Hinckley

Steampunk Mafia: A quick-shot Mafia game

signup.jpg

"Welcome to the magical land of Agon Adludo. King Finnerty D. Colsh, his lovely wife Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and their son, Prince Nathaniel Kienan Colsh are constant targets of the Kensmy Clan assassins. The Royal Guard and a secret security detail go to great lengths to protect the King, the royal family and their court from the threat. Decades ago, King Colsh had banished the Kensmy Clan from Agon Adludo for treason. The conflicts that have resulted from their banishment are frequent and bloody and threaten to last for generations to come. If the Kensmy Clan overthrow the current monarchy, the Agon Adludo way of life will crumble and many innocent citizens of the realm will perish. Join the current conflict, already in progress, and help decide the future of Agon Adludo and the Colsh Royal Family. How will this conflict be decided? Mafia with a twist, of course."

(no, this isn't an all-scum game)

To sign up, please post the following in this thread:

1. A brief history of your mafia experience here on Eurobricks. If you have played many games, just mention the highlights.
  2. Any conflicts for the next five weeks.
  3. Your favorite Eurobricks Mafia false roleclaim. Anyone who can't come up with one will not be considered. If you aren't aware of the intricacies of Mafia strategy, you won't do well with this concept. But, inexperience will not count against you.

The twist for the game mechanics will not be as extreme as Prison Riot! This will function as a normal Mafia, for the most part. This is also not a shared action Mafia game. No pills or meals here. 12 participants will be chosen and the game will start this coming weekend. I will choose a mix of experienced and more recent Mafia School graduates. The more you know about previous Mafia games and the more you have demonstrated knowledge of Mafia game mechanics, the better.

I'd like to sign up. :sweet:

1. I played a dozen or so games. Highlights include being duped by Shadows (Dystopia), Draggy (Bloodbrick, I'm sure you remember :hmpf_bad: ), and - to a lesser extent - you (Bloodbrick II). I poisoned a few players in Baritones 3, which was fun, but I also had a lot of fun playing with you in Bloodbrick ( :cry_sad: ) and Werewolf ( :sweet: ), but especially with Rufus in The Forest. The host tried to cram a lot of weird mechanics in the latter one though. :hmpf:

2. None

3. I like what Inky did as scum in Werewolf: claiming doctor. No one will be able to get away with a doctor claim after that. Oh, wait, Foog got pretty far with it in IMHOTEP. :grin: I think I'll vote for Foog's role claim in IMHOTEP. He's definitely worthy of his Mafia tag.

Awesome. Thanks again, Hinck. :classic:

1. I played the very obvious newb Town Cop in Isla Paradisa, and won because Kartoffel saved my MegaBloks. I played the n00b sheep Town PGO in Baritones 3 and a similarly n00bish sheep Townie in Bloodbrick II. Lost both. I played the Scum Framer and Bus Driver and was the last surviving Scum in Gotham Mafia, which I lost. I was the losing, unimaginative, and lackluster Scum Godfather in IMHOTEP Mafia. I was an unnecessarily cautious - but vocal and helpful - and losing Townie in Yakuza Family.
  2. None that I know of.
  3. Nancy the Psychiatrist Snake Charmer. 'Nuf said. :snicker:
    EDIT: Oh, wait, claims that worked? Well, since I don't know what went on behind the scenes, I don't think I can really judge anyone else's claims. Of my own, I claimed Cop when I was the Framer in Gotham Mafia; the plan I devised was to tell Kiel that I got a Scum reading on him when the host publicly revealed that he was Town. Then I was going to say that I thought I wanted another Cop to target the same player as I to find out whether I was Random, Paranoid, or Insane, frame the player instead, tell Kiel that I got 'Town' knowing that the other Cop would get 'Scum', and try to get the target lynched. Didn't really work because of the way Kiel and def had everyone isolated in private (nice job there), but I did get in on a night-kill immunity intended for Kiel and a Town Cop, so that was nice.

1. I tried to emulate you and epically failed (but had fun doing it! :tongue: ) as Cinderella, the gutsiest Good guy Doctor in Mafia School: A Bedtime story, and passed! I've also played the real-world, "party game" version of Mafia and been heavily metagamed to death :snicker: (for full details, PM me).

2. I have a couple of college graduation ceremonies to attend at the end of May and in mid-June, but they shouldn't be all-day events. I have class on Mondays and Wednesdays in the mornings, but I'm usually back by mid-afternoon, and I can occasionally sneak on to EB during class breaks.

3. Is this roleclaims others have done, or one I would make up? As far as others' roleclaims go, my favorite would have to be Tammo's "High Priest-who-turns-neutral-after-the-godfather-dies-and-who-is-also-the-bomb". :grin: As far as my own claim goes, I can say with confidence that an Alien Jailkeeper that redirects the target's action instead of blocking it Nexus (I thought that was the right term! :grin: ) is THE ultimate role, ever. :grin::devil:

Edited by Flipz

1)

I've played in your Fabuland Housewives Mafia School (with a passing grade). I also played in the coming darkness.

