Sign in to follow this  
popkids

Speculation on future Star Wars set remakes

With the original trilogy remakes well under way, and the first ones from Episode 1 due later this year, I wonder which sets, that have yet to be remade, will reappear in the future.

AT-AT: Every chance of this one coming again. It was hugely popular first time round, and there's scope for expansion with the inclusion of a second pilot, a commander and a walkway through the neck of the craft.

Tie Bomber and Interceptor: Not so sure. The existing sets do the job well, and they don't need any more minifigs than just the one pilot. That said, they might turn up in a 'fleet' set.

Droid Escape: Strange that this hasn't appeared already. Maybe Lego are saving it to rerelease as part of a huge Blockade Runner (remember there was a UCS one before). Perhaps next time it will include a hatch, so that having escaped from Darth Vader, the droids can then escape from their escape pod X-D

Skyhopper: So marginal that I'd be surprised if we saw it again, unless it came as part of a Lars homestead set.

Jabba's Palace: This could be trebled in size and still not cost more than the sandcrawler. With a Rancor, Oola, Salacious Crumb, 8D8 and a couple of new cronies for Jabba, a new version of this would have selling points aplenty.

Ewok Attack: The speeder bike was a redesign, the glider and the catapult might feature in an Ewok village set, if Lego ever release such a thing.

Sith infiltrator: Highly likely IMO. The first one looked very blocky, and Darth Maul hasn't been available for years.

AAT: yes please.

Flash speeder: another very marginal set, which doesn't have the bonus of being a 'battle' craft. And I think Lego did it very neatly first time around.

Cloud car: To judge from Bricklink, this wasn't a strong seller, so Lego may decide against a remake.

Podrace/Watto's junkyard: A wealth of colourful and varied parts, a chance to design some different racers, new pit droids, a Sebulba (or is it Gasgano?) that doesn't look like a breakfast cereal giveaway, a stand with Jabba's VIP box and the prospect of being able to charge a pretty penny for the whole thing...if I worked for Lego, I'd be designing this already ;-)

Sail Barge: erm, it's only just been released. And if Lego do decide to remake it, it would have to go some to compare to BaronSat's version. I've got the instructions, and I can't wait to have all the parts.

Cantina: as with Jabba's palace, a lot of scope for a bigger building and more minifigs. Maybe the speeder would be dropped to make way for them.

On the subject of playsets, the only really big one that we've had so far is Cloud City. I wonder whether Lego are saving them up and preparing to astound us by releasing them in quick succession. Here's hoping! The Hoth one is rumoured to be on its way, and others could include the Theed palace, pod racecourse, Geonosian arena and droid factory, Ewok village, Jabba's palace, the bridge of the ship on which Anakin killed Count Dooku (can't remember its name), the senate chamber and the hideaway where Anakin slaughtered the Separatist leaders.

And one final thought about the new droid arms; who's planning to upgrade all their existing tan battle droids? And will the same thing happen with the sand red ones, and other non 'battle' droids, and what about IG88, who appeared only last year?

With the original trilogy remakes well under way, and the first ones from Episode 1 due later this year, I wonder which sets, that have yet to be remade, will reappear in the future.

AT-AT: Every chance of this one coming again. It was hugely popular first time round, and there's scope for expansion with the inclusion of a second pilot, a commander and a walkway through the neck of the craft.

Tie Bomber and Interceptor: Not so sure. The existing sets do the job well, and they don't need any more minifigs than just the one pilot. That said, they might turn up in a 'fleet' set.

Droid Escape: Strange that this hasn't appeared already. Maybe Lego are saving it to rerelease as part of a huge Blockade Runner (remember there was a UCS one before). Perhaps next time it will include a hatch, so that having escaped from Darth Vader, the droids can then escape from their escape pod X-D

Skyhopper: So marginal that I'd be surprised if we saw it again, unless it came as part of a Lars homestead set.

Jabba's Palace: This could be trebled in size and still not cost more than the sandcrawler. With a Rancor, Oola, Salacious Crumb, 8D8 and a couple of new cronies for Jabba, a new version of this would have selling points aplenty.

Ewok Attack: The speeder bike was a redesign, the glider and the catapult might feature in an Ewok village set, if Lego ever release such a thing.

