Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Killing the Dead Contest Discussion

skellies.jpg

Sparked by the Great Goblin Debate this contest asks How do you kill something that's already dead? And that is the basic premise of the contest. Build a vig showing how to kill a skellie or two or however many you'd like.

For a more detailed history: The Frisian asked "How DO you beat a Skellie??? It has no vital organs and is already dead, even if you smash its bones, wouldn't it just put itself together again?"

to which Sinner replied "I'm a big nerd! I have this book AD&D DM Guide 1979...blah blah blah"

and Batbrick said something in there somewhere...

Contest Rules:

1. Vig must be built on and 8x8 base, overlap to your heart's content-if you don't have an 8x8 base-make one!
  2. Only LEGO elements, no imitation brands
  3. Custom pieces and decals are permitted
  4. Each entry must be about killing a skellie, but you don't necessarily need to have a skellie, be creative.
  5. Entry must be new, not built before the start of this contest
  6. Winner will be decided by poll
  7. Deadline for entries-November 13, 2007
  8. Plus any rules I forgot :-$

Entries:

1. Only one entry per member.
  2. Digital entries acceptable!
  3. Six pics per entry-the first pic posted should be the one you want in the collage...if not-denote which one you want in the collage.
  4. If you can, keep photo dpi to 72 and widest dimension to 650 px
  5. entries can be chronological and tell a story.

Prize:

A Hinckley-made avatar! *sweet* that's good right? :-/ ... right? :'-(

Post your entries here

Have fun!! :-P

Great contest idea Hinckley! *y*

I have a few ideas, I'll get working on them, but seriously, how many contests are we running here? :-P

Goodluck to all who enter!

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

EDIT: To be accurate Hinckley, I was the one who first asked the "how do you kill a skellie?" question, just look a few posts above TheFrisian's!

Edited by Batbrick

EDIT: To be accurate Hinckley, I was the one who first asked the "how do you kill a skellie?" question, just look a few posts above TheFrisian's!

I knew you were going to say that. Sorry :-$ I just liked the way TheFrisian phrased it better...I'll edit the first post to give you due credit.

I knew you were going to say that. Sorry :-$ I just liked the way TheFrisian phrased it better...I'll edit the first post to give you due credit.

He did phrase it better, I was just joking! X-D Again though, great contest idea! *y*

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

Hmmm.... this sounds fun! *sweet*

I think this is a great idea, killing skellies is so much fun! *skull* (I hope I don't sound too insane from that statement, can't have you all finding out about that to early! *wacko* (insert insane laugh) :-D 8-|

I'll see what I can think up!

Aren't we really killing the UNdead? *skull* (which I find more than a bit rude, to be perfectly honest, but I'm going to let it pass ... this time) *wacko*

Great idea for a contest and your example vig sets a high bar. That's a very nice chipper/shredder, I am so stealing that for something. *y*

Oh, and you've been Billboard o' Doomified! :-)

Nice contest idea *y* ... I already have some thoughts running wild in my brain *wacko*

Btw, nice introduction vig; is it something from the Universal Soldiers movie with VanDamme or is it only coincidence :-$ ?

LuxorV

Woo! I want to enter straight away, but if I want any chance of winning, I'll need to think of a creative way of killing... I'll definately be entering though! Great contest Hinckley! *y* :-D

Nice contest idea *y* ... I already have some thoughts running wild in my brain *wacko*

Btw, nice introduction vig; is it something from the Universal Soldiers movie with VanDamme or is it only coincidence :-$ ?

LuxorV

Ha! Guilty pleasure: I love movies featuring Dolph Lungren! :-$ But Universal Soldier...hmmm...I don't remember a wood chipping scene in that. I remember one with Steve Buscemi in Fargo! *sweet*

I think they were quite cheap tools those days: there's one in Universal Soldiers (on second thought, it could be more a harvester :-$ ), in the end when they are in VanDamme's parents farm, and also one in Rumble in the Bronx (with Jackie Chan).

LuxorV

Damn ye!

I dont think I have an 8x8 base anywhere, ye meanies. I shall have to try and find one or forfeit.

well you can use 8 2 x 4 bricks connected with 4 x 4 plates down the center underneath and 2 x 8 plates on the outside... :-$

So... how 'bout those digital entries for us cheapskates without a camera? :-$

Edited by imperialshadows

Never seen a vignette contest where any 8x8 surface wasn't fair game, so build one out of 4x8's or whatever you have on hand. *y*

Gott in himmel! You're right there old boy! I was thinking I needed that EXACT green 8x8 piece. Thanks! I shall begin my evil plotting right away!

So... how 'bout those digital entries for us cheapskates without a camera? :-$

Sure! X-D

Gott in himmel! You're right there old boy! I was thinking I needed that EXACT green 8x8 piece. Thanks! I shall begin my evil plotting right away!

Good point. It actually doesn't even have to be green, it can be any 8 x 8 base, constructed however you choose... *sweet* *y*

Huzzah for a Hinckley made avatar, It's about time I got an avatar...... :-D

Nice idea Hinckley!

Edited by Lord Of Pies

My vig's made, just need to take crappy phone pics (:-|), upload them, then post them here! :-D

~Peace

EDIT: Posted in the entry thread! Good luck to the other contestants!

Edited by iamded

My vig's made, just need to take crappy phone pics (:-|), upload them, then post them here! :-D

~Peace

EDIT: Should this be pinned? And will there be another thread for entries? Anyway, here's mine:

Folder when public.

Already, huh? Yikes! All right, I better post an entry thread. Post the entry there, iamded...

Okay (not ok-ey) dokey. This is a competition idea I like, so I couldn't wait to enter. :-D

~Peace

Okay (not ok-ey) dokey. This is a competition idea I like, so I couldn't wait to enter. :-D

~Peace

You're all good buddy! I'm glad you're excited. Cool entry! *sweet* *y* Fried skelly!! 8-|

Does killing the dead include whacking them?

I would think it depends on what you whack them with.

Feather duster *n*

Aircraft carrier *y*

;-)

One question: shouldn't it be "Kill the Undead" ? Not to be pragmatic but you can't kill what is already dead :-P

G after that many similar contests, its going to be tough to find a fresh idea |-/ But I'm always up to the challenge and I have the perfect idea :-P

So let the killing begin !!

*yoda*

I just thought of mine, but it will have to wait until after the Smackdown...

to which Sinner replied "I'm a big nerd! I have this book AD&D DM Guide 1979...blah blah blah"

...and proud of it! :-D