maydayartist

Pirate Island with harbor mountain beach and many more

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 87b

Hello to all can't wait to see the nearly finished Island.

Two things definitely come later. A ruin church on the east end near the beach and a Pirateship of course!! :)

On Brickshelf are 30 pictures with lots of views and details.

Here are 16 of them, try to show all aspects of the whole islnd.

If it is to heavy, I will delete some of them.

Now its dark outside, but tomorrow I want to make some pictures of the detail opening on the left side of the mountain. In this you can see the tunnel down from the mine entrance to the cave.

Frontview

01_frontside_view.jpg

Backview

02_backside_view.jpg

Harbor

04_harbor.jpg

Canon wall

05_defense_wall.jpg

counting office (the 3rd :) )

06_counting_office.jpg

tavern corner

07_tavern.jpg

my second building for the island but the others are more favorite, the store

09_store.jpg

the captain above all

10_captain_on_top.jpg

the harbor entrance with the huge landing fire

12_bay.jpg

fisherman and his friend ;)

13_fisherman_and_his_friend.jpg

Hangmans neck

14_hangmans_neck.jpg

sandpath

21_sandpath.jpg

The mine entrance, the tunnel goes through the mountain down to the cave on the next picture.

16_mine_with_tender.jpg

cave with footbridge, lots of stalactites and stalacmites

25_grotto_with_footbridge.jpg

mountain backside

24_backside_entrance.jpg

and the beach on the northside

27_beach.jpg

Amazing! This is definetly gonna be frontpaged! The secret tunnel is a nice touch and the detailed houses

fit in perfect. My favorite building is the one with the red roof, I cant wait to see more from you :pir-blush:

Excellent job! :thumbup:

That looks amazing, MayDay! The buildings really go great together, and the terrain is excellent! This port design will really help me with mine. Amazing work! :thumbup:

Really impressive job, specially because of the huge size of your island! :thumbup: Great detailed structures here and there (even if I recognize some inspirations from other pirate builders, but I would be too hypocrit if I would criticize you :pir-tongue:), beautiful places like the rock mountain or the captain's home and a lot of possibilities if you want to enlarge the town in the future :pir-wink: 10/10

Amazing work maydayartist! Frontpage stuff indeed. Potentially the best harbour MOCs I've seen, certainly up with Z's fort. Tops mate! :pir-classic:

Great work Mr. Artist!! :thumbup:

There is so much detail in all of your work! :pir-oh3:

I love the gallows, the fishermen, how nicely integrated everything is.

The cannon wall is simple, effective, and nicely done.

All it's missing now... ...is a shrubbery!

One that's nice, but not too expensive. :pir-grin:

:pir-cry_happy:

It's...Beautiful...

I have to say, that is one of the best executed ports I've ever seen, and I particularly like the signal fire in the harbor. Also, the way you've chosen to do stalagmites and stalactites is very cool, and surprisingly realistic for LEGO. Also, the noose is a realistic touch, but I doubt they'd leave the corpse in the sun like that (you could pull the "pirate" card here), as it would make for an awful smell.

All it's missing now... ...is a shrubbery!

One that's nice, but not too expensive. :pir-grin:

With a nice white picket fence. :pir_laugh2: (Just call me "Roger")

Edited by Francis Marion

Great! And it's huge... love all the little details in there and the unpolished look of everything, like the roofs on both towers.

spent about 15 minutes looking at all the details, wondering how you made this and that, beeing completly astonsihed and amazed. great job - love it!

would be great too see an invasionof bluecoats :pir_laugh2:

Edited by fenris

Great GADZOOKS! This is one of the most impressive MOCs I've seen in a while.

The layout of the island kind of reminds me of this game I play occassionally... Curse of Monkey Island.

Well there are similairities but the islands are quite different.

This is astounding! I love the scale of it, and the detail is very attractive and evocative. Some details are simple enough and yet used to great effect! So many things seem very doable (compared to some insane things that some builders do) but yet it is the imagination and knowing just what to use in each situation that really makes this! The sheer amount of little design choices that fit perfectly is impressive. Also small things really add to the appeal of it - such as the stone buttresses on the building (SNOT 2x2 plates with curve and 1x2 studs). I couldn't believe it when I saw there was a tunnel and cave also! The buildings on the waterfront alone are a fabulous scene.