Sith infiltrator: Highly likely IMO. The first one looked very blocky, and Darth Maul hasn't been available for years.

AAT: yes please.

Flash speeder: another very marginal set, which doesn't have the bonus of being a 'battle' craft. And I think Lego did it very neatly first time around.

Cloud car: To judge from Bricklink, this wasn't a strong seller, so Lego may decide against a remake.

Podrace/Watto's junkyard: A wealth of colourful and varied parts, a chance to design some different racers, new pit droids, a Sebulba (or is it Gasgano?) that doesn't look like a breakfast cereal giveaway, a stand with Jabba's VIP box and the prospect of being able to charge a pretty penny for the whole thing...if I worked for Lego, I'd be designing this already ;-)

Sail Barge: erm, it's only just been released. And if Lego do decide to remake it, it would have to go some to compare to BaronSat's version. I've got the instructions, and I can't wait to have all the parts.

Cantina: as with Jabba's palace, a lot of scope for a bigger building and more minifigs. Maybe the speeder would be dropped to make way for them.

On the subject of playsets, the only really big one that we've had so far is Cloud City. I wonder whether Lego are saving them up and preparing to astound us by releasing them in quick succession. Here's hoping! The Hoth one is rumoured to be on its way, and others could include the Theed palace, pod racecourse, Geonosian arena and droid factory, Ewok village, Jabba's palace, the bridge of the ship on which Anakin killed Count Dooku (can't remember its name), the senate chamber and the hideaway where Anakin slaughtered the Separatist leaders.

And one final thought about the new droid arms; who's planning to upgrade all their existing tan battle droids? And will the same thing happen with the sand red ones, and other non 'battle' droids, and what about IG88, who appeared only last year?

Well I think that lego wouldn't bother making an actual playset. They might sell the seperate sets to make the scene, though. By the way, ths ship that Count Dooku was killed on was named The Invisable Hand

Nice list. I got the original Jabba's palace sets, the one large one and two small ones, when they came out. They were poor design, included bad figures, and didn't allow for a lot of playability. I would be glad to see lego make a new one.

Nice list. I got the original Jabba's palace sets, the one large one and two small ones, when they came out. They were poor design, included bad figures, and didn't allow for a lot of playability. I would be glad to see lego make a new one.

I disagree.

Aside from the smaller sets, I thought Jabba's Palace had high play potential. I used to use it as a defensive base against my AT-TE (keeping to chronology there ;-) )

My issue with it is poor build. I only have to fart near it for it to fall apart. You can imagine what the TIE Bomber did to it.

I think that's because it's only the inside part of Jabba's palace, but I do agree with you on it's poor structure *n*

As someone stated in anther thread we do need more EP2 sets 8 system scale sets is just not enough! Then we could get some more of those great EP2 clones but with colour markings like the EP3 clones!

I've posted something similiar on another thread, but STOP IT WITH THE RE-RELEASES!!! I have spent a fortune on lego so far, and have a problem whereby I must have every model released. I now have pretty similar 'doubles' of some models. Can you not see that Lego are just trying to bleed us dry?? Ok, I admit, there are some models which needed a rethink e.g. - Slave I, Naboo starfighter - (worst model ever) but on the whole, I am happy with what has been released already. I urge Lego to release new, innovative models, and stop it with the re-makes. This is just an easy way to make a quick buck. If you didn't get them first time round then TOUGH LUCK.

On another note, why does everyone seem to hate the technic models? I thought those ep.1 droids were awesome (alrite the developer kits weren't great) anyway, I digress...

I have been collecting star wars lego since it all began back in 99 so i don't really mind re-releases. Some of the new re-release sets are such a major improvement over the original models how can you complain?

The main problem with the star wars line is that most of the iconic ships from the films have all been done. So re-releases of those ships was always going to happern, you just have to except it because there will be more! The new y-wing, a-wing and b-wing *wub* were so much better than the original ones that i bought more of them than i did with the originals so lego must be doing something right! I have 3 old at-at's but i look forward to the enevitable redesign of that set.

