Sign in to follow this  
SirScottLego

Converted Sentry Outpost

For some time I've had the idea of building a pirate version of Forestman's Crossing 6071 and while building it just made sense to combine design with Armada Sentry 6244, and the result?...

outpost6071_6244.jpg

I like to imagine this was a deserted rum runners stronghold until my imperial find use for the strategic island as a stronghold. At any rate, hope you enjoy the moc...

Top View

outpost6071_6244top.jpg

Back View

outpost6071_6244back1.jpg

Side View

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/SirS...71_6244side.jpg

Sir Scott, I haven't seen you around these parts for quite a while, it's good to have you back! Especially when you bring such a nice MOC with you, this is very nice. I really like the abundant vegetation and the hidden entrances are neat as well. I only can find one aspect that could possibly use a little improvement; the bridge seems a little steep. Perhaps giving the towers a more similar height would change this. This is altogether great work. *y*

Thanks for the comments. Ya, I debated about the taller twin tower approach... originally my thought was that the sentry was going to be a mountain, but then I awoke and realized I don't have enough pieces!

BTW- I love your signature.

I like this a lot. Being made from reworked official sets, it has a very official look, yet with that twist that makes it new.

The angle of the rope bridge is a bit unorthodox, I'm having a hard time telling how well it attached to the taller building and I might consider adding at least one row boat since they almost always put one in a set this size.

Overally, nice work! *y*

Overall very nice work. My advice would also be to put the rope bridge at the same level as the other tower, either by lowering the bridge one level or by making the second tower higher.

Indeed, it looks very official, more or less a combination of 6244 Armad Sentry, 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up and 6265 Sabre Island.

I think it's rather cool! *y* Like the "jungle-look"But i'm not sure i like the bridge.. looks kinda weird in a way.. i think. But on the other hand; how should one get on top of the tower :-$

Very nice vegetation, lovely and somehow cool "desperate" atmosphere.... Fine work. :)

Looking good SirScott! It's good you're back. You are staying this time huh? :-P

Your MOC, it's very good. The LEGO set feel is all over it. Especially that opening wall at the back is LEGO set like.

The cannon at the tower seems a bit unconveniently placed, but who cares! :-D

Yes, very nice..

Mr Tiber

Very nice. I really do like the twin towers, and your modification to the Armada sentry was a good one *y* ! As Mr. Tiber indicated, it has the Lego Set feel all around it. I would buy this. I just hope the new pirate sets will look like this....anyway, that balcony looks very good. Though, the yellow railings are a bit short. Watch your step, mate, or you may be towering down of the tower. I like the railing in the background, it looks neat.

Excellent job! :capn:

Btw, you should add a treasure chest there!

Very nice *y* ! I like the rope ladder, I would keep it. I love how the vegetation has grown right into the stone structure *wub* Great work!

I always liked the look of Forestman crossing..soon all classic sets will turn to the pirate side ;-)

So what do you all think... do I take down the rope bridge?

I don't see how it would work without it, so I'd say leave it.

Great MOC. I wouldn't change anything to the rope bridge.

But I would put the cannon at another position.

The platform is a bit too small for a cannon.

I know that's how Lego used to position it's cannons in the Eldorado fortress, but that was the first thing I changed after I build it.

Edited by Bonaparte