SirNadroj

Fort Brimstone: An Imperial Soldier Base

Ok, I finished this yesterday, but for some reason, I couldn't get on the site, so some of you may have already seen this on brickshelf. This is Fort Brimstone, an imperial soldier fort base on a small, rocky island. It houses my army. I used that brick technique to create a more 3-D effect for the patches of red bricks. There are 24 cannons (6 per side). I also gave it a little Spanish-Style roof, as you can tell. On the right is a strange rock formation (inspired by PoTC). There are many crabs around the island, palm trees with coconuts, and a small dock. There is also a prison for those nasty pirates. I've also added a few boats.

brim1.jpg

brim2.jpg

brim3.jpg

1185493349_DISPLAY.jpg

1185493350_DISPLAY.jpg

1185493352_DISPLAY.jpg

1185493354_DISPLAY.jpg

1185493357_DISPLAY.jpg

1185493356_DISPLAY.jpg

I think thats enough pictures :-D . You can also check this out on MOC Pages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/34071

As always, thanks for looking, and comments are greatly appreciated!

Edited by SirNadroj

Oooh lala that's really a beautiful MOC!!!

Awesome! Too bad I can't see the bloody pictures with photobucket... The pics on MOCpages are quite unclear...

Brick Wall technique on!

Mr Tiber, eagerly waiting to see better pictures!

Edited by Mr Tiber

Ohh-

I like the "Brick Technique" you used and the roof too.

High quality stronghold I say!

Awesome *y* !! I *wub* this! I am particularly fond of how you rendered the printed design of peeling plaster and the exposed brickwork in 3D. The roof is fantastic, and I love the drummer!

Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Thanks! The drum/drumsticks are Fabuland pieces.

Edited by phred

A beautiful fort, well designed and heavily armed. *y*

Those red bricks on the walls

As always, I do love it. What are the red spots for? Anyway, very great work. I hope this isn't the last of good creations, the roof is my favorite part, it looks like the real thing, eh?

Thanks. The red spots are patches of exposed brick, as if the fort is battle damaged. If you look at some older pirate sets, they made printed wall panels with exposed red brick patterns, so I wanted to create a more realistic effect.

Yes, very excellent job on the damage of the walls and the roof, love the whole fort and the cannons great job.

Nice job again SirNadroj *y*

I really like this one,especially the brickbuilt arch 8-o

Thanks for sharing :)

Piranha

I just love this fort! Really, I'm not exaggerating.

The overall look and all the scenery is great.

It all just looks right: the roof, the walls with the red parts, the arch next to the tower.

You clearly put a lot of effort in this MOCs!

Edited by bonaparte

Thanks. I did a lot of planning. Well, more planning than I usually do, like sketching, and a lot of bricklinking as well. :-D I'm not sure who is in charge of the indexs, but if you could add this to the land base MOC index, that'd be great! :)

Thanks. I did a lot of planning. Well, more planning than I usually do, like sketching, and a lot of bricklinking as well. :-D I'm not sure who is in charge of the indexs, but if you could add this to the land base MOC index, that'd be great! :)

Our Mr. Phred is in charge of the indexes.

I'm sure he won't forget to add this beauty.

Thanks. The drum a drumsticks are fabuland peices. I think they came with one of the monkeys, though I'm not sure which set they came with.