You can't just say TOUGH LUCK to customers if you want your bussines to be sucsessfull. You have to listen to what they want and try to deliver in a way that pleases most of them. Only when the new tv show airs are we likley to get lots of new designs and ships and that will be awesome. So start saving now :-D

They will release EU-sets if the TV-series are succesfull - and I bet they will be...If only because of the huge SW-fanbase that became even larger with the PT-movies *vader*

I think we need AT-UT's, a newer smaller Jedi Starfighter...And...and...well...more Jedi, Palpatine vs Mace and the others pack, more clone variation, and so on.

For me the cantina is one of the worst sets ever made, the set just screamed done in a hurry and as it was the only one released at the end of the year which just made matters even worse.

As for jabbas palace again that was poor, sure it had good playability but it was nothing like the jabbas palace seen in the films and the whole thing falls apart when touched. If lego ever do another version then they should go for something alot bigger and include a rancor at least.

For me the cantina is one of the worst sets ever made, the set just screamed done in a hurry and as it was the only one released at the end of the year which just made matters even worse.

As for jabbas palace again that was poor, sure it had good playability but it was nothing like the jabbas palace seen in the films and the whole thing falls apart when touched. If lego ever do another version then they should go for something alot bigger and include a rancor at least.

wow, thats kind of harsh on the Cantina :-P The building itself is more than crappy but there is a sandie and a great looking speeder !!

On the other hand, Jabba's palace was really created in a rush !! The building is pure crap :-X The only interest is lying solely in MFs (which are not even that exciting !!)

Both sets really piss me off when you see that TLC did one of the best sets with the Sail Barge *wub*

I think that we can expect some more Mos Eisley sets in the future ;-) I wouldn't mind also some Cloud City redesigns (Lobot in peachie, new pimped Cloud Car and other goodies !!). However, those are after Hoth and Endor in my priority list :-D

*yoda*

Harsh but fair to me mate, the figs/dewback/speeder were good but the actual cantina itself was a waste of time and the price was a joke also.

I too get very angry when lego gives us superb sets one second and then crap ones the next >:-( , you just never know with lego what you will get next :-/

New pimped Cloud Car???? Good gawd man your gonna want the whole SW universe pimped soon :-P X-D

Harsh but fair to me mate, the figs/dewback/speeder were good but the actual cantina itself was a waste of time and the price was a joke also.

I too get very angry when lego gives us superb sets one second and then crap ones the next >:-( , you just never know with lego what you will get next :-/

Yeay the "building" was such a waste of everything (especially $,

Yeay loool !! TLC already started on the Pimp my Ride style with that new city pick-up truck with HUGE rims :-P Regarding SW, they just paintbrush the JSF :-P Maybe they will give us a girlie pink JSF ??

*yoda*

You see kids if you send enough letter/faxes/emails and horse heads in boxes TLC do listen X-D :-P ;-)

And no i dont condone the boxes with horse heads...... just to be clear before all those pc thugs jump on me.

I would like to see the cloud car in the proper orange colour. I'm sure that i saw a MOC somewhere that was all orange *wub*

And no i dont condone the boxes with horse heads...... just to be clear before all those pc thugs jump on me.

Why not, if they are brick builded.... :-P

_1400567_legoduplopa300.jpg

I agree that the Cantina set is given very poor press. OK, the Cantina itself was more a Cantina-corner than an actual Cantina, but look what you get in the set:

- Unique Luke

- Unique Obi

- GREEDO!

- Sandtrooper

- Dewback

- Updated Landspeeder

I think its a great set. The Cantina does have a small degree of playability. And it was relatively cheap for everything we got.

As for jabbas palace again that was poor, sure it had good playability but it was nothing like the jabbas palace seen in the films and the whole thing falls apart when touched.

When you happen to pass wind in the same room, more like.

I am sure that we'll get a new AT-AT this year ;)

Hi

We better get an AT-AT and a hoth set because i've got a new white snowspeeder and new AT-ST just wait to reanact the battle of hoth but i need a AT-AT and hoth set to do so, which is anyoing!! >:-( >:-(

Hi

We better get an AT-AT and a hoth set because i've got a new white snowspeeder and new AT-ST just wait to reanact the battle of hoth but i need a AT-AT and hoth set to do so, which is anyoing!! >:-( >:-(

We definitely need a some sort of hoth set and a new AT-AT ,because I'm starting to get tired dusting my two snow speeders off. *sing*