.jpg

23_model_small.jpg 24_model_small.jpg 26_model_small.jpg 22_model_small.jpg 25_model_small.jpg

21_model_small.jpg 27_model_small.jpg 28_model_small.jpg

Last two pics made with 60032, which I bought for my daughter.

BENEFITS:

+ track chains – had carried out a car with this element. You get the feeling that this is how the original works. Lightly tick. Cool!

+ nice and I think a good return to the topic that seemed to be so far now, as the Arctic land,

+ minifig,

+ set of colors,

+ set skillfully reflects, or at least gives you feeling, how work machines on research expeditions,

+ playability,

+ relatively not much stickers, but I think that the Arctic logo could be printed as it was done in 60032 set,

WEAKNESSES:

- price – in extreme cases, you can buy twice time bigger set from Great Vehicles series,,

- distance between axes could be a little bit bigger...,

- ... that's the main reason, IMO, why ice crawler looks less in comparison with a similar vehicle from 60036,

29_model_small.jpg

Summary:

Ice Crawler, strikingly reminds me of my first sets bought over 25 years ago. Subject simple model also, lack of additional interest in a set (only vehicle), a small box, over a hundred parts and as a result a lot of joy and fun that fits in your hand. Vehicle that is worth noting, was built based on existing blocks. Great for a small gift or a gift from a fan of Lego and of course must have in your collection !

Edited by Rick

i don't know what to think about those ice balls.. but i bet i wanted it when i was a kid

Though this set is a nice build I do have to agree with about 60036. The tread links do more for me than these.

Thanks for the great review 'Prezes', neat vehicle......I'll get one so I mod it into a Unimog. :wink:

Brick On Review On 'Prezes' ! :grin:

The two parts you list as "new" are actually incredibly old. The tread has existed solely in that color since 2003 in 20 sets and the plate with Technic pins has existed since 2005, in that color in 40 sets. To put that into perspective, every single orange part besides the 1x2 slope is newer than those two parts. The orange 1x6x3 panel with side studs is, in fact, actually new, never before appearing in sets in that color. The Trans. Light Blue boulder piece is also new, only appearing in this and the other Arctic sets.

Other than that this is an AMAZING review. Your photography is top-notch, perfectly capturing the set from just about every angle. So please don't get the impression that I'm dissatisfied!

The two parts you list as "new" are actually incredibly old. The tread has existed solely in that color since 2003 in 20 sets and the plate with Technic pins has existed since 2005, in that color in 40 sets. To put that into perspective, every single orange part besides the 1x2 slope is newer than those two parts. The orange 1x6x3 panel with side studs is, in fact, actually new, never before appearing in sets in that color. The Trans. Light Blue boulder piece is also new, only appearing in this and the other Arctic sets.

Other than that this is an AMAZING review. Your photography is top-notch, perfectly capturing the set from just about every angle. So please don't get the impression that I'm dissatisfied!

Thanks everyone for replies.

Lyichir, do not be afraid, I'm not angry on you. I may even write that I'm happy that Experts like you may fullfill my lack of knowledge about the Lego :-) I'm not a hardcore fan. I'm only collecting sets which I like. During building, I'm taking pictures and publish them in reviews on Polish LUG, I also started my own blog with me Lego sets pics. Summary, I'm not good with details about what has been release in which year, the same as I do not know details about parts/colors and combinations. Moreover, I do not know to rember this and know all facts and numbers about sets :-) I'm just having fun bulding vehicles choosen by me (and taking photos of course). So please feel free to add or even change infos in my reviews.

Good review and great photo's Prezes! Wish I could take photo's like this, then I could post a review of the supply plane set! I have this set and it's a great addition to the Arctic theme.