Mister Phes

New Pirate Smileys

A while back ApophisV created some Pirate smileys which were never used until now...

So provide comments, feedback and technical problems you may be experiencing with them. There has been reports that the pirate smileys have invaded other forums however they should only appear if you're using the Pirate skin.

I must say they look nice but I don't see whay we need these two seperate smiles :pirate2: :pirate3: and these three seperate smilies :-) :capn: :rb: We should have some armada soldiers, a creeped out one and a gaping mouth instead. I also think the eye-patches on these ;-) |-/ ruin the winking and eye-rolling effect.

Please disregard that report of smilies in other forums, I was using the wrong skin. |-/ I wonder why this one, :rb: , is so out of proportion with the others..

Didn't you have a complaint about the Pirate smileys appearing in other forums? I think we should resolve that before commenting on the appearance of the smileys.

I just edited my reply a second before I saw you second post.

Ahhh yes, I see...

EDIT: Disregard, I was using the pirate skin.

It appears you also had other feedback to give so you can copy and paste that into this thread and it will be addressed.

I was actually refering that to my first post in THIS thread not my last post in the Classic Castle Army Sale thread, I edited that one a while before this one.

It appears you also had other feedback to give so you can copy and paste that into this thread and it will be addressed.

The only comments I had I posted in the begining of my original post in this thread, which I did not edit.

So you don't think anything in the below quote is worth mentioning in this thread?

I must say they look nice but I don't see whay we need these two seperate smiles :pirate2: :pirate3: and these three seperate smilies :-) :capn: :rb: We should have some armada soldiers, a creeped out one and a gaping mouth instead. I also think the eye-patches on these ;-) |-/ ruin the winking and eye-rolling effect.

I agree. Maybe they could be modified to incoporate more expression.

The only comments I had I posted in the begining of my original post in this thread, which I did not edit.

|-/

Ok, now I see what's going on, we posted almost at the same time and I hadn't gone back read that post (until now) so I didn't know which comment you were referring to.

But more importantly...

You think there should be Imperial Armada representation? There probably should be. However, there is a finite amount of space per smiley unless they're made bigger, so how would we create a decent Imperial Armada smiley that looks different enough to what's already there?

Yes, definitely more varied expressions but at the same time its hard to incorporate much expression into an image of that size.

It would be possible to make them bigger but then the default text size would have to be made bigger otherwise that interfere with the line height.

New smilies are a *y* with me. I was surprised to find them at first, but they look cool. Though my only thing is a few should be diffrential.

Not only new smilies but the seperaters appear grey and different, or I have just never noticed it.

:rb: they are really cool congrats phes you are a master arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The credit goes to ApophisV for making them, I've had them for months but have only just got around to uploading them.

Not only new smilies but the seperaters appear grey and different, or I have just never noticed it.

The seperaters? You mean "separators"? But by "separators" what are you referring to?

Hasn't that appeared before? Admittedly it doesn't appear for the Administrators but it should for everyone else.

Have you been using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on and off Imerial Scouts? I've noticed in IE they are textured, a cloth kind of look, but in MF they are solid grayish-blue.

I'm not sure why this is occurring but when was designing the skin I considered it too insignificant to pull my hair out over so I just left it. But I may be able to solve the problem when I go to revise the skin which I'm doing slowly.

Anyway... This thread is about the new smileys, so lets focus on those.

Mf not working, forced to use IE. Anyway, is there going to be more smilies for sure?

It depends if there is enough interest for them so start throwing some ideas around...

So far there's been a suggestion for Imperial Armada and slightly more varied expressions so do provide examples.

The credit goes to ApophisV for making them, I've had them for months but have only just got around to uploading them.

The seperaters? You mean "separators"? But by "separators" what are you referring to?

then thank you very much apophisV *sweet* ;-) X-D

I was just about to ask why we have two smilies of the same head, but I found out that they're different.

:pirate2: :pirate3:

^ this guy has a little less stubble than the other one.

I really would like an admiral/governor and Redbeard smilies, like the ones back on piratebricks.com. Is there a chance that the admin there might still have it? :-/