2)

I should have no conflicts in the coming 5 weeks, so I should be able to check in at least once or twice a day(probably more).

3)

My favorite role claim was made by Dragonator during the Baritones 3. Where he claimed cop, and did it so well. That even after guiding the town to lynch Whitefang with his BS the town still didn't lynch him.

2. I have a couple of college graduation ceremonies to attend at the end of May and in mid-June, but they shouldn't be all-day events. I have class on Mondays and Wednesdays in the mornings, but I'm usually back by mid-afternoon, and I can occasionally sneak on to EB during class breaks.

Addendum: Also note that aside from classes I currently have no life, at all, and can usually spend most of the day stalking the other players paying attention to the game. :wink:

1. I recived a passing grade in Cirque du freak and surrvied as town role cop in Gotham mafia

2.In 4 and half weeks I am going to Barcellona but the hotel has wifi so I will be only gone for a few hours

3. I have to agree with Flipz. Tamno's never say do guts producing that bomb roleclaim is what mafia is about

Loving the theme Hinck, I'd love to play in this game :sweet:

1. Two school games, Cirque du Freak and Witchbreed (in which I was vanilla town), and two advanced games, Imhotep (town investigator) and Yakuza (town hider).

2. None (I'm going to the EB event in Billund in May, but I'll have access to internet and I'm bringing my laptop so won't be a problem)

3. I'm going to go with Tammo's bomb claim in Imhotep which lasted him to the bitter end, when we finally saw through him (not to mention his hilarious "I'm a neutral now" claim the last day :snicker:)

1. A mass of failures, Hogwarts and Yakuza are the only ones I've really felt I've done anything relatively constructive. :sceptic: 9 games in all.

2. None foreseeable. Might have to do something May 18th, but I don't think it'll take the entire day.

3. Tammo's claim in Imhotep was pretty good, although risky. Nancy the Sanity Snake, despite its obvious flaws, is still my personal favorite, though. :dsweet:

Tenth time's the charm. :excited: Pumped, even if I don't get in.

Can you be picked for Masked Builder's game if you are chosen for this one ?

Yes.

As far as others' roleclaims go, my favorite would have to be Tammo's "High Priest-who-turns-neutral-after-the-godfather-dies-and-who-is-also-the-bomb". :grin:

Tamno's never say do guts producing that bomb roleclaim is what mafia is about

I'm going to go with Tammo's bomb claim in Imhotep which lasted him to the bitter end, when we finally saw through him (not to mention his hilarious "I'm a neutral now" claim the last day :snicker:)

It appears I'm getting the majority vote here. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, although this looks like a wonderful game, I'm very, very busy for the next few days - until next Tuesday, in fact. Would it still be possible for me to play if I end up lurking a little on Day 1?

If not, I'll sit back and watch this one. I look forward to it either way! :sweet:

I wish I could paticipate but between May 14-18 I will have little/no Internet access as I will be in North Wales.

Very interesting theme. A wise man once said, everything is better with Steampunk. Even if I don't get picked, it will be worth following for the pictures alone, I reckon.

1) I have played as the doctor in def's Witchbreed Mafia School, as a virgin in Rufus and Pandora's Imhotep Mafia and as the scum's godfather(mother?)in Badboytje's Yakuza Mafia.

2) None :sweet:.

3) It has to be the Psychiatrist/Snake Charmer with Nancy the Snake, in Imhotep, it was just so... unexpected and weird... A tie for second place would be Tamamono, also in Imhotep with the: I-once-was-scum-but-now-I-want-to-help-you!! and Piratedave84 in Witchbreed, when he claimed doctor, while I was the doctor, which gave me a nice challenge to prove my innocense, :classic:

1) Cirque du Freak, didnt do much. Witchbreed, Town cop who survived and had a partnership with the doctor. Yakuza, Agents RBlocker who was lynched after def outted me.

2) I'm available.

3) The Tammo Bomb mainly because that was one of the only false roleclaims I know and it was a great final stand. Close second would be my "amazing" renegade claim which noone fell for. :grin:

1) I played as a decoy for the cop in def's Witchbreed Mafia School, and in Yakuza I got raged at by the town by being stupid and claiming jester

2) None

3) It has got to be the many false role claims made by Bob on day 8, it failed by it was amusing to see Bob claim to be so many roles.

Edited by zakura

Unfortunately, although this looks like a wonderful game, I'm very, very busy for the next few days - until next Tuesday, in fact. Would it still be possible for me to play if I end up lurking a little on Day 1?

It might be OK. :thumbup:

A brief history of your mafia experience here on Eurobricks. If you have played many games, just mention the highlights.

Well I have played in quite some mafia games so far. Here you can see a brief summary of my mafia past:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=1561

Highlights have to be Sandys Hogwarts Mafia, being a true Harry Potter nerd, I just loved the setting. :grin: Jimbutchers Werewolf Mafia was another highlight for me. I messed up really bad because I told a certain someone I was bitten by a vampire...

Any conflicts for the next five weeks.

Nothing special planned for the next 5 weeks.

Your favorite Eurobricks Mafia false roleclaim. Anyone who can't come up with one will not be considered. If you aren't aware of the intricacies of Mafia strategy, you won't do well with this concept. But, inexperience will not count against you.

It might not be my most favorite false roleclaim. But it's the most recent one I heard. In the last Mafia Game I hosted one of the players, I won't mention names :wink: , was discovered to be a blocker. He was a member of team scum and he claimed to be a neutral blocker since the town already knew who was the town blocker.

Your favorite Eurobricks Mafia false roleclaim. Anyone who can't come up with one will not be considered. If you aren't aware of the intricacies of Mafia strategy, you won't do well with this concept. But, inexperience will not count against you.

It might not be my most favorite false roleclaim. But it's the most recent one I heard. In the last Mafia Game I hosted one of the players, I won't mention names :wink: , was discovered to be a blocker. He was a member of team scum and he claimed to be a neutral blocker since the town already knew who was the town blocker.

I wonder who this could be? :grin:

Oooh great, I could hardly wait for this one!!!

1. In brief, I've played 3 Mafia games: Scouty's Imperial Soldier's Mafia, your Fabuland Housewives and badboy's Yakuza Mafia and have ended up on the winning side on all three occasions, although I was shot down as Betsy Bunny in Fabuland Housewives. :cry_sad: I've presented a short summary of those games through my own eyes on my profile page.

2. No conflicts whatsoever, I'll be 100% available.

3. I'd go with Bob's roleclaim on the last day of the Yakuza Mafia. Or rather, roleclaims, since there's hardly something he didn't claim. :laugh: In terms of serious / effective roleclaims though, I thought Draggy did an absolutely great job in Baritones 3.

1. A brief history of your mafia experience here on Eurobricks. If you have played many games, just mention the highlights.
  2. Any conflicts for the next five weeks.
  3. Your favorite Eurobricks Mafia false roleclaim. Anyone who can't come up with one will not be considered. If you aren't aware of the intricacies of Mafia strategy, you won't do well with this concept. But, inexperience will not count against you.

1. I'm kind of new to this whole Mafia thing. :look:

2. Beef or chicken, I just can't decide.

3. I don't make false claims. I really am an unkillable FBI Agent/Investigator. Again.

-A brief history of your mafia experience here on Eurobricks. If you have played many games, just mention the highlights.

It's all on my profile. I've also hosted one mafia and I'm next in line to host another.

-Any conflicts for the next five weeks.

None

-Your favorite Eurobricks Mafia false roleclaim. Anyone who can't come up with one will not be considered. If you aren't aware of the intricacies of Mafia strategy, you won't do well with this concept. But, inexperience will not count against you.

It's nice to see that everyone likes my roleclaim, but I'd have to go with an oldie and say when Shadow's fooled most of us in Noir Mafia when he said he was a simple FBI Agent / Toaster Salesman. Like a dumb megablock, I told Legois I was a vigilante on Day Two, and lo and behold Shadows ran up to me and told me who to kill. I got uneasy by Night Four when I decided to try and kill Shadows, but Commander_Flash believed him until the end and protected Shadows. I at least was able to take out Legois (scum blocker) before Shadows realized he didn't have me in his pocket anymore and killed me on Night Five.

Me, me! :drool:

Mafia history:

I have been lucky enough to take part in Eurodina (a challenging first game), Werewolf (Harriet the Slut did all the hard work :blush:), The Forest (I still can’t believe that I was chosen to take part in this All-Star game!), Belleville (a great concept), The Baritones 3 (what a terrific scum team!), Prison Riot! (rotten luck!) and the Curse of Imhotep (curse the bwankie! :grin:)

Conflicts:

Sleep or Mafia?

Memorable false roleclaim:

Off the top of my head, in Werewolf Inconspicuous played a great “werewolf hunter turned town vigilante” :hmpf:, while in fact he was a werewolf bodyguard/killer and carried on until he was the last scum alive. He certainly deflected suspicion admirably for most of the game!

Edit: Just read Rick's sign-up, did Inky claim doctor? My memories are hazy -- in any case, he did so well!

1. I just graduated from Sandy's mafia school as the vigilante. Just in the first day I'd managed to form an alliance with the Doctor and Blocker, but disaster struck when because of dumb luck the doctor was blocked and I was killed. I still feel as though I've learned a lot though, and I've watched all the other recent Mafia games (except for Wicthbreed), so even though I don't have too much experience actually playing, I feel I still know what I'm doing (of course I'm a n00b though :tongue: ).

2. Not that I know of. If anything comes up though, I'll make sure to notify the host.

3. IMHOTEP was one of my favorite Mafia to watch, and I loved the "I was the scum killer, but now I'm neutral and want to help you" claim. I don't think I'd ever do something that ridiculous though. :laugh:

1. Played the scummy Prince Charming in Mafia School: A Bedtime Story. Before that, I was quite the lurker.

2. I should be free for the next five weeks, unless something extremely serious that I don't see coming comes up.

3. I have to agree with MetroiD and zakura. What Bob did in Yakuza Family was...interesting...but it has to be my favorite false roleclaim.