Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Sir Nadroj's Imperial Soldier Army

I thought I would post this since all of my army arrived yesterday. This is my Imperial Soldier army. It has 20 guys and a Governor. It is not as magnificent as some collections I've seen, but at least my guys have plumes! :-P Comments are welcome.

Army1.jpg

army2.jpg

army3.jpg

army4.jpg

army6.jpg

EDIT:

Two new Admirals:

admirals.jpg

All three officers: (me in the middle ;-) )

officers.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by SirNadroj

Look's like a great start, Love that cape on the commander looks great! Will be awaiting the expansion of this army.

It is not as magnificent as some collections I've seen, but at least my guys have plumes!

:-D I like your army, or as it might be called, your garrison. Is the face that you use for the governor the interchangeable one from the castle line?

Governor: I really do have eyes on the back of my head!

Thanks everyone! The governor's head is from the castle line, so I can switch it around if I wanted. I don't know why I would want to, but I can! :-$

Thanks. I am pretty oblivious to military jargon, so I don't know. I just call it an army! :-D (It's all I know!)

Thanks, but they were supposed to be british! :-$

British sir? The British wear their fabulous red and scarlet, and the elite wear Green jackets. Unless you have a platoon of engineers...

They bought their outfits in France when they were on vacation, but no, they're British! :-D

I'm seeing armies everywhere these days...

Is that officer drinking while on duty?

Serious, it's nice to see this fine army of yours.

And I'm happy they are not wearing shako's (they are rare enough).

Thanks. I wasn't prepared to fork over $5 per shako. I think the tricornes look good anyways. And yes, being a governor is hard work, so he enjoys a shot every now and again. ;-)

21 men, thats either a squad, or half a platoon

That's pretty good Sah :)

About the platoon thing...

In the US Army, generally there's 10 ppl per squad and 4 squads per platoon.

But there is a sergeant and a lieutenant assigned to the platoon so theres 42 total ppl in a squadplatoon X-D .

(let me know if i'm wrong :-$ )

Thanks. I wasn't prepared to fork over $5 per shako. I think the tricornes look good anyways. And yes, being a governor is hard work, so he enjoys a shot every now and again. ;-)

Didn't the marines in POTC where tricorns?

I'm pretty sure they did.

Nice army SirNadroj

P

Edited by phred

Thanks, and yes, I don't remember any shakos in PotC, and I have seen it God knows how many times.

According to Wikipedia, a squad is a small group led by a non commissioned officer. A squadron, however, is made up of 3 to 4 companies, which are made up of 3 to 4 platoons.

As for the MOC, nice *y* ! The plumes give the soldiers a distinct appearance compared to other armies.

I always thought a squadron was the name given to a group of naval vessels.

Also, you're looking to POTC for realism? Where cursed Aztec gold turns men into the undead? Where giant Kraken kill people? Where Bill Nighy acts as a squid? Where Port Royal is shown to hate pirates even though we let them in? (Actually, I think Port Royal had SUNK by that point.)

I seem to remember in Hornblower on the TV that marines wore shako's though.

Where cursed Aztec gold turns men into the undead?

Here's the back story of that, actually:

In the original PotC ride, you go through caverns with the earthly remains of pirates. When PotC made the move to WDW in a drastically shortened version, Marc Davis, the Imagineer who created most of the scenes in PotC, the HM, Jungle Cruise, etc., wanted to compensate by giving something to Florida's PotC that California's didn't. There was going to be an island in the qeue, where there was a pirate standing there with some treasure. As people watched, he would turn into a skeleton using "Pepper's Ghost Effect" (The same effect used in the Haunted Mansion's Ballroom). It was never done,but you can't blame Marc Davis for trying. :'-( It's not important how I know this. Just read my sig, and you'll realize that it's 100% true.

So there you have it. The brilliant history of a great, but never done idea, which was later ill-conceived into a crappy movie, which had most of it's crowds dragged in because of their amazement of how homosexual Jack Sparrow comes across as.

Edited by phred

I don't mean to double post, but here is an update on my army:

Two new Admirals:

admirals.jpg

All three officers: (me in the middle ;-) )

officers.jpg

BY GOD MAN!

Your officers are a damn disgrace. Unshaven ragamuffins, no more then common soldiers and sergeants! Flog them I say! FLOG THEM UNTIL THE GROUND IS AWASH WITH SANGUINE!

Seriously, Sir Henry Simmerson impersonation aside, I like the officers. I never seen that style of feather though, where did it come from?

BY GOD MAN!

Your officers are a damn disgrace. Unshaven ragamuffins, no more then common soldiers and sergeants! Flog them I say! FLOG THEM UNTIL THE GROUND IS AWASH WITH SANGUINE!

Seriously, Sir Henry Simmerson impersonation aside, I like the officers. I never seen that style of feather though, where did it come from?

The H.M.S. Broadside hasen't delivered their razors yet! :-D

The feathers came from Bricklink.com ;-) . Really, they came from one of those feather 'wheels', you know, the small ones, medium ones, then the triple ones. Here you go: http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4502a