JamesBenjamin

MOC: Jurassic Park T-Rex enclosure with goat

I watched Jurassic Park (actually all 3) in the same weekend I picked up Dino Defense HQ and after snapping a pic of Rexie with a goat in his mouth, I decided I had to build a place for him to chow down. Nothing fancy, but I had fun messing around with it, especially the varied plant life. Please click through to Flicker for more views/pictures. Here's a framed teaser, followed by one of the whole thing:

6846063766_aa1b314c79.jpg

6846063560_4d3504bf17.jpg

Link to the photo set on Flicker

I really like this moc. I love all the different greens and browns.

It adds more depth to it, rather than green everywhere.

The goat is just funny too. :tongue:

Brick on.

Blue Brick

Edited by The Blue Brick

That's an awesome build! Though I wonder how many people will actually remember that scene in the movie... :look: people don't seem to watch the classics anymore. :sad:

I think I was about 5 when I watched the movie in the cinema, when that goat leg landed on the roof of the car I almost cried, you took me back about 20 years with one perrfect image :thumbup:

I'm glad everyone liked it! It was by far my favorite scene in the movie.

And I did start it just messing around with the brick elements, to see what patterns would work.

Some other minor things that might not be noticeable otherwise:

The goat's pedestal is on two jumper tiles so that it can be at an angle, and Rex's one foot is on a small turntable (the 2x2 size) so that I could angle him differently. His other foot has a single 1/1 round tile holding it in place.

Oh cool! Very nice MOC, such a perfect replica of that scene. I just re-watched Jurassic Park the movie, made in 1993 but the dinosaurs are still so good, so real!

The new dinosaurs were just begging to be used in a JP MOC, and the execution of this is perfect. Love it.

Hahaha glad to see your fantastic MOC. Especially since you put in the goat. :grin:

That's been my complaint about the official Dino HQ - Obvious Jurassic Park dino pen , but no munchable goats, and no way to get goats without buying an expensive village-y castle set. Questionable overlap in audience :wink:

Great creation! The fence is well done as is all the folige. The close-up adds a lot to the moc :thumbup:

I was just waiting for someone to use those new LEGO goats for this. :grin:

A splendid MOC, the new Tyrannosaur from the DINO line is probably the nicest one TLG has ever made. I think all of the new dinosaurs from the DINO line work well in Jurassic Park creations.

The fence is nicely built and I also like the foliage scattered around. :thumbup:

Nice MOC! :thumbup:

I love the way the Tyrannosaurus Rex is looking at the goat. Now I'm probably going to end up buying a T-Rex on BL...

"T-Rex doesn't want to be fed he wants to HUNT"

Well done, excellently captured the moment!

Edited by vynsane

An epic scene from a revolutionary movie, I remember the first time I saw the t rex in the movie, I had like 6

That is pretty cool. I love the how your MOC seems to have a lot of depth like a really dense jungle and I really love that new Lego T-Rex. :classic: