Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The biggest Prize Pool in AFOL fansite history?

Do you know how long it takes to procure prizes of this sort? Longer than the other site has even existed. :pir_laugh2:

That's right - we began planning for this contest back in May so it's taken over a third of the year to get us to this stage.

I'm going to enter the contest because I need pirates :pir-cry_happy: . Help me Mister Phes!

Help will soon be at hand dear sir!

Well now this does look interesting. I don't have many pirate sets, so I will definitely be giving this contest a shot. There will be some tough competition, but I will certainly enjoy it. :pir-classic:

wow that is awesome all i can think about is the barracuda it`s so great but...is this something i have to subscribe to for like fifteeen bucks a month for the next twelve years?(is it true they are misb :pir-blush: ?)

That's right - we began planning for this contest back in May so it's taken over a third of the year to get us to this stage.

MAY!?!?! Wow this is going to be one high quality contest.

wow that is awesome all i can think about is the barracuda it`s so great but...is this something i have to subscribe to for like fifteeen bucks a month for the next twelve years?(is it true they are misb :pir-blush: ?)

You will never have to pay for anything on EB, or C-P, or C-T for that matter, if someone tells you otherwise your being conned.

Edited by Johnny 5

Wait a second. Normally when something has divisions you can only be in one. So does that mean that we will only be able to enter one?

Do you feel threatened by forbiddencove's castaway contest? :pir-wink:

Err..... no. I personally haven't even checked on ForbiddenCove since I registered. :pir_laugh2:

What precisely, is the "Creative Critic" award for? critiquing someone's MOC? Reveiwing a set in a different way? Come on!

You'll have to wait!

is it true they are misb :pir-blush: ?

No. They are not MISB.

Wait a second. Normally when something has divisions you can only be in one. So does that mean that we will only be able to enter one?

One entry per division.

(Mister Phes is a tease! :pir-laugh: )

No. They are not MISB.

Oh man. :pir-hmpf_bad: I guess it was to much to hope for though. :pir-grin: Tell me, are any of them MISB, or are they all second hand? And for that matter then, do they all have their boxes etc?

Err..... no. I personally haven't even checked on ForbiddenCove since I registered. :pir_laugh2:

>Snip<

Same here! other than when I heard they had Evil Steve Pirate Game rules up...

Oh man. :pir-hmpf_bad: I guess it was to much to hope for though. :pir-grin: Tell me, are any of them MISB, or are they all second hand? And for that matter then, do they all have their boxes etc?

I would hazard a guess that we get instructions and a high quality, complete set, at this stage I would say the box is a bonus, or the condition of the box is not mint.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Tell me, are any of them MISB, or are they all second hand? And for that matter then, do they all have their boxes etc?

I think Mister Phes would steal my bucket if I answered any more questions. But does the box make that big a difference anyway? I've never got the whole box thing. I collect LEGO, not packaging. If I buy a set, I open it, and throw out or flat pack the box. I'd love to have a BSB, but I wouldn't pay one cent more for one that had a box as well.

Woah man what a prize pool! I'm going to have to enter, whether I believe I stand a chance against some amazing MOC'ers or not, you never know! Can't wait to hear the rules....pillage the village....wonder whether we have to recreate a scene like that perhaps? Ooh I'm all giddy haha! Care to help out a fellow Aussie Phes and Sinner and perhaps throw a few 'extra' votes my way haha!

Enough of teasing, what are the rules :) We need to start building for the contest!

I know where you live! there is a flag in your profile AH AH AH ! I'm going to buy a Flight ticket to Australia and in something like 12 hours I'll be there, then I'll start to search for you, I also know that you look like a minifig with a helm and a spear with a sunset on your back !!shiver with fear ! AH AH AH

You'll be heading in the wrong direction if you go after the BSB...

I know I would never win, but it would be nice if the winner from each category could choose the prize they want. For example, in the Midsize category I value the Third place prize over the other two. But there is no way to build a MOC with the intent to win third place? Or is there? :pir-sceptic:

Prize-shuffling should be fine, but it's still being discussed.

Well I'm utterly teased by the prizes! I'm in huge need of enlarging my pirates collection. So there are actually 12 prizes for 12 contestants who might win?

Yes.

I'm expecting something big from you, given your performance in the CC Battles Contest :pir-wink:

So, can my minifigs be Adventurers? Or what type can they be other than Pirates? I'm going to enter the contest because I need pirates :pir-cry_happy: . Help me Mister Phes!

Many Adventurers (and Castle) minifigs can easily be adapted into pirates, so if they look like pirates, then there won't be a problem :thumbup:

I'm going to repeat, these are good quality sets, but not MISB. It would take an amount of money we couldn't dream of to buy this many MISB sets, IF we could even find them.

Actually there is one MISP, but I'm not saying which :pir-grin:

Do you know how long it takes to procure prizes of this sort? Longer than the other site has even existed. :pir_laugh2:

Actually not; FC has existed unofficially (i.e. only root admins registered) since February, but only came public in August.

I want to join too! But im probably too new...

Nope, anyone can enter this contest as long as you are a EBs member. No exceptions!

Actually not; FC has existed unofficially (i.e. only root admins registered) since February, but only came public in August.

Actually actually yes! :pir-laugh: This contest idea was first considered last year...

I think it should be:

"Is it the biggest Prize Pool in AFOL Fansite History?"

instead of:

"Is the the biggest Prize Pool in AFOL Fansite History?"

Admins may want to check the frontpage post!

MISB, not for long. What kind of idiot would open that box and build the Barracuda?

I'm just that kind of village idiot, as I missed the opportunity the first time around.

I have 3 pirates and 1 flag (jolly roger) in my collection, it's a big ask but I'm ready for the rules.

Announcement!

Specific details of the contest will be disclosed in the near future, but for now, let me just assure you that there is room for everyone: the big builder, the small builder, the person who likes to comment on the work of others.

You all have a place, and, if you're talented enough, you could choose to participate on many levels. Ownership of official pirate parts isn't a requirement at all, creativity can work around that, but if you're smart, scrolling down and visiting some of the many cheap auctions that are ending all over the world on a daily basis might just give you a bit of an advantage, and with prizes like these, who wouldn't want a little help?

The possibilities are as staggering as the prizes.

Speaking of prizes!

The Prizes

All prizes are good quality, previously-owned LEGO, purchased through auctions and complete with either original or reproduction instructions. In a few cases, there may be a box. You will not be displeased.

Oh, and staff isn't eligible to win, and believe me, we wish we could. Lucky bastards! :pir-devil:

That's all for now. :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

Looking forward to checking this contest out more closely. Should be huge in terms of builds and contestants. I'm not a huge pirates fan - though they are way cooler than ninjas!

Thanks for the information, IS, which I'm sure will be very enlightening for some. However, I hate suprises. :pir-tongue: I can't wait for the info, like rules and a date! So let's hope that the "near future" is in about 5 seconds! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Adam

Oh, and staff isn't eligible to win, and believe me, we wish we could. Lucky bastards! :pir-devil:

That's all for now. :pir_laugh2:

Uh oh! Do I count as staff?