Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

HMS Rosetta

Very nice ship!

It's colorful, but the colors don't bother me.

They create the right look for an armada ship.

If it were a little bit longer, it would be better.

But also with it's current length it looks OK.

And I'm fond of the crew. Great choice of uniforms and hats !

Edited by Bonaparte

They create the right look for an armada ship.

If it were a little bit longer, it would be better.

I'm glad it matches something a least X-D

I'm aware that it's a little short, but i used the hull from this ship (can't remember the name :'-( ):

spanish2_280.gif

And i've only got that single one, so it was difficult to figure out how to make the hull longer, but still look nice.

And I'm fond of the crew. Great choice of uniforms and hats !

Glad you like the crew.. the crew like's you too :-P

This is a good, cute little ship. I like the guys with the top hats, although the hats could use a little dusting. :-P The design is good, but I would take off all the green if I were you. Also, maybe you should switch the rigging from the main mast and the fore mast around, so the lateen sail is located in the aft portion of the ship like this set -

I'm aware that it's a little short, but i used the hull from this ship (can't remember the name :'-( ):

- the Armada flagship. That yould make it a little more realistic. Overall, this is nice work, Mr. Fisken!

Also, maybe you should switch the rigging from the main mast and the fore mast around, so the lateen sail is located in the aft portion of the ship like this set -

I thought about doing that, but i thought that it was better this way 'caus i wanted the ladder to be on the highest mast, and i also wanted to the highest mast to be the on in the middle of the ship.

About the green: i tried to match the colours of the Armada Flagship but i haven't got that many green bricks.. so I put those i had on the cabin. Think it looks nice with white, red and green... for an armadaship

Nice and colourful!

I like the treasure room underneath the cabin. And I also like the fact you can take the cabin of the ship.

I agree with Mr Bonaparte, the ship could look better if it were a little longer.

But I wonder, what pieces did you use for the barrel of the gun at the bow?

image008.jpg

It looks like a black palm tree part, but I didn't know those existed.. Have you painted it?

Mr Tiber

Edited by Mr Tiber

It looks like a black palm tree part, but I didn't know those existed.. Have you painted it?

Mr Tiber

Came as a surprise to me too, but that part is called a "technic horn" (2536c) and comes in black, brown, reddish brown, gray and bley.

In black:

2 in 8480-1 - Space Shuttle / "FOS Light" Space Shuttle (1996)

2 in 8247-1 - Road Rebel / Buggy Racer (1999)

2 in 8233-1 - MC vs. Stinger (1998)

2 in 8239-1 - Cyber Challenge (1998)

1 in 8229-1 - Tread Trekker (1997)

Learn something new every day. :-)

Mr Tiber

As Imperialshadows says it does indeed exist in black. Mine is from the 8233-1: MC vs. Stinger-set. I thought it would look nice as a cannon, but i'm not completely satisfied with the result though, but i will work out how to make a nicer cannon with the techninc horn for my next ship i think.

And i've only got that single one, so it was difficult to figure out how to make the hull longer, but still look nice.

I think ZCerberus has tried this,

To make the ship longer:

Where the hull pieces join together, you could use white plates and 3660.gif to make the ship longer.

It seems to work OK without using hull pieces.

Also,

Added this ship to the Index of MOC Ships

and added your 3 types of MOC Cannons into the MOC Cannon Index

nice work on those MOC cannons *y*

P

Edited by phred

I think ZCerberus has tried this,

To make the ship longer:

Where the hull pieces join together, you could use white plates and 3660.gif to make the ship longer.

It seems to work OK without using hull pieces.

I'm aware of that, an i've tried to do that on some of the other ships i've made, but i thought i would try one without. And i haven't got so mane white ones :'-(

About the cannons: I can take some better pictures of the cannons for the index if you wan't me to?

I'm aware of that, an i've tried to do that on some of the other ships i've made, but i thought i would try one without. And i haven't got so many white ones :'-(

Oh Ok, never mind then :)

About the cannons: I can take some better pictures of the cannons for the index if you wan't me to?

I would like a better pic of the large swivel carronade on the bow if you please X-D

I think the other 2 are plenty good enough *y*

P

I would like a better pic of the large swivel carronade on the bow if you please X-D

I'll se what i can do.. So pic coming up one fo the nearest day..

actually it's the same kinda cannon that is in the stern on the other ship i've build (the gunboat which actually is a sloop)

Now i've taken some new photos.. Here's the cannon in the stern again, but just a new and bette picture:

image002.jpg

I've made myself a folder just for my cannons, so from now one, when i build a new kind a cannon i will put it in there.

The cannonfolder