maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

This looks great!! I love seeing huge medieval layouts, and this starting to look promising. I would build one myself, but the lack of bricks are holding me back; possibly in the future!

Maybe you could have the village inside the outer wall of the castle? Just ideas, but good luck on your project. :classic:

I get the distinct feeling that this will be on epic build. I am impressed with the landscape alone so I can only imagine the awesomeness of the build as you continue. There are so many things that can be done. Please update a lot so we can all see this take shape!

... Maybe you could have the village inside the outer wall of the castle? Just ideas, but good luck on your project. :classic:

This would be another nice idea but the village and the castle are stand alone structures. A wall around them will destroy the free landscape view.

Ok after a short week with very short evenings to build the next step was finishing the ground and the way over the river, a bridge. The bridge should be build with a roof and there are at least two versions. What would you say? I like the second one.

1. version

img_6252.jpg

2. version

img_6253.jpg

img_6254.jpg

img_6256.jpg

Both look identical? Unless you meant the color of the wood. Well I like the second one better too. The first one looks like part of it has been burnt and never repaired.

I think the second looks better. If it's standing right next to a castle, it better be in good repair! default_tong.gif

This looks like an epic project! Keep us informed, please! :thumbup:

Edited by Artifex

This looks like it is going to be a real massive medieval project. I could see the landscape being form up slowly. :sweet:

Both look identical? Unless you meant the color of the wood. Well I like the second one better too. The first one looks like part of it has been burnt and never repaired.

The difference between them was the steps of the roof on both ends and the colour of the tiles. The black tiles were only used to save the amount of brown 1 x 8. But you are right, they look burned.

The steps on the end are the main difference. On the first there is a big one and on the second they are more smooth.

Looking amazing so far. I realise its early days but may I suggest some 1x1 round plates in trans clear to make the river appear to be flowing?

Looking amazing so far. I realise its early days but may I suggest some 1x1 round plates in trans clear to make the river appear to be flowing?

:wink::devil: This is a detail that "could" be used. Please be patient.

Now I start the next chapter.

Oh my ...

The covered bridge is wonderful. I'm very excited to see your next works :thumbup:

Ok the pre ground build on chapter two is finished. You could guess what will be surrounding the sandplace :look:

The river turn into little rapid water with rocks in it.

img_6259.jpg

img_6260.jpg

I wish i had so many Legos :wub:

Looks extremly promising. I think at where the sand is there will be a small village, statue, or worsh shippping place like Stone hedge. But im not going to guess anything of those. Im wating for more updates whit pleasure, hope to see some in near future again. Keep it up :wink:

Captain Becker

Think the sandplace is gonna be surrounded by trees because it will be on the center the place for a wise and old wizard... :grin:

By the way really like the wood bridge.

Looks like this is coming along quite nicely. The varied shapes of the terrain are look great, and I love the grass growing in strips down the middle of roads. Plus the bridge looks sweet.

It's getting better every time I look here (which is actually quite logical :classic: )

It already has a very natural feeling with all the curves and elevation.

Perhaps you're already planning to do this, but some more/different shades of brown and green may also be a good idea.

The bridge is also great.

The roof is perhaps a bit 'expensive' for a country bridge, but it does make it more interesting and that's also important in a MOC.

Good luck!

Edited by Admiral Croissant

So huge yet already great landscape detail, I have never seen someone put so much effort into the ground and rivers. If that is the ground the buildings will be amazing! :thumbup:

The bridge looks nicely medieval and I can't wait for the whole thing to be finished. :classic:

man, that thing is massive! I'd really love to see it in real when it's finished ...