This MOC makes me want to go disassemble a bunch of my MoCs and start over and build a new scene! I don't know if I could achieve something as convincing even though I might have the parts for it.

Well done indeed!

Edited by brickzone

This MOC is indeed impressive! It is even ursupring details of a new pirate set that's about to be released.

Now, if only I wasn't on dial-up I could take a decent look at this MOC but I have to wait till Wednesday before I get broadband back.

Ok, I just need to post pictures of my harbor as a work in progress, because with everyone using the barrels as dock posts, mine is going to look like a copycat now. I thought I had an original idea there, but apparently everyone did too.

-Super

Wow, what a lovely port.

The buildings, the small details and the layout are simply great, the fisherman and the cave with all the detail inside being my favourites! :thumbup:

The only improvement i ccan think of is to make the water lower then the beach, as it would flood as it is now..

Ok, I just need to post pictures of my harbor as a work in progress, because with everyone using the barrels as dock posts, mine is going to look like a copycat now. I thought I had an original idea there, but apparently everyone did too.

-Super

Better well stolen then badly thought up! :pir-skull:

The only improvement i ccan think of is to make the water lower then the beach, as it would flood as it is now..

As discussed over here, maydayartist doesn't have sufficient parts to do that. But I think that's ok, because the water is on top of the sand after all. It's only a plate high, so it can be just the tide coming in. :pir-classic:

One word!!! Amazing. Or little more words. This is one of the best pirate MOC I've ever seen! You're the LegoOne.

very great and big , awesome work on it ! I love the study aspect and I love the buildings they're awesome, great job!

A very nice moc. Nice idea and looks great from all angles. Makes me want to get my lazy self up and start building again :pir_laugh2: . But im enjoying my break to much. good work

Fantastic! So many great details, I really like the shape of the cannon wall and how you used palm leaves on the top of the lookout tower. This looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play with, so many great features like the jungle path and mountain cave. I can imagine spending hours acting out stories with minifigs on this. :shark:

I like how its not just for show but It is also a very playable creation! I always include playability into my MOCs. Thats why I dont usually create Vignettes. :pir_laugh2:

I love the Cave with the Mine. And the Path through the beach, A real Paridise! :pir-wub:

Thank you for all your feedback.

I could not wait to show you this project, a little bit soon as I can see know.

Here are the pictures from the westend and the open mountain to see the tunnel.

But I added waves in the bay and around the mountain before.

It really like this little detail, it looks so more organic.

@Bluebard

Yep you are right. The one or another detail I recognized on other MOCs.

But this is not really surprising, if you search for really good pics online of a pirate hideout, a piratehouse, a port or anything in this way, you will find LEGO Mocs very fast.

For example, the 4 buildings pirate port from >Derfel Cardan<.

I found a little picture of this online and on the search for more, I finally landed here :wink:

@ Mister Phes

Is it really similar to the game? I never see or play this, but it sounds good to get new ideas :pir-blush:

@Derfel Cardan

If you see little similarities to your MOCs, it could be :pir-classic:

I found your pirate port on my search for inspiration and wow thats really amazing. The only thing I missed was the rest of it, the island for example. And at this point starts my work.

@ Joey Lock

That's exactly my point of view. My nephew is 5 now and startet this year with Lego. He is one reason I put back my old stuff, buy new one and build new creations.

He could play with it, but it is to heavy for him. He dares not to demolish something. :laugh:

This is the westend with new little rock near the rock arch an the waves around.

33_westend.jpg

The tunnel under the mountain opening. The pirates show the way the tunnel moves through the rock.

35_tunnel.jpg

And at the end of it the cave with the landing bridge for smaller boats.

32_cave.jpg

At least, the view on the upway behind the tavern ending in a quarter round stair to the captains house.

34_upway.jpg

A little question on the edge. Is it possible to update the topic of this article, so everybody see that there is another update in?

Edited by maydayartist