Superkalle

LDD Manager 0.99 released (with 4.2.5 support)

Hello everyone

OK, after some intensive work mapping the new bricks in 4.2.5 to BrickLink counterparts, here is LDD Manager 0.99!

LDDmanagerStartScreen.png

New features in this release:

- Full support for 4.2.5

Or rather for the bricks that existed in BrickLink as per today, January 20th. For example there was a few Collectible Minifigs series 6 utils that weren't yet parted out at BL, and those are therefore not included. But otherwise it's all there.

- Color substitution analysis.

This is kind of a cool feature. If you've ever had a MOC or official set, and wondered if any of the colors can be changed to something else, this is for you. A typical scenario would be that you've made a MOC with some nice trimming in some color. Now you wonder, can ALL those parts be replaced by an other color, for example Red or Lime. Or if you have a set, like the 3177, and wonder which other colors that can be built in.

- Similar part info

If you've used a part in LDD that gives you a warning "Color does not exist", then this feature will search the database if there is any similar LDD part that exist in that color, and you'll be notified. Basically what this does it bridge over similar parts in LDD, for example 60212 and 3788. It will also give you a warning if you do the classic mistake of using the 3066 1x4 Brick without pins instead of the 3010 with pins.

- More advanced batch LXF replace

I added the possibility to use color as criteria when batch replacing or deleting bricks from an LXF-file. It's not a feature you would probably use very often, but if you need it, it will save a lot of time.

- Updated Brick and Color reference info

LDD Manager has a very accurate and up to date BrickLink to LDD color mapping. It also has the only search function that I know of that allows you to find bricks based on their attributes (i.e "which bricks have a 3.2 mm bar AND a Technic Hole).

I'd like to take the opportunity to say a big thanks to Aanchir who helped me to map all the new decorations to BL counterparts, and to Bojan for some other help. :classic:

Download

Download LDD Manager here. And be sure to check for updates now and then.

And as usuall - if you find any bugs or miss some feature - let me know.

Hello everyone

OK, after some intensive work mapping the new bricks in 4.2.5 to BrickLink counterparts, here is LDD Manager 0.99!

Thank you very much! I had just finished building up a model with 4.2.5 and imported it into a slightly older version of LDD Manager, it was missing brick #94148. Came here and found the new version which imported the model no problem.

cheers - mark

Thank you very much! I had just finished building up a model with 4.2.5 and imported it into a slightly older version of LDD Manager, it was missing brick #94148. Came here and found the new version which imported the model no problem.

cheers - mark

Great!

And thanks for letting me know. It's my reward :classic:

Great!

And thanks for letting me know. It's my reward :classic:

I'm making up my Bricklink order and found a bug in LDD Manager. It imports BL ItemID #194 - 'Nozzle' to BL ItemID # 4210 - 'String Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Drum'. LDD Shows the nozzle as Part #4210.

cheers - mark

Need a little help fellows. BTW, thanks for your past efforts with LDD Manager. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the new version. However, when I tried to import an LDD model I got an error message - "13 - Type Mismatch" - and the file would not load. Not being an Access expert, I have no idea what to do next to fix it. So I ask for your suggestions.

Need a little help fellows. BTW, thanks for your past efforts with LDD Manager. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the new version. However, when I tried to import an LDD model I got an error message - "13 - Type Mismatch" - and the file would not load. Not being an Access expert, I have no idea what to do next to fix it. So I ask for your suggestions.

Yes, many, many thanks for all your effort and for producing this useful tool. Unfortunately I can't import any models into 0.99 either and I'm getting the same "13 - Type Mismatch" error message.

I'm using the Access 2003 runtime from your skydrive under Win XP. Version 0.98 works fine.

Edited by That Lego Chap

Yes, many, many thanks for all your effort and for producing this useful tool. Unfortunately I can't import any models into 0.99 either and I'm getting the same "13 - Type Mismatch" error message.

I'm using the Access 2003 runtime from your skydrive under Win XP. Version 0.98 works fine.

OK, I'll look right into it.

Can you (or alan-muhl) make the LXF you are importing available to me please

OK, I'll look right into it.

Can you (or alan-muhl) make the LXF you are importing available to me please

Gosh, that was quick! - many thanks for such a speedy response.

I'm getting this message with all .lxf files, even ones saved directly from the LDD preinstalled models without modification.

If I click on "reimport", I can also generate a runtime class 430 error (Class does not support automation).

I've attached a simple .lxf file saved from LDD 4.2.5.

Not sure if this link helps (I'm no Access guru either) but it just might have relevance: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=212936

TestFile.lxf

Edited by That Lego Chap

I'm investigating futher

Can you please help me with:

1) What operating system are you using

2) Do you have any other version of MS Office installed?

3) Can you try to re-install the Access 2003 runtime

Thanks

I'm investigating futher

Can you please help me with:

1) What operating system are you using

2) Do you have any other version of MS Office installed?

3) Can you try to re-install the Access 2003 runtime

Thanks

Apologies for any delay in replying.

1) WinXP SP3

2) Office Pro 2002 (so Access 2002 is installed (but NOT running) concurrently)

3) On a second machine running XP SP3 but without any version of MSOffice, a clean install of Access 2003 runtime & LDD Manager 099 produces exactly the same set of error messages (this is what I wanted to try before replying, to avoid you having to chase red herrings, hence the delay).

