Sign in to follow this  
Si-MOCs

Winter Village: Winter Festival

indexed.gif B-OV-23D

6542055407_6fdc8a8b54_z.jpg

I had a very hard time coming with with a concept for this contest - usually I have ideas of what I want to build for contests- but run out of time/skill to do it. I kept trying to build like the LEGO villages - buildings/vehicles that had some strong nostalgic value to me - but couldn't really find anything. So I decided to go back to square one and focus things I really enjoyed in winter - not buildings or cars - but the out doors.

I present the Winter Festival: Celebration of outdoors fun.

1) Fresh waffles (or Beaver Tails) out in the cold outside. Nothing like pipp'n hot snack with hot chocolate after a day of playing outside

2) The skating rink - man made or preferably natural - skating is like floating on clouds. but with ginsu knives strapped to your feat.

6542045343_107952ebf1_z.jpg

3) The crankity old man that rents out the skates - in case you didn't have your own

4) Ice sculptures! Cause in Canada, it's cold enough to actually have them outside (at least it used to be).

6542046217_b07f1a6a24_z.jpg

A wonderful winter creation 'SI-mocs', and that ice carving is AWESOME ! :thumbup:

God luck in the contest......Brick On in the snow 'SI-mocs' ! :classic:

Great moc, the idea of selling waffles is great and the placing of minifigs is excellent. That boy on the iceskates, priceless :tongue:

I just have one thing to say: that ice Pacman is so cool :wub_drool:.

Pacman? no no no. That's Cap-man. an uncopywrited character who gets chased around by spirits.

Great moc, the idea of selling waffles is great and the placing of minifigs is excellent. That boy on the iceskates, priceless :tongue:

Hehe the boy is me!

:laugh:

Very nice work! My initial idea was actually an ice rink, much bigger than the one in the Winter Bakery, but you've pulled it off. I also like the idea of having outdoor activities.