Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Beacon of Ondylion

Beacon of Ondylion

From Ondylion to Valholl there is a line-up with beacons. This way when Valholl calls for aid, Ondylion will answer! And this way it's way faster than sending a messenger.

These beacons are guarded by Elon Chorians men. With every beacon comes at least three guards and a wolf. Those wolfs will notice anyone who comes near the beacon uninvited. And if the beacon really is in danger there is a bell. So they can sound the alarm and there will be support in no-time! (yes it's based on lotr :wink:)

6882927148_20f8a99db0_z.jpg

6882932452_2fcd0bc89b_n.jpg6882931080_3eff9e935c_n.jpg

Other views.

6882936228_d604e32a98_z.jpg

Guards close-up

7029029207_e60ca84fe8_z.jpg

How does the beacon works: Pile of wood with above that a basket filled with oil. Above the basket is a small fire. If the beacon should be lit, just cut done the rope and there will be a huge fire.

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Great work again Ecclesiastes :thumbup: , with builds like this it won't be long before Mitgardia is back in the lead :classic:

Actually it is not (only) based on lotr. It is based mainly on the beacons of the tibetan monks. (and also in ancient china)

Very clever and clean build indeed!

Edited by timura

Actually it is not (only) based on lotr.

I thought it was based on my Mt Agnathka watchtower :tongue:

But seriously, really nice job with this. I like the way the pathway turned out. The tree branches on their sides make realistic bushes. And that little campfire is great!

We var officialy Gondor, I name Avalonia Rohan, Kaliphlin Harad and Noctornus Mordor :3

Excellent, I was actually planning to do this myself, but I'm sure your's is better.

EDIT:

7029871597_2e86558c78_z.jpg

The Green tree of Mitgardia by Jakon B.Rytight, on Flickr

Need I say more? :3

Edited by Jakon

Thanks guys!

Actually it is not (only) based on lotr. It is based mainly on the beacons of the tibetan monks. (and also in ancient china)

Very clever and clean build indeed!

I did not know that, but it's fun to know now :wink:

We var officialy Gondor, I name Avalonia Rohan, Kaliphlin Harad and Noctornus Mordor :3

Excellent, I was actually planning to do this myself, but I'm sure your's is better.

Go a head an make one your self! We need free-builds and having some different beacons would be nice!

yeah, Mitgardian freebuilds!! Great one again Ecclesiastes, very nice look but not overly complicated, well photographed and quite an inspirations to go for more smaller mocs. In short: I love it!!!

As for freebuilds, my Valholl extension ought to be finished within the next few days!

Love this little moc! So may details in such a little moc!! :wub: The small path between the rocks is great!

Great work on this one! You make Mitgardia proud (and all of GoH of course! :classic: )

Lovely architecture and that's a great idea about how the fire is started! The only thing is...it's a bit small is it not? Other than that, fantastic work! :thumbup:

Lovely architecture and that's a great idea about how the fire is started! The only thing is...it's a bit small is it not? Other than that, fantastic work! :thumbup:

Maybe it does feel a bit small. But it isn't that much smaller than the ones from the lotr! movie! :classic:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Such a beautiful little build! Perfect balance of economy and detail. :thumbup: I love the triple corner columns with the diamond ornamentation at the top, and the wooden circlets on the roof. The bell with the steps is a lovely touch too. Great stuff! :classic:

Edited by gabe