Using Access 2003 runtime, LDD Manager 098 runs perfectly on both systems, so I don't think having Access 2002 installed concurrently with Access 2003 runtime is relevant to the problem. Neither version of LDD Manager will run under Access 2002 (which I can't upgrade because that will break something else).

Might I suggest looking at any code/scripts which you have changed in v099 as I suspect that's what's breaking the application.

Many thanks for looking into this.

Best regards

John

Edited by That Lego Chap

Apologies for any delay in replying.

1) WinXP SP3

2) Office Pro 2002 (so Access 2002 is installed (but NOT running) concurrently)

3) On a second machine running XP SP3 but without any version of MSOffice, a clean install of Access 2003 runtime & LDD Manager 099 produces exactly the same set of error messages (this is what I wanted to try before replying, to avoid you having to chase red herrings, hence the delay).

Using Access 2003 runtime, LDD Manager 098 runs perfectly on both systems, so I don't think having Access 2002 installed concurrently with Access 2003 runtime is relevant to the problem. Neither version of LDD Manager will run under Access 2002 (which I can't upgrade because that will break something else).

Might I suggest looking at any code/scripts which you have changed in v099 as I suspect that's what's breaking the application.

Many thanks for looking into this.

Best regards

John

Thanks a lot for those clearifications.

I'll keep looking into it...this MUST be solved, right :laugh:

Thanks a lot for those clearifications.

I'll keep looking into it

Once again, many thanks for all your hard work and effort.

Let me know if I can help by testing anything.

John

I'm not sure the compare models feature is entirely working (or possibly I'm using it wrong). If two models have the same piece but differ only by quantity it doesn't show up in the results. It's the first time I've really tried this in anger, so I don't know if the same happened previously. I've worked around it by just copy/pasting the BoMs for the models into Excel and doing a comparison there, but it'd be a lot easier if LDDManager was showing these instead.

I'm not sure the compare models feature is entirely working (or possibly I'm using it wrong). If two models have the same piece but differ only by quantity it doesn't show up in the results. It's the first time I've really tried this in anger, so I don't know if the same happened previously. I've worked around it by just copy/pasting the BoMs for the models into Excel and doing a comparison there, but it'd be a lot easier if LDDManager was showing these instead.

There is a function that will do what you want (and more) - it's the Model Comonality Analysis. It allows you to compare not only two models, but as many as you like.

1) First add the models you want to compare to Groups (there is a tab in the Main List of models). You can create your own groups if you want.

2) Then start Model Comonality Analysis and the select that group

3) Now enjoy the report with statistics and all :classic:

(PS: I might remove the Compare Models feature as it may just be confusing and is a subset of the above feature)

Short status update: I've managed to reprodcue the Error 13 - Type Mismatch myself and found the cause. Aarrgghh MS.

A new versin will be out shortly, in a matter of days.

It became hours.

OK, please try the new version 0.99b, see if it works.

(same download location as earlier versions).

Wow, that was fast!

A quick initial test shows that you have indeed fixed the bug for computers running XP SP3. It works both with a clean install of MSA2003 runtime and with an install over a previous full version of Access.

So a live update to your system broke your previously-working code for all computers running prior versions of Windows when you recompiled it? D**n Microsoft!.

There's also a world of difference in the speed with which M*******t issue fixes for reported bugs!!

Many, many thanks.

John

Edited by That Lego Chap

It became hours.

OK, please try the new version 0.99b, see if it works.

(same download location as earlier versions).

The fix worked like a charm. All of us LDD users are in your debt. Many thanks.

Do you know what would cause an "Error: 5 - Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server" error when clicking the step 1 upload to bricklink?

Edit: nevermind... It was my computer... :sweet:

I am getting an error though still when trying to export to an xls file...

Error: 429 Active X can't component can't create object... if I click ok, I get another error, error 91 object variable or with block variable not set...

Any ideas what these are caused by?

Edited by SuperSirLink

I am getting an error though still when trying to export to an xls file...

Error: 429 Active X can't component can't create object... if I click ok, I get another error, error 91 object variable or with block variable not set...

Any ideas what these are caused by?

Probably some version issue. I developed in Access 2003, and I'm guessing you're running some other version. I'll have a look at it. In the meantime, you can actually just copy/paste into Excel from LDD Manager. Simply select all the rows you want to copy and paste in excel.

EDIT: I like your username. Everyone tells me mine is really corny with that "super" in it, but now I see there is another one :laugh:

Hello everybody. I can't import any models, it just says a bunch of numbers and then the -could not delete from specified tables ... Please help thislooks awesome!

Hi Zorkalor. First of all, you only need to post in one topic. Otherwise it's called cross-posting :wink:

About the errors, can you take screenshots of them and post here, or tell me which they are.

Also, make sure you have closed all Access instances (use Task Manager) to force close them.

Hello everybody. I can't import any models, it just says a bunch of numbers and then the -could not delete from specified tables ... Please help thislooks awesome!

I'm having the same issue. My error box reads:

-2147467259- Could not delete from specified tables.

Also, make sure you have closed all Access instances (use Task Manager) to force close them.

I tried this method but it didn't work as only one Access instance was running.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Grazal Thruka