2015 Predator Supercar

Full Article HERE

2zcQNRz.jpg

Specs & Features

- L x W x H (studs): 59 x 31 x 13

- # of parts: undisclosed at the moment (Anyone wants to take a guess?)

- The heart of the car consists of a V8 engine;

- A vertical positioned gearbox is located right behind the engine and transfers its power directly to the rear wheels;

- the 6 different speeds (5+R) can be manually selected with the gearstick between the seats and has a one to one mechanical connection to the gearbox with some linkages;

- All wheels are suspended independently with double wishbones;

- The front wheels are steered through either steering wheel or HOG and include ackermann geometry;

- Front axle also has positive caster angle and kingpin inclination. Bump steer is minimized due to the low location of the steering rod;

- Gullwing doors which can be controlled from directly above the airintakes on the side and include a wormwheel configuration;

- Bonnet and engine cover can be opened as well, but this is done manually and they have a built-in limitation of their respective opening angle. They stay open due to friction.

QTJ5nHv.jpg

wbC6tS8.jpg

szIQ5Bc.jpg

42EZ3RI.jpg

Looks like Nate has some new teasers up for his new supercar design... No doubt this will be awesome..!

"A New Revalation"

rz326Yi.jpg

"After many months of development a new beast is soon to be unleashed!

Remember the chassis for a new supercar that was presented here a few months ago? Well, the long wait is almost over and a new Predator is on its way. Many iterarations later and updated with the latest arrival of new parts it's bigger, meaner and more accurate than ever before!

A few titbits to wet your appetite: the model is roughly the same size as the recently launched 42039 24-hour racer. But the similarities do not end there. Both use for example the exact same amount of panels, both are powered by a mid engine V8, and then there are a few other features that share some similarity. But that's where the comparison ends, and although on paper they seem similar, in reality they are completely different!

All will be revealed soon..."

pvAg17D.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

Sounds nice, I'm looking forward to the results :classic:

I especially like the chassis, I hadn't seen it before.

Teaser, oh noes. I was just about to forget a bit about this project and I was very excited to see it! And you are just teasing us again... :cry_sad:

From Nate i would buy blind any supercar instructions regardless of the prize. All his models - regardless if technic or creator and regardless if official TLG sets or his c-models of sets or his private MOCs - are a pure pleasure to build. And i'm sure the forthcoming predator will not disappoint me...

Looking forward to this one. Thanks for posting Paul. Let's hope parts availability will not be restrictive on being able to build it.

Looking forward to this one. Thanks for posting Paul. Let's hope parts availability will not be restrictive on being able to build it.

Oh, I have a feeling that no one will have to worry about that... :wink:

Feels like I just and a dirty lap dance! Who do I pay I want more;-)

Hahahaha! nice one Paul keep the updates coming

Edited by dougstar

Dont you just love this guy and his creations! I just bought second 42000 only for his Street Rod C-model and this new one is something what I desperately want. He is genious. Take my money :)

Ugh. I hate teasers. :angry: At least I know this teaser will most likely live up to the hype though. I almost forgot about this new model. Paul, I take it that you have seen it already?

Prepare to be amazed ! :p

Looks good, but can it's looks upset the new assasin car by crowkillers? I've never really been crazy for Nathaniel kuipers mocs but this one might reflect a new perception for me on him.