WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

gallery_2351_109_198114.jpg

The Contest:

Hey everyone, do you remember the past exciting LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 Town Building Contest and the dynamic LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest? The long awaited sequel is back and it is bigger than ever before! To celebrate the ongoing excitement of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 continuation, Eurobricks is proud to present the third brand new installment of this challenging building contest for the month of February. So, come on and join in the fun.

What You're Building

We are opening 2 major Building Categories for our Eurobricks Community. It's much more challenging and exciting than before. More importantly, we want to see your imagination guide your building inspiration.

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 3. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Category B - Build an Interaction Vignette between Minifigures Series 1, 2 & 3

Build an 16x16 vignette from any theme where you could display one of the minifigure inside Series 1 and Series 2, together interacting with an imaginary minifigure inside Series 3. As long as your vignette is able to show the interaction between these three series, then you are on the right track. Take this opportunity to build and write a good original storyline to impress us. Anything is possible.

Where would you display one of these in the above categories?

gallery_2351_109_63637.jpg

Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper

Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 3 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 3 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the microphone, but not new ones from Series 3 like the longbow, for example. Please note Series 1 and 2 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  14. The contest begins now and will end on the 14th of March, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  15. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  16. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

Category B - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 16 studs by 16 studs (No height limit).
  2. You are required to write a storyline background to explain the vignette interaction story between the selected minifigures in Series 1 and Series 2, followed by the imaginary minifigure from Series 3.
  3. The chosen minifigure from Series 1 and Series 2 is required to be shown in the entry, while the imaginary minifigure from Series 3 is not allow to be seen in the entry.
  4. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigure accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  5. You may use the same type of minifigure from your previous categories.
  6. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any theme is allowed as long you are able to relate the interaction between both minifigs from different series.
  7. No Series 3 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 3 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the microphone, but not new ones from Series 3 like the longbow, for example. Please note Series 1 and 2 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  8. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  9. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  10. No placeholder minifigure (Series 3) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  11. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  12. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  13. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  14. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  15. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 14th of March, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting.

Members who join after the start of competition may enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

No LDD entries for any category.

The Prizes!

After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top 7 vote receivers for each category will be declared the winners. Once they have sent their name/address to DarkFang. He will ship out their wonderful prizes. What wonderful prizes, you ask? Well, TLG has generously sponsored these new lovely minifigures from Series 3 while Eurobricks sponsored all handling/shipping costs.

gallery_2351_109_35482.jpg

Category A prizes [based on 1 complete set and random Series 3 minifigures]

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set and 2 random Series 3 minifigures.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

7th place: 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

Category B prizes [based on 1 complete set and random Series 3 minifigures]

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set and 2 random Series 3 minifigures.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set and 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

7th place: 1 random Series 3 minifigure.

*Important: All prizes are not in their sealed packet. All accessories will be included in the shipping*

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

WhiteFang

Edited by WhiteFang
Re-allocation of prize pool

1st place: A choice of 5 of the new collectable minifigures from that set.

2nd place: A choice of 4 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

3rd place: A choice of 3 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

4th place: A choice of 2 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

5th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigures from that set.

6th place: A choice of 1 of the remaining new collectable minifigure from that set.

That adds up to 16 minifigures: 5+4+3+2+1+1 = 16. So the last line should read "The last remaining new collectible minifigure from that set" or, alternatively, "The Sumo Wrestler". :tongue:

That adds up to 16 minifigures: 5+4+3+2+1+1 = 16. So the last line should read "The last remaining new collectible minifigure from that set" or, alternatively, "The Sumo Wrestler". :tongue:

Smart alec. It suppose to meant for the participants to decipher on their own. Anyway, I am very certain the remaining minifigure will not be Sumo Wrestler. It could be anything.

I'll try Category A and C, maybe...

I can't wait to see what the pros will come up with for this series.

This competition sounds great. I can't help thinking about the possibilities for A, B anc C so i'm going to try and make this the first comp that i've entered (member for 3 years!).

Are LDD entries allowed?

It is a building contest. Therefore, LDD entries is not allowed. Thanks.

C could be hard, because something politically incorrect in one country might be different from what's politically incorrect in a different country. But we'll see what people come up with. :laugh:

I'm definitely up for A and B. I'll have to see how much time I have before the deadline to see if I'll get to C.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I've entered the C so far hope you like! :sweet:

:laugh:

Those are absolutely wicked! :thumbup:

Entries out of that category are going to be quite interesting...

Great contest! I'll definitely enter A.

I knew there would be another one of these, and have been think about it for a while...still don't know what to do..

part C is a pleasant surprise

Thank you for the contest! :classic:

I've entered the C so far hope you like! :sweet:

That was a surprise! Didn't expect to see an entry up so soon. You certainly grasp the meaning of inappropriateness. :tongue:

Good luck.

That was a surprise! Didn't expect to see an entry up so soon. You certainly grasp the meaning of inappropriateness. :tongue:

Good luck.

You have to be quick with these things or some other sicko will do it first. :grin:

You have to be quick with these things or some other sicko will do it first. :grin:

Yeah, like you, I had been working on my entry today and was about to post when I saw yours... some are pretty much similar I had a few more ideas (flickr) but wanted to stick with these ones. It's all good.

Inappropriate minds think alike :wub:

I am mostly interested to see the expected twisted entries of Category C. And guess what, mere hours after the announcement was made, we already have two entries. Talk about how easy it is to come up with things inappropriate. :devil: (Great lightning-quick entries TazManiac and Izzy! :thumbup:)

I am really very surprised of how fast Category C entries is coming about. There are going to be plentiful of unexpected twists in this Category. :laugh:

Nice one, Izzy. :thumbup:

Oh I thought we could do ONE picture plus two so a total of three, but should the total be six? *huh*

I have updated the image rules for Category C,

One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing all of the inappropriate minifigures together on the minifigure black baseplate that is part of the Collectable Minifigures Series. You may include up to an optional of 4 more images showing a close up of the 4 inappropriate minifigures following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.

Participants, please take note.

Finally! :grin: Now to think of some good ideas for A and B... Even though I've had it in the back of my mind for several weeks already, I just can't seem to settle on anything :sceptic:. Well nothing's better to get the mind going than a deadline :laugh:

Well I'll certainly enter this contest. Now I can finally unleash all the disturbing ideas I never dreamt of making in LEGO! :devil::laugh:

I'll certainly enter category C and maybe one of the others aswell. Just one question, the minifigures do have to be yellow right? (or are all tones of flesh allowed aswell?)

TT

Nice to see this competition popping up again. I didn't attend the first two, but I will attend this 3th one. Probably category B, and if my mind and time allows also C.

Besides that I already got a small question for category A&B (as they are quite similar in rules). The end of rule 5 (in cat. A and rule 7 in cat. B) says:

Please note Series 1 and 2 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.

Can we use these parts besides the chosen figure. If I, for example, pick the diver from Series 1, can I also add the pompom's from the same Series?

I think the answer is yes, but to be sure..

Edit: And already two excellent entry's for cat. C! I had a big laugh about them! :laugh:

Edited by kciR

Got some initial idea for (part of) Category C, but a question: Is it allowed to use PARTS of official TLG stickers, or the excess stuff between or around the actual stickers on a sticker sheet? :classic: