Stone Quarry, Isla de Victoria, near Fuerte Unido

Licensed claims:

Stone Quarry, Berreli, active mine

Iron, Ferro Azure, active mine

CopperOtono, mines in construction

Stone QuarryLa Sombra, mines in construction

Stone QuarryIsla de Victoria, active mine

Joint ventures:

Stone Quarry, Cocovia, near King's Harbour (50-50 with the Montoya Estate)

Monthly Revenue (see here):

51,25 DBs

27013019920_7abb044839_n.jpg

We are interested in buying both your prospecting scenes, your claims and your MOCed mines:

1. Prospecting scene only:

MOC of prospecting scene

- on Ferro Azure: 12 DBs

- on Isla Philip: 10 DBs

- on another Eslandolan island: 8 DBs

- anywhere else: 5 DBs

2. Mine type known:

(requires that the SetUp Cost of 25 DBs has already been paid)

Iron: 50 DBs

Gold: 45 DBs

Silver: 35 DBs

Mercury: 25 DBs

Copper: 20 DBs

Any other: 15 DBs

3. Mine has been MOCed:

Iron, Gold: +60 DBs

Silver, Mercury, Copper: +35 DBs

Other: +25 DBs

4. Mine has been licensed:

We pay the full licensing fee on top (e.g. +75 DBs for salt).

Example:

* You have MOCed a prospecting scene on Nellisa. We would pay 8 DBs (Eslandolan island).

* You decide to pay 25 DBs and wait for the result. It's an iron mine. We would now pay 50 DBs (that is your 25 plus an additional 25).

* You decide to MOC it. We would now pay 110 DBs.

* You decide to license it yourself (cost: 75 DBs). We would now pay you 170 DBs. You decide to keep it.

* Three months later you finally decide to sell it. We will still pay the 170 DBs.

26971315203_83a74bb7b4_n.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

The Montoya Estate should like to inquire if the Fontonajo Mining Ventures is interested in a different kind of venture.

Fine granite for building has been found on Cocovia, and the Governor is looking for a contractor to set up the mine. (Basicly, just supply the MOC).

We shall be looking forward to hearing from you.

Ibn al'Sayeed

Dear Ibn al'Sayeed,

your proposal sounds quite attractive. I would like to suggest a slight alteration to do our strong business bonds justice.

The Fontonajo Mining ventures would like to offer you 40 DBs as well as the setup of the quarry (i.e. the MOC) in return for a 50% share in the yields (5 DBs per month).

You would be able to settle all further licensing aspects with your local authorities in Cocovia a lot more efficient than we, who would be but strangers to your island.

We are looking forward to your response to our proposal.

Juan Alfonso Fontonajo

Dear J. A. Fontonajo,

Your counterproposal is a fair as ti is wise, and we ask that you proceed with this venture as it becomes convenient for you and your business.

Sincerely

Ibn al'Sayeed

Dear Ibn al'Sayeed,

unfortunately I have to inform you that my people did not manage to set up the granite quarry in time.

I am afraid that our business will not be able to earn us profit next month.

Of course the Fontonajo family will compensate your losses by passing up on the first monthly income after construction has been finished.

My kindest apologies

Juan Alfonso Fontonajo

Dear J. A. Fontonajo,

While my master in no way finds you obliged to such amends, he wishes to inform you that donations of any size to the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy are always welcome, and will help further enlightenment throughout New Terra.

Best regards

Ibn al'Sayeed

Dear Ibn al'Sayeed,

I have received notice from my chief mining officer that the granite quarry has been freed of all the

undergrowth, and that our men are now ready to get the stones rolling - towards King's Harbour.

As a compensation for the delay I have sent three months worth of our estimated income to the

Royal Society of Natural Philosophy.

I assume you are going to claim the license for the quarry, as you have already bought the claim

for your prospecting efforts?

My warmest regards from the Castillo of Nova Terreli

Juan Alfonso Fontonajo

28191172173_6ab3d95f95.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Dear J. A.,

I write to you personally this time to thank you for the donation to the Royal Society. Your contribution to science, and thus the understanding of the world around us, is yet another testament to your gentlemanly character. We thank you of all our hearts, and, more importantly, minds.

Al'Sayeed has taken care of the paperwork, and the quarry should now be properly licensed with the authorities. If you will confirm the transfer of 40 dbs to my accounts, I would be most grateful.

Captain Cooke tells me that the granite is already starting to flow into the city, allowing him to continue with his plans for the settlement. For now, stone quays are under construction following his grand scheme. We very much look forward to our continued cooperation.

As for our maritime cooperation, I have yet to recieve any news, but will update you as soon as the news are in.

Sincerely

Don Isaac Montoya

Chairman, RS

PS. As I am finishing this letter, unsettling rumours of a coup in Nelissa has reached me. I trust and hope that you are unscathed, and that order will be restored to your fine colony. I am still planning on visiting the settlement, but hope to do so in times of peace and freedom.

Edited by Bregir