Masked Builder

[MOC] Defend The Beacon!

gallery_101_23_281.gif

6008579042_1c59f4fb53_o.jpg

Receiving Mission 9.3 Log.....

Log Received.

Begin Mission Log:

We made it outside the ship and a fierce fight ensued. Droids were coming from everywhere. We should have had another trooper. It's too bad we didn't have one. Maybe I'll try to get another.....

My men didn't make it out of this in one piece. It'll be good fro them to get their rest. I'll be happy once this mission is over. I hate the cold.

End Mission Log

Transmission Ended

6008560212_3287ded0aa_o.jpg

6008012807_c110f0445b_o.jpg

6008012775_167497d45d_o.jpg

6008012683_a70f2f414a_o.jpg

6008559878_53544318f5_o.jpg

6008559808_a43865862d_o.jpg

6008560104_2f9c8e5a8b_o.jpg

Beacon off.

6008560164_8b819a47e2_o.jpg

Beacon on.

This was a very fun build. I started with the light function and just went from there. You have no idea how much cooler this is in person. Showing the beacon's light function. A fairly simple working idea. Just a rod that goes through the base and presses on the light brick. And trust me, this looks a lot better in person.

Since I can't embedded the video. Here's a link of the working light function.

Flickr

Built August 2011

Comments and ideas on how to improve this are quite welcome! :sweet:

The second I saw this it immediately reminds me of crack down 2. They have beacons that you have to protect until they power up, and this scene is spot on to that.

Was the game any inspiration?

I really like how you did the beacon, the right amount of trans red studs and just enough light.

Very Very nice Masked Builder :thumbup:. A nice action scene despite only having 1 droid :laugh:. I like the beacon it's a clever idea.

Great work incorporating the light brick, Masked! Your posing is also great as always. :thumbup: Though I must ask, what is that large grey...thing? :blush:

Thanks everyone!

Was the game any inspiration?

I really like how you did the beacon, the right amount of trans red studs and just enough light.

Actually no. I'd never even heard of it before now. :laugh::blush:

Thanks!

Great work incorporating the light brick, Masked! Your posing is also great as always. :thumbup: Though I must ask, what is that large grey...thing? :blush:

part of one of these. :wink:

I like the gangsta' droid.

Gangsta' droid?

part of one of these. :wink:

Ah. I must admit, even knowing what it is, I can't tell what it is just by looking at it, though seeing as it's just part of the backdrop for the action in the vig, that's okay.

Ah. I must admit, even knowing what it is, I can't tell what it is just by looking at it, though seeing as it's just part of the backdrop for the action in the vig, that's okay.

It's not supposed to be a specific bit, just a chunk that fell off the ship as it crashed.

What is the rubber band doing holding the clones arm on?

Thanks! That's his cast. He was wounded in my first vig.

I misread the title as "Defend the BACON" and spent the whole time confused about where the bacon was. Silly me :grin:

Good MOC you got here :thumbup:

I misread the title as "Defend the BACON" and spent the whole time confused about where the bacon was. Silly me :grin:

See the grey wheel? It's full of freshly cut bacon. All red and bloody. :devil_laugh:

Another one from you in such a short while.

Don't forget to live,eat and sleep :laugh:

Good job as usual.

See the grey wheel? It's full of freshly cut bacon. All red and bloody. :devil_laugh:

:rofl:

Another one from you in such a short while.

Don't forget to live,eat and sleep :laugh:

Good job as usual.

Oh don't worry I do. :tongue:

But thanks!

I won't have anymore to build for another three weeks. :cry_sad: