Sign in to follow this  
Boomchil

Port Royal LEGO-Styled instructions

Hi folks, you probably have seen the Youtube video or DreamTeam's ldd file, but if you want to build it away from your computer, both are not very useful.

That's why I decided to make Lego-Styled, printable instructions for this fantastic build made from both London Escape & Whitecap Bay.

After about 30hrs of work (took me a veeeeery long time to rethink the entire build process, as LDD's build order is really sh... chaotic :pir_laugh2: ), here it is, a 57MB (ouch) pdf file : Mediafire link

Some screenshots :

instructionsfaitepage12.th.png

instructionsfaitepage30.th.png

instructionsfaitepage88.th.png

The only change I had to make is for the corner walls : since the new one is not in the ldraw library, I used the old style ones + 2 1x1 Bricks.

I hope you'll like it, and feel free to distribute it :pir-sweet:

If you spot an error, please report it so I can correct it.

Not a huge Pirates fan, but I can say these look very professional. Nicely done. :pir-classic:

Thank you very much. :pir-classic: You did a perfect job on these instructions. They look really easy to follow now that I can see the parts clearly. I am really happy to have these instructions. Now I will be able to build Port Royale. :pir-devil: Thank you again. :pir-classic:

Good work on creating these instructions Boomchil! :thumbup:

This is something worth adding to our indices.

This is something worth adding to our indices.

Sure thing! I've put it in the index. Boomchil thanks for making this!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I made the model with SR3D (a LDD-Like ldraw compatible software, way easier to use than MLCad), then I used MLCad to optimize the steps, include sub-models and manage rotations, and finally used LPub4 to create the instructions.

If you want the MLCad file, I'll gladly upload it :pir-sweet:

I have London Escape but I think I might get Whitecap just to do this. Just one question though: after you build Port Royal, how many pieces are left over?

I agree with every other decent person who commented, splendid job :pir_laugh2: you have done this to a very good standard, and I complement you on being able to keep on that one project using LDD, which does have some very s... chaotic processes. :pir-grin:

Thank you so much for doing these. I might actually buy both of these sets again to build this. I'd be curious to see some actual pictures from anyone who's actually built it. :pir-grin:

Hallo boys and girls!

I found this Instruction very good!

You did a great job!

It's better than the Instruction of the LDD!

I hope my Instruction of my Black Paerl will be good too!

See you later Niklas

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for your hard work creating these instructions.:thumbup:

We're looking at creation a pirate section for our club's layout in November and we just may have to build this!

Argghh we built Port Royal last night till 2AM with the $%¨*§ LDD instructions. We will use your nice pdf next time :)

Awesome! These instructions kick tater-tots!

Though, I think that I would renovate mine with more furniture. Soldiers and Pirates, even LEGO, need to sit, too, you know! :bonaparte:

Awesome! These instructions kick tater-tots!

Though, I think that I would renovate mine with more furniture. Soldiers and Pirates, even LEGO, need to sit, too, you know! :bonaparte:

How many peices are left over from doing this?

Thanks,

JC

After building this I must say, The building front looked Great but.....

Too many pieces left over, it called for pieces I didn't have, some parts were different than my actual parts, some of the layout pictures were very hard to tell where to put the parts.

I ended up putting the sets back the way they were supposed to be, and definitely wouldn't do this again.

Thanks for the hard work and the manual, don't mean to complain just the things I noticed while building it.

Hi, I am new here and I was trying to get to your lego styled instructions for Port Royal however when I click on the link it tells me the material has been removed. Would someone be able to e-mail me the pdfs or post them again. I'll keep trying the link in case I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

I'm almost done building the set but does anyone else have problems with the pieces asked? I seem to be missing a 10x1 and a 3x1 dark grey brick. Hope I didn't lose them when I took the 2 sets apart... The set looks surprisingly good, very nice as a display piece :thumbup:

Edited by Cammo

I've re-uploaded it as I was able to saved it a while ago: http://www.mediafire...82bgvj879n7aiia

I try downloading it, and it didn't work there :sadnew: -- so what kind of instructions is it: is it a video type of building instructions, or is it the normal type of building instructions that are in a .pdf format, like the ones for the replacement building instructions on LEGO.com